FORUMS

What we saw in the Dev Stream today :)

Posted: //
Oct. 22, 2015, 7:04 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 22, 2015, 7:11 p.m.

First off, very fun to watch, great personalities on the Twitch stream- keep up the good work!

I wanted to kinda sum up what I saw on the stream today:

1- Dreadnought pets are definitely IN- we saw the heal probe, and they mentioned but didn't actually see the dreadnought fighter squadron.

2- Customization includes emblems (we saw a couple including a Holy Grail-isk Bunny Head "Bon Bon") and some ship skins like the Raven and heard mention of a few camoflauges.

3- Pink is not in (YET)

4- Teamplay is definitely in (we saw this with a consistent dev opforce), though VoIP is not in as of yet (they did give kudos out to Teamspeak). I mentioned WoWarships is using Curse Voice client as a suggestion.

5- We saw some great examples of teamplay and positioning- especially for healers (there was a healer between two dreds at the end).

6- They talked a lot about the score screen being revamped.

7- They also talked some on positioning and shield deflection (both questions I made) and the short answer was there are shields that absorb and some that let part of the damage through?

8- They also talked about how they are adjusting how fast you level and get perks.

9-They mentioned a third game mode- but didn't say what it was, probably because it is too early in development.

10-We did see one of the ships hit with a missile that distorted the screen (a form of crowd control).

Overall, very well worth seeing!!! Looking forward to more!!! One thing the devs mentioned over and over is they want us all in the beta- and even though I didn't get a key today (grrrr) there will be more coming smile

Beardwny smile

Oct. 22, 2015, 7:30 p.m.

http://www.twitch.tv/dreadnought/v/21894679 heres the link to anyone who missed it smile

Show signatures? < NO

Oct. 22, 2015, 7:32 p.m.

Thanks PANDA, I was actually about to ask lol!

"The only teacher is the enemy." - Mazer Rackham

Oct. 22, 2015, 7:36 p.m.

Damnit, I missed it again.
Why do I always life when there's a stream?
Well, I suppose I also have a shot GPU Fan, so I couldn't have watched it either way, but still.
Thanks for the recap and link!

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

Oct. 23, 2015, 2:59 a.m.

Hey guys it was a ton of fun. I love how much info you guys can grab just from us playing and joking around smile If you have more questions let us know and I'll try and answer what I can. Pink is totally in the game just not in the Alpha for example smile

Also different classes have different shields. So a dreadnought shield uses very little energy while blocking around 60% damage. This means he can leave it on for a very long time but doesn't block as much damage. The Corvette is the opposite he blocks 100% damage but can only keep the shield on around 2-3 seconds. All the other classes fall in between these two extremes.

And again team work and positioning are what's currently OP in Dreadnought. That last match was super hard to win because the other team grouped up and work together the only reason we could pull off a win was because we hid and waited to pick off any player that got out of formation. There will be more abilities and such to help break up formations but right now a team that communicates and sticks together is a dangerous force to be reckoned with.

Joshua "Dark_Fox_" Morrison
3D Artist, YAGER

Oct. 23, 2015, 6:52 a.m.

DN_Dark_Fox_#1657 posted (#post-8667)

Hey guys it was a ton of fun. I love how much info you guys can grab just from us playing and joking around smile If you have more questions let us know and I'll try and answer what I can. Pink is totally in the game just not in the Alpha for example smile

Also different classes have different shields. So a dreadnought shield uses very little energy while blocking around 60% damage. This means he can leave it on for a very long time but doesn't block as much damage. The Corvette is the opposite he blocks 100% damage but can only keep the shield on around 2-3 seconds. All the other classes fall in between these two extremes.

And again team work and positioning are what's currently OP in Dreadnought. That last match was super hard to win because the other team grouped up and work together the only reason we could pull off a win was because we hid and waited to pick off any player that got out of formation. There will be more abilities and such to help break up formations but right now a team that communicates and sticks together is a dangerous force to be reckoned with.

thank you for the stream dev team,it was awesome as always.The other one make it at Christmas,dress like santa and give alpha keys smile

Dreadnought Wikia

Oct. 23, 2015, 7:31 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 23, 2015, 7:33 a.m.

UnLimiTeD#2482 posted (#post-8631)

Damnit, I missed it again.
Why do I always life when there's a stream?
Well, I suppose I also have a shot GPU Fan, so I couldn't have watched it either way, but still.
Thanks for the recap and link!

I actually missed it too. Saw the news and was all hyped "omffggg when will the stream start", went to the stream, checked... umm... yeah, it's over. Hence the link smile

Thank you for the stream smile It'll help us survive until we get our invites!

Show signatures? < NO

Oct. 23, 2015, 10:07 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 23, 2015, 10:08 a.m.

DN_Dark_Fox_#1657 posted (#post-8667)

Thanks for the answer Dark Fox!!!
p.s. Monarch class..pls next stream,u didnt gave it a chance this time smile I was so excited when u unlocked it,but i was about to cry when i saw you guys changing it right after it was destroyed smile

"The First Of His Name"

Oct. 23, 2015, 8:26 p.m.

THAT IS SO COOL!

Oct. 24, 2015, 7:46 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 24, 2015, 7:46 a.m.

DEVASTRATOR#4326 posted (#post-8684)

The other one make it at Christmas,dress like santa and give alpha keys smile

THIS smile but seriously, great stream guys! I really enjoyed playing against you three times in the stream although getting crushed by you xD I really appreciated how you both were so eagerly responding to the questions in the twitch chat! Thats a very nice way how non-alpha-testers could get fast and direct answers to their questions smile

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.