FORUMS

Longer Orbit time.

Posted: //
March 8, 2018, 2:41 p.m.

I think we need to increase the orbit time. I sometimes miss the orbit screen all together, or have 3 seconds to choose a ship. Maybe increase the orbit time to 60 seconds or preferably until everyone "ready up" bypressingspace bar. That way people get a chance to make a plan for the match or ask for a class the team needs.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 8, 2018, 3:26 p.m.

Updated //
March 8, 2018, 3:28 p.m.

Do you run the game from an SSD?

I only find orbit times too short when MM decides to throw me into a match 3 seconds before it starts, but otherwise I have plenty of time to choose. Maybe it simply shouldn't create games before it has 8-8 players available, so there can't be any late joiners.

As for tactical discussion, I agree the time is too short, but I don't really think a couple more seconds would help much. I generally don't see people communicating - maybe the voicechat will change that?

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

March 8, 2018, 4:51 p.m.

No I don't have an SSD, I don't always miss the orbit screen, but it can happen, or as you said you can get dropped in with3 seconds left to chose a ship. A extended time will help people decide what ship they want to play, and if you have longer to actually talk you might see people start. Like I said, we can skip the wait if everyone hits spacebar.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

March 8, 2018, 6:23 p.m.

As this is a specific latejoin problem, i dont wish for a longer orbit-timer. But I do wish, that people who did not choose a ship in orbit (or are thrown in a game later) dont spawn immediatelly, but instead can choose a ship like they would respawn. Since spawnpoints are a little of a mess sometimes, this might cause some problems, too.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

March 8, 2018, 8:02 p.m.

A little unrelated, but I would like to have a "Set Primary Ship" so that when a latejoin happens and I didn't get to choose a ship, I will be defaulted to that ship. As of now, when it happens I get defaulted to the ship at the leftmost slot of my fleet, and it is a hassle to rearrange fleet with the game's current state.

March 9, 2018, 1:05 a.m.

BladeGrip#2964 posted (#post-213511) said:

A little unrelated, but I would like to have a "Set Primary Ship" so that when a latejoin happens and I didn't get to choose a ship, I will be defaulted to that ship. As of now, when it happens I get defaulted to the ship at the leftmost slot of my fleet, and it is a hassle to rearrange fleet with the game's current state.

This used to be a thing, but it was removed a long time ago for some unfathomable reason.

Back on the topic at hand, I'm indifferrent about the orbit time; that might just be due to my striped RAID being able to get the needed data out much faster though, so I can't say. I can say, however, that the idea about only starting the game when everyone is ready is a really bad one; you can almost guarantee that someone will troll everyone (either intentionally or not) by not readying up, and I can only imagine that will be even more likely if someone sees something they don't like.

March 9, 2018, 2:39 a.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-213532) said:

BladeGrip#2964 posted (#post-213511) said:

This used to be a thing, but it was removed a long time ago for some unfathomable reason.

Back on the topic at hand, I'm indifferrent about the orbit time; that might just be due to my striped RAID being able to get the needed data out much faster though, so I can't say. I can say, however, that the idea about only starting the game when everyone is ready is a really bad one; you can almost guarantee that someone will troll everyone (either intentionally or not) by not readying up, and I can only imagine that will be even more likely if someone sees something they don't like.

Flagship was taken out because it broke, and ended up being very buggy.

I know some people would troll. But with a longer orbit time it would give everyone the chance to pick the right ship. Having a longer time would not hurt anyone really. It would also make sure everyone spawns in the right place, and with the ship they want.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.