FORUMS

Hero ships.

Posted: //
March 3, 2018, 10:40 a.m.

So whats everyones opinions on Hero ships?

Do you like them, what tier of ship do you feel is the best?

Do you think the Price points are fair for what they are?

My self, I like them, a lot. Personally I feel T2 Hero ships are the best. Mostly because T3/T4 offer no real play Value, as you need to work towards your T4/T5's. At lest with T2 Hero ships they will get used, as once you get all your T3's you can just farm Free XP with the T2 hero ships,

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 3, 2018, 11:18 a.m.

For me, hero ships are just pretty expensive cosmetics. Why should they earn xp for themselves? You can't unlock modules for them. Afaik they dont even have a second loadout. I know this shall make people spend money on xp to free-xp conversion, but that is, imo, pretty much too expensive. I would maybe play them when they would have gotten changed like it was announced a few months back (they should be changed to earning 100% free xp, what has been changed to 80%xp + 40% free xp). Also, the differences in their prices being pinned by their tiers makes no sense to me, but that is, because theyre just cosmetics for me, I guess.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

March 3, 2018, 3 p.m.

Updated //
March 3, 2018, 3:04 p.m.

I just use them for the Free XP and "skin pack" as well, I don't really think they have more purpose beyond that. They're quite handicapped by their fixed module setup, as those have quite a good chance of not fitting your playstyle.

The T4 hero ships I didn't really look at, they're just too d.mn expensive. Maybe they have more useful gear, I wouldn't know.

I own all the Morningstar variants the game offers (as far as I can tell), but the 'Old Morningstar' (T2) and the 'Morningstar - Vintage' (T4) have quite bad equipment, with Scattergun, Flechette, Tractor and Warp. It's just too melee for my taste. The 'PCF Morningstar' (T2) is nice however, with Plasma, Heavy Torp, Anti-Missile and Warp, it's a bit more of an all-arounder and can be used in a fight. This one I like.

Then there's the PCF Silesia (T2) that I don't even remember how I got it, but it is also fun to play. In recruit this class of arty cruiser generally works well, and this model also has an useful setup. (Rapid Fire, Disruptor, Drain, Armor amp.)

It's really not a pain to farm for some free XP with the PCF ships in Recruit, I'd say it's well worth acquiring them.

The only other hero ship I own is the 'Hanuman'. When I bought it I was just looking to get a cheap ship that I can drop into my Veteran fleet to passively accumulate some Free XP while I'm playing my regular ships. I only later realized that I can have the 'Morningstar - Vintage' for this same purpose, as I wasn't yet aware of the Founder's Packs. They should really be visible in the ingame store...

Regardless, since I already have the Hanuman I thought I give it a spin or two, and I have to say it's quite a nice ship, actually surprised me there. It has a good module setup with Plasma, Heavy torp, Stasis and Armor amp, and it also happens to have the Engine Rigger OB. It's quite a nice brawler ship, it even made me cosider switching to the Gravis line from the Chernobog line a couple of times. One downside is that for some reason the Hanuman ship coating can only ever be used on the Gravis variants, whereas the Morningstar paintjob works on all ships. I don't really see the logic here.

All-in-all, though I think Hero ships are mostly for cosmetics and Free XP, some of them are surprisingly useful.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

March 3, 2018, 5:15 p.m.

Updated //
March 3, 2018, 5:16 p.m.

Yeah all the T2's I have bar the Morningstar there coatings and decals can only be used on the ships of the same line.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 7, 2018, 2:32 a.m.

Too expensive with too few benefits and bad loadouts IMHO

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.