FORUMS

Issue with buying Tier 3 Vucari

Posted: //
Feb. 24, 2018, 11:29 a.m.

I'm trying to move up this arty chain, and I've run into a problem. I have every module through tier 1 and tier 2 ships researched, yet when I select the Vucari to buy, it says I don't have enough tech modules researched, that I have 7/8 items completed. I've gone through every tier 1/2 ship I have, and I have them all, and every module is researched.

Not sure if this is a glitch from the change of research process, or if I've missed something, but I could use some suggestions or advice. Maybe I haven't played enough at the recruit level? I went through there pretty quick, and haven't played recruit level in quite a while, being deep into grinding the tier 3 ships at the moment.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. I'd like to restart on the big slug throwers, and need to figure this out to get there.

Thanks

Feb. 24, 2018, 11:34 a.m.

You need to buy modules to get that X/8 Filled now, just from that explanation seemed you were missing one module purchase

Feb. 24, 2018, 3:30 p.m.

As Raging said. The credit cost of buying a ship was removed, but to keep the numbers consistent, they changed the requirement from "researching all modules along the path" to "purchasing a specific number of modules". It's probably worth pointing out that only the relevant tech tree is considered for the tech unlock; for example, you need to have purchased 8 modules in the T2 Akula artillery screen in order to claim the T3 Akula artillery.

If you have already purchased 8 items for the T2 Akula artillery, I'd recommend contacting support.

March 4, 2018, 2:50 p.m.

Updated //
March 4, 2018, 2:54 p.m.

Cool, thanks guys. I'll go back through them all and see what I missed. I think the problem is very likely the "purchase" and not "research". Given the economics model of the game, I'm not a fan of this as it takes away from stuff I would really like to try out, but it's not a big deal.

Thanks for the feedback.

(Edit: yep, had two modules I hadn't purchased. Bought them, and there was my Tier 3. Thanks again.)

March 4, 2018, 3:28 p.m.

Actually, it opens up options much better than it did before. Ships were changed to be free, with a token cost of experience. The removal of a credit cost means that the credits you used to pay for ships can now instead pay for various modules, and a similar case with the experience costs. You are now able to pick the modules that are most interesting to you in your progression to the next ship, along with having a wide range to pick from, rather than being forced down specific paths that don't give you anything you want to reach the next ship.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.