FORUMS

Progression 2.0 -If it really is that bad, players have the power to kill it

Posted: //
Nov. 2, 2016, 12:49 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 2, 2016, 12:50 a.m.

While it has not been too long, I have not seen any positive response to the 2.0 progression model.

From a War Thunder player, I do not thing that the WT and WoWarships model is terribly bad. There are much worse progression models. However, some models do not fit some games. I do think that in the case of DN, this may be one of those instances in which the model does not fit the game.

Popular complaints against the model include:

-Overcomplexity

-Absurd grind in ship costs that rises exponentially from a smooth curve to a straight mountain at Tiers 2-3.

-Being forced to play specific ship classes in order to unlock more powerful ships that belong to a completely different class.

-Maintenance costs punishing new players unnecessarily for losing

-Research XP tied to one ship without spending real money to carry over progression already "earned" by playing (most common wargaming model compliant).

There are many different models out there for a game like this. I do not think DN will be successful with the one chosen. Players have advocated the "MOBA" model.

I do think that if players really hate the new progression system, just stop playing. Turn it off and walk away until they fix it. Vote with your participation.

If you like it, by all means play and grind. But if not, just stop. Decisions are made off hard metrics. If no one wants to play it, then it will die.

Nov. 2, 2016, 4:47 a.m.

The sad part is that it WILL die. At its core and what I played the patch before, the game had potential to be really good on its own. On par with the so called "e sports" even.

Nov. 2, 2016, 2:08 p.m.

Cizjut#6996 posted (#post-51797)

The sad part is that it WILL die. At its core and what I played the patch before, the game had potential to be really good on its own. On par with the so called "e sports" even.

All it needed before 2.0 patch was a way to influence more playstyles. I'm fine with a progression system but the way it's currently implemented is committing suicide. Now all competitiveness is gone. All skilled players can be beat by a ship 1Tier higher than them just because his stat-stick ship has more "effective" weapons.

Professional players make a living. Semi-pro's get paid enough to try again.

Nov. 2, 2016, 2:43 p.m.

Pantong#7792 posted (#post-52205)

Cizjut#6996 posted (#post-51797)

All it needed before 2.0 patch was a way to influence more playstyles. I'm fine with a progression system but the way it's currently implemented is committing suicide. Now all competitiveness is gone. All skilled players can be beat by a ship 1Tier higher than them just because his stat-stick ship has more "effective" weapons.

As I said on another post, a Conquest Mode is the only thing that would make sense with the tier system for monetization and players alike.

I want to play a Dreadnought not a sinking ship. Pun intended.

Nov. 2, 2016, 3:55 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 2, 2016, 4:03 p.m.

I agree fully with UrQuan's opinion that the progression model does not fit to DN.

To the imho fully applicable complaints collected here I want to complement them with the fact that the Game is losing the unique selling point of having ships fully costumizeable with cosmetics AND modules while only the last ones were tied to experience progression.

I think it's a good Idea to give the modules a more flexible research tree than before but the fact that these are now linked to ship tier progression and not equipable to any ship of a certain class anymore kills choices, fun and make the new grind worse than the old leveling-to-50 grind (and I got used to grind my buttocks off - I'm a mastery rank 22 veteran in Warframe, no more to say).

But what really pees me off is that while my purchases got reset and the GP refunded the market prices got raised simultaneously - my already owned and then taken away Trident bundle which I purchased for 1,900 GP now costs 4,000 (!) what is just a straight devaluation of my GP-assets and feels like a shady business move (sorry Devs that I have to say that, but it feels like you pulled a fast one on me).

I will surely not buy any more GP besides the amount I received by buying the founder's packs because I cannot be sure about my GP to be further degraded. I lost confidence and kind of regret buying the packs by now . This practice of "monetization" will certainly not be sustainable in the future if you are interested in long term relationships with your customers and a lasting player base.

I really enjoyed the game before the patch and really hope that DN will become great again. Dear Devs, please take the feedback and work on this!

Suddenly the sun should shine through the clouds, an eagle should come out of the sky and take maintenance away beyond the horizon never to be seen again...

Nov. 2, 2016, 5:02 p.m.

Yeah, the trees IMO are fine, but the whole "i want to play as a dreadnought... but am forced to play 3 destoyers and 2 tactical cruisers to get to it" doesn't really feel good. I thought the system was surviavble until I saw that to purchase the T3 destroyer on my long and painful path the the Monarch I had to spend 50,000 CREDITS. SERIOUSLY WHY!? I haven't bought anything yet except for the ships I require to get to the Monarch, and I have around 10k. Waaaaay too expensive

Nov. 2, 2016, 5:04 p.m.

Oh also, i have no idea why unit maintenanceexists in this game. The only game I know that does this correctly is Heroes & Generals, it makes people not want to spray+pray constantly as they know they are paying for it. But why in DN? What does it add to the gameplay other than punishing worse players? If removing a chunk of money from a player is THAT important they could just lower the amount you earn ffs

Nov. 2, 2016, 8:48 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 2, 2016, 8:49 p.m.

Its not bad,its just something new,and people like to settle.I just hit Tier 3 and i like it very much,the unlocking is fun now,before it was boring.

"The First Of His Name"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.