FORUMS

Scoring - What gives?

Posted: //
Feb. 25, 2018, 11:45 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 25, 2018, 11:51 a.m.

I know this has been discussed/asked over and over, but I have yet to actually find an answer. How the frack does scoring in this game actually work?

I have been told by some that it's weighted for kills (I believe this to be only partially true). I have been told by others is weighted for team play and "assists" (I believe this to be only partially true as well). So explain to me how, even in a fair-to-middlin game, you can have MORE kills, and MORE assists than someone else, AND the same # of deaths (zero), yet have a decidedly lower score? We ran as a group, and were scoring assists on basically the same ships.

So, what gives? How does scoring ACTUALLY work? Does anyone really know? Here's an image link showing what I'm talking about. Thanks! http://forum.guildlaunch.net/9/6/3/7/557369/forums/Dreadnought(2016)%20Screenshot%202018.02.25%20-%2010.23.47.00.png

Feb. 25, 2018, 11:49 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 25, 2018, 11:55 a.m.

Assault Ship kills, Command Ship kills, other guy might have a been healer at other points in the match, things like that.

Feb. 25, 2018, 11:54 a.m.

you get points for buffs and debuffs too, so getting a kill while the target is under your debuff, will net you extra points for a kill, the same as someone getting a kill while under the effect of your buff too. You get extra points for raming and killing your target with a ram/assault blink warp.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Feb. 25, 2018, 12:19 p.m.

Thank you! That at least explains some of what I have seen.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-211785) said:

you get points for buffs and debuffs too, so getting a kill while the target is under your debuff, will net you extra points for a kill, the same as someone getting a kill while under the effect of your buff too. You get extra points for raming and killing your target with a ram/assault blink warp.

Feb. 25, 2018, 4:38 p.m.

There was a thread made awhile back titles along the lines of "guide on how to increase your score for noobs", but I havent been able to find it.

From what a gather, you can really increase your score by applying buffs and debuffs. This is obviously most effictvely done in a tac cruiser, hence why they always seem to be at the top of the scoreboard. For example, instead of taking repair pod, repair autobeams, and repair drones in your tac, take one healing module, one module that debuffs and enemy, and one module that buffs an ally. Dont quote me on this though, I have yet to really test it.

Feb. 25, 2018, 4:47 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 25, 2018, 4:52 p.m.

What really annoys me in the reward system is that it scores kills in a really stupid way. For example I often find myself taking about 1/4 of the HP of a hostile ship and not even gaining an assist (ffs!), while other times a random, single hit grants me a kill score... like, wtf... Well yeah it's possible that mine was the kill shot, but really I did like 500 dmg and poof, I get scored... even though I know the game has a system that grants the "captain kill" for whoever did the most damage, regardless of whose was the killing blow.

It all just acts so randomly at many times... Though it's mostly the unscored assists that are bothering the heck out of me. Even more so when it happens on a command ship...

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Feb. 26, 2018, 5:49 a.m.

^ This! So much this. I'm in the T3 grind at the moment and the fact that in one game I can get 3-4k XP and the next barely scrape 1k for what seems like pretty much the same performance seems.... odd.

I can get the kill shot on a Command ship and get 300 points, I can take half it's health off and get nothing. To say that it's frustrating is an understatement, especially as score leads straight to XP which I need bucket loads to get through to even start off T4 and the OBs.

Also, it's so much easier to grind XP if you play a healing focussed Tac Cruiser. It's silly really how easy it is to get oodles of XP for sitting in the middle of your team spamming heals and hoping that you don't get nuked lol. I'd definitely like to see number tweaks on that side of the game, and this coming from someone that has more hours in Tac Cruisers than anything else at the moment.

Pretty much every single game, the top players in terms of score are always the Tac Cruisers. Often by a very large margin too.

Feb. 26, 2018, 6:33 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 26, 2018, 6:40 a.m.

Well the thing is about Tacs that their scoring really depends on the whole team and also on the game mode. When you're lucky enough to get into a Team Deathmatch, where you have a team of players in big tanky ships, who also happen to stick together, then you're in Tac heaven. It can really work out, very very well. I actually doubt any other class can accumulate so much XP, especially at T3, but then again, Tac healers also need a lot of luck for this to happen. What I'm saying is that if you end up in a dream-team, you can score the most with a Tac, true, but ending up in a dream-team is really rare.

I get tons of matches where the team just roams wildly all across the map without any sense or coordination, and where the heaviest ship around is a Vindicta (go figure). In these games I straight up refuse to play my Tac, even if there's no healer on the team at all. It's just pointless and reaaaally annoying.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Feb. 26, 2018, 6:41 a.m.

I've been spending a lot of time in my Gravis recently. It's a ship I enjoy playing and I get a fair degree of success in. But this is where I'm often seeing a huge variance in the score and the XP, I can get very similar KDA and hugely different rewards.

It's not a difference of wins/losses as the vast majority of games have me on "Team T3" lol.

Feb. 26, 2018, 7 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 26, 2018, 7:02 a.m.

ribbons are the difference guys

Stuff like Caretaker (+140) or Saviour get you extra XP / Score and can get you a lot of points

Would be nice to have get more stats of each ribbon, ribbon descriptions exist only for ps4 and don't tell how much points they are worth

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.