FORUMS

Armor Amplifier IV on Artillery Cruiser

Posted: //
March 8, 2018, 9:20 p.m.

I noticed that the Armor Amplifier IV on dreadnoughts is completely different than the one for artillery cruisers. I wanted to put Armor Amplifier IV on my Nox but I found out that it only lasts just 2 seconds. Is this really how it's supposed to work? 95% reduction for just 2 seconds? That's barely enough time to last just 2 shots from just about any weapon. The dreadnought version gives 90% reduction for 10 seconds. I know the cooldown for the artillery cruiser version is 10 seconds vs. 30 seconds for the dreadnought version, but in most cases, I don't think you're going to survive to be able to use it again, so the shorter cooldown is irrelevant. As it is, I think it's pretty much useless. Maybe reduce the damage reduction and increase the cooldown in exchange for making it last longer (or just make it the same as the dreadnought version)?

March 8, 2018, 9:45 p.m.

Well, to be fair, you arent supposed to be tanking in an artillery cruiser. Im surprised it gets the ability at all to be honest. It buys you just enough time to scoot out of trouble if possible, but if you`re caught out in an artillery cruiser, you should be dead, in my opinion.

The Dreadnought variant is going to be better considering it allows the Dreadnought do exactly what it is supposed to do; soak up hits for as long as possible.

March 8, 2018, 9:52 p.m.

It is rather short yes, but it works very well against the modules that one-short Arties, like ABW, Rams, Nukes, Storms or Missile Repeater, you can also block a volley from the Jupiter Arms Arty, which might have one salvoed you.

So it has its uses and yes that is how it is supposed to work. More of a "block" than sustained tanking.

Recruit Engineer

March 8, 2018, 11:25 p.m.

Think of it as a "parry" module instead of "blocking" module. It rewards properly timed uses, like how I once laughed at a vindicta plasma-ramming me for 0 damage. (It additively stacks with OB damage reduction, so Engineering 101 is enough to nullify all damage when active)

March 9, 2018, 12:57 a.m.

Updated //
March 9, 2018, 12:59 a.m.

Beaten by other posters. As stated in other posts, the artillery armour amp is intended more for parrying than sustained blocking. It's one of the few viable options that artillery cruisers have to defend against high-burst modules (in particular the ones that penetrate shields, like Plasma Ram and Assault Blink Warp).

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.