FORUMS

Match Preparation Screen: Mouse Pointer Lost

Posted: //
Feb. 26, 2018, 8:29 a.m.

By now I experienced several times of losing my mouse pointer after using the chat.

(I made sure there was no blinking cursor in the chat input box - so no focus issue.)

So far I tried pressing [ESC] several times and using [Alt]+[Tab] to switch out and back into the game. Didn't work.

As a result, I was stuck with the first ship on my bar to enter the fight with.

To prevent this you should of course make sure you've picked an appropriate ship prior to using the chat on that screen...

But it would be great if this could be investigated. Chatting with your team could result in wanting to pick another ship - which by then might not be possible anymore.

Feb. 26, 2018, 6:16 p.m.

It happens when you press tab or alt+f4 before the ship selection menu appears.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

Feb. 26, 2018, 8:18 p.m.

Duplicate thread. https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/132010/

One of the devs has already responded that this will be fixed. In the mean time, as Vasiliy says, it seems to be related to pressing TAB before the selection menu appears, and can be avoided by waiting until then to check the scoreboard. If you still get affected by the invisible cursor, you can follow these steps to pick your ship:

1. Press ESC to open the menu
  2. Hover cursor over "Resume" and click
  3. Carefully move the invisible mouse cursor direcly down until the center ship highlights (indicating the invisible cursor is over it)
  4. Move the invisible cursor directly to the side until the desired ship is highlighted, and click

To select a specific loadout, instead of clicking when the ship is highlighted, move your mouse carefully to the right until the ship is no longer highlighted, then back to the left just a little, and move down as needed to highlight the B loadout.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.