seeing scores like 100 / 10 and so on

they really ruin the game

Posted: //
March 3, 2018, 3:54 p.m.

There are counters for everything learn and use them

Also Pics or Bs

March 3, 2018, 5:18 p.m.

No they don't. I love a good healer when I'm using a Dreadnought, and I love going up against teams that can't shut down healers too.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 3, 2018, 5:35 p.m.

Play them yourself if you consider them to be OP. It's teamplay that makes them strong.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

March 3, 2018, 6:03 p.m.

100 / 10 scores are usually caused by squads, healers alone are by far not enough for that. Moreover being a good healer is really not as easy as it seems, and it only works if the team around you is good. There are quite a few circumstances that have to be met for a heal-ball to really work well.

In case it does, it is very strong, but that's the achievment of several players together, not just a healer or the class.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

March 3, 2018, 6:22 p.m.

People need to learn to shoot at the healers first and not at the ships being healed . Use corvettes with drain torpedoes/disruptor pulse or a vindicta with a ram.

If there are 2+ healers with dreads using armorbooser pulses, you won't kill anything and might as well just alt+f4 since disruptor pulses won't cancel armorboosterpulses for some reason.

I wonder if tac cruisers shouldn't have some sort of heating effect, so if they use their beams for too long they take some damage (to balance their infinite ammo). Maybe it could add some thought process to the gameplay of tac cruisers, which currently consists in pressing left mouse click.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

March 3, 2018, 7:26 p.m.

Vasiliy#2624 posted (#post-212889) said:

Maybe it could add some thought process to the gameplay of tac cruisers, which currently consists in pressing left mouse click.

Question: Have you ever actually flown a healer in a team that is under heavy fire? You need to be aware of everything around you to play to your maximum potential, you can't just tunnel vision on a single dreadnought. A healer needs to be aware of the health of all ships around them and watching for the enemy team changing targets or splitting fire, and also needs to be constantly vigilant of any flankers so as to take defensive action before it's too late; you also need to be fully aware of your module and energy status. There is a lot going on behind the scenes for the really good healers out there.

As for your point about armour pulses, whilst that can be annoying, it doesn't necessarily mean that a healer is impervious. Two plasma rammers will still be able to take a healer down under armour pulse if they strike together, or one ram and one tac cruiser with purge beam, or one ram and one dreadnought with armourbreak ammo. I'm pretty sure the pulse thing is a bug and will be fixed eventually, but until then there are still options to get around it with teamwork.

March 4, 2018, 4:07 a.m.

Updated //
March 4, 2018, 4:09 a.m.

Vasiliy#2624 posted (#post-212889) said:

Maybe it could add some thought process to the gameplay of tac cruisers, which currently consists in pressing left mouse click.

Well that is true for all classes, but then they're played badly. If a healer Tac just focuses a ship and holds the left button, he's quite a bad healer.

Healing well requires you to focus on many things simultaneously, it's definitely not easy if done right. Now that I think about it, I have to - by far - make the most sudden decisions and take the most risks when I'm playing my Tac. The only other class that I think could require the same amount of gambling is the Corvettes, but I don't fancy playing those.

Also, Tac healers are only ever as good as their team is, they cannot single-handedly turn the tides.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

March 4, 2018, 8:59 a.m.

Updated //
March 4, 2018, 9:02 a.m.

I have put 50+ hours into tac's and i can say they are not op or break the games balance, i have played againt teams that run 2/3 hears and bubble which dont get me wrong is a pain but it is a fair thing to do, i know i can break that kind of set up with one ship which is fun but it took time to learn how.

so its not that arrr they keep healing each other blah blah they are op, its that your team or youself do not have any counter for it.

This is coming form PS4 SO i dont know if it a bit different on the PC

Dont blame the tac, I think its the best class of ship in the game and much love for it, the only thing i have found that is op are the storm missiles but thats another post all together.

happy flying

March 5, 2018, 3:33 a.m.

2 ohkta that do not receive purge nukes often enough with T5 heal autobeams, adrenaline shot, healing pods and energy generator just won't go down unless you manage to ram them.

You have to have to really specific counters and proper teamwork to counter setups like this. Funny thing is, this setup is easy to make, because all you need is 2 ohktas.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.