FORUMS

PSA: Removing the background music and hangar noises in v1.3.1+

Posted: //
Nov. 1, 2016, 8:34 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 2, 2016, 7:09 a.m.

Since the game still lacks proper audio options:

To remove the background music, download Snib_NoMusic_P.pak.
To remove the ambient hangar sounds, download Snib_NoAmbientHangarSounds_P.pak.

Place the file(s) you downloaded into this folder:
[YourDreadnoughtInstallationFolder]\DreadGame\DreadGame\Content\Paks

The change takes effect the next time you start the game. To re-enable music or the noises just exit the game delete the respective file again. If they ever add proper audio options you should then also remove the files.

Disclaimer: This is technically a mod of the game, but since no game files actually get modified on disk, you're only adding my files, I didn't see anything in the EULA to disallow or otherwise address this. Nevertheless, use at your own risk.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

Nov. 2, 2016, 6:40 a.m.

In case there are those that doubt the authenticity i can confirm that this works

My spaceship brings all the boys to the yard

Carrier-Class Ideas 1.6 | Module Ideas 1.1
T-Shirt Designs | Ship specific Voice-Packs

Nov. 2, 2016, 7:13 a.m.

Oh sure I'm legit. Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher also still works by the way.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

Jan. 22, 2017, 12:19 a.m.

Was just about to make a topic about the annoying excess noise.

March 5, 2017, 2:37 p.m.

Updated //
March 5, 2017, 3:23 p.m.

Snib, thank you very much!!!

After a couple of hours playing the rumbling noise in the hangar starts to get really irritating.

EDIT:
I only use Snib_NoAmbientHangarSounds_P.pak. It works after restart but after the first game, the hangar noise is back.

May 14, 2017, 1:46 p.m.

Hangar sounds removal mod updated to also include a few new hangar voice overs that had been added to the game in the meantime. The hangar will once again be silent.

The music remover is no longer needed since you can now control music volume in game, but I'll leave the download available in case you want to use it for performance reasons (music not playing at all vs just muting it).

May 16, 2017, 6:33 a.m.

Thank you, these files should come standard with the game.

-----Tier 5 Ohkta Pilot-----Tier 5 Invictus Pilot-----Tier 5 Athos Pilot-----
-------------------------Fully Researched Tier 4 Fleet------------------------
-------------------What the @#$% are you talking about?----------------

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.