FORUMS

Officer breffings need a rebalance.

Posted: //
March 10, 2018, 1:12 p.m.

I agree that DM and AS should be reworked. AS is part of what makes healers so frustrating to play against and desperate measures gives a way bigger advantage than the other comm briefings (retaliator, feddback loop and module recycler). Drain effects should cancel every way to regen energy, briefings included.

Some briefings also could use some buffs, like tip the scales, glass cannon and naviguation expert. They reduce some stats to increase others, but the trade is often not worth it, on any ship.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

March 10, 2018, 10:03 p.m.

Vasiliy#2624 posted (#post-213721) said:

desperate measures gives a way bigger advantage than the other comm briefings (retaliator, feddback loop and module recycler)

Some briefings also could use some buffs, like tip the scales, glass cannon and naviguation expert. They reduce some stats to increase others, but the trade is often not worth it, on any ship.

These are all subjective, and most officer briefings tend to have a place on certain ships. Many would agree, Desperate Measures is worth a lot less on a Dreadnought than Retaliator for the comms slot, and Retaliator is often also the preferred briefing for tanky healer tacs looking to increase uptime of Energy Generator. Module Recycler can often find a place on a range of ships, particularly those with high-burst modules. The only thing I tend to use Desperate Measures on these days is my artilleries, to give myself a better chance of surviving long enough to kill a heavy corvette or ramcan that comes after me... and even then, that's only because no other comms briefings really suit my playstyle for an artillery.

As for the briefings you list in the second part of your post (Tip the Scales, Glass Cannon, and Nav Expert), they also have their places and their worth is subjective. I'm not really a fan of Glass Cannon myself, but some corvettes and artilleries I've seen can use it to devastating effect - particularly those with cloak, or dedicated healer support and weaponboost effects. Feedback Loop, Nav Expert, and Tip the Scales is my go-to briefing loadout for hit-and-run ships (Vindicta, Valcour); whilst lacking the speed boost from PtE that Engine Rigger would give, Nav Expert allows me to sustain PtE almost indefinitely when combined with keeping 2-3 modules on cooldown to keep energy flowing in from Feedback Loop, with Tip the Scales increasing health regeneration to top me up out of combat that much faster; I believe they are fine as they are, and any buffs could quite easily make them pretty overpowered.

March 11, 2018, 7:40 a.m.

I'm a fan of feed back loop. Reading the description, it sounds a bit rubbish, but in fact is quite good.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 12, 2018, 8:57 a.m.

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedbacks guys. I've added differents some of your ideas and suggestions to our communication to the dev team.

French Community Manager

"Do or do not, there is no try."

March 12, 2018, 10:27 a.m.

Updated //
March 12, 2018, 10:32 a.m.

There's actually only one person talking to himself, and criticizing everybody's opinion if it slightly different from his. Just look at his excuses which will appear right after this message in a short while. Because people like him just see everything as "my" and "wrong" stuff.

Nice "feedback" gathering, though. Barely 2+ pages of discussion, which are 80% filled with posts of one person. Just hire him in a dev team already, if nobody else opinion is matters to you, Tytyes.

I wonder if you like him more then anyone, or just doing your job as a CM that bad?

March 12, 2018, 11:08 a.m.

Woah. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Belial, KrustyLow, Landro, you too ; you all brought up your opinions and suggestions about the topic.

Belial and Hell_Rabbit seems to have a personal argument yeah. It's my job to bypass it and take what's relevant from the topic.

Just like it is to bypass the grudge you'd have either with me or with Belial to take in consideration any relevant feedback and opinion you shared.

French Community Manager

March 12, 2018, 11:29 a.m.

Updated //
March 12, 2018, 11:29 a.m.

Im just saying that 2 pages of discussion isnt enough feedback for a game with hundreds of players, to pass it to developers at this point.

March 12, 2018, 12:16 p.m.

It's more a matter of how "shared" a feedback is. Especially if you browse the forum you can see that, except in the official Feedback post bound to a specific patch, we don't get some much feedbacks.

And in itself, I like to gather as much as possible, always handy to see an evolution, pros and cons, or simply the "history" of a feedback, as something could be minor but been reported for a long time.

French Community Manager

March 12, 2018, 12:51 p.m.

Updated //
March 12, 2018, 12:56 p.m.

DN_Tytyes#8983 posted (#post-213969) said:

It's more a matter of how "shared" a feedback is. Especially if you browse the forum you can see that, except in the official Feedback post bound to a specific patch, we don't get some much feedbacks.

Is it just me, or you make it sound as if it is our fault, as players? I mean, are you kidding me? You make it sound as if it's the player, who should be interested in leaving feedback in the first place and not the developer collecting it.

YOU NEED TO COLLECT THE FEEDBACK, NOT US, DUDE.

And right now there's not too much tools to leave feedback, aside from forums. And forums - well, the rule #1 of each and every forum, is that every constructive discussion at some point will descend into the abyss of subjectivity and end up with sh1tposting.

Also, second important point is "how shared the feedback is". I mean, how the f%ck do you know how shared it really is? Based on your good judgement or what? Based on crythreads such as this one? Or whines of SOS (and alike) elitist scum in discord? I'm referring to the nerf of Stasis Pulse on dreadnoughts, for example. Was it the tears of Warthain or Duffman, who couldn't effectively pwn newbs in their corvettes, if dred with stasis was on the other team? Whose tears it was, when you nerfed Bomb Cata belly-stealth-attack? Literally noone but 3 or 5 people in the game used this tactic. And it wasn't even super-effective, tbh, just merely fun.

TLDR: If you want valuable feedback - create polls monthly. Introduce them during your official streams, for example, and reward the participation with GPs or cosmetics, for example. Then you'll probably get some resemblance of objectivity and will understand how "shared" the feedback is.

"Hang in there!" (™)

March 12, 2018, 1:41 p.m.

Updated //
March 12, 2018, 1:43 p.m.

del

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.