FORUMS

Fresh to Veteran Battles

Posted: //
March 10, 2018, 8:38 p.m.

Was playing Recruit battles, and having a blast. So much of a blast that my husband and I both purchased the 60 dollars founders packs. We were both doing great, winning some, losing some. It didn't matter which, every game was fun and enjoyable.

Now that we've moved into Veteran Battles with our Tier III ships.... frankly the game has lost about 80% of its enjoyment. We die to things that are way more powerful than us, to ships we have a hard time seeing, and the punishment for making any sort of mistake is massive. We must have played about 10-12 Veteran Battles so far and we've lost every one, literally every one. Plus, the rewards are absolutely pitiful so far, we're lucky if we break a thousand, which makes upgrading ships a complete pain.

Is this really what Veteran Battles are supposed to be like? What are we missing here?

March 10, 2018, 9:20 p.m.

It used to be worse when T2 ships could get matched up against T4 ships.

With that said, this is an issue the community has brought up; the power gap between fresh T3 ships and fully (or even partially) outfitted T4 ships is larger than any other tier transition(primarily thanks to the way Officer Briefings are distributed and handled).

Here's hoping Veteran becomes exclusively T3 in the next 'major' patch so that is becomes a truly "intermediate" bracket where newer players can start to learn and grow without fear of getting constantly stomped on by the more seasoned players who are working towards getting their Legendary ship lineups sorted out.

I hate to say it, but you may wish to set a goal of maxing out every Tier 2 ship for the time being if you do not want to play in the current environment of Veteran matches. You're not alone in the frustration; I've had this exact conversation with atleast a half-dozen of my friends who have simply gotten burned out by the state of the Veteran queue - even the really stubborn ones.

March 10, 2018, 9:58 p.m.

Lets clan up, your playing against some hardcore groups. Our best bet is to form a large community that always plays together. Then we may stand a chance when we get to tier IV.

I watch these play on YouTube. They're all friends and play this game a lot.

March 11, 2018, 5:41 a.m.

Updated //
March 11, 2018, 5:52 a.m.

A lot of the best players play in Veteran because the Legendary matches they were meant to be playing aren't played because they either don't want because they don't have a Tier 5 ship yet and do poorly (so in some ways for the same reason you dislike Veteran atm) or because they can't find any matches because those matches aren't played as much (which is partly a result of the other problem).

The best thing you could do if you want to have some fun but still play Veteran is avoid higher tier ships and aim towards lower tier ships instead (which might take some fun away from those players but the grind in those tiers isn't as hard so it won't last that long).

March 11, 2018, 7:34 a.m.

As others have said, there is a big power gap between T3 and T4, add in officer brefings and the scales tip quite a bit. I've personally been saying for awhile we need a T2-T3 division and veteran as it is now, so people who want a challenge while levelling can have that by putting there T3's against T4's. For grater rewards. But that is just my opinion.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 11, 2018, 4:34 p.m.

IMO it should be Recruit is Tier 1 & 2, Veteran is Tier 3, Legendary is Tier 4 & 5. There is a HUGE power gap between T3 & T4, mostly due to officer briefings and better module choice at T4. Where as, there is not a big of a gap between T4 & T5 as both tiers have access to the same OBs and (mostly) the same choice of modules.

March 11, 2018, 4:55 p.m.

It used to be worse when T2 ships could get matched up against T4 ships.

Still an issue on the "released" PS4 platform, and it's so much fun

March 11, 2018, 5:06 p.m.

VirtualRiot#3785 posted (#post-213840) said:

IMO it should be Recruit is Tier 1 & 2, Veteran is Tier 3, Legendary is Tier 4 & 5. There is a HUGE power gap between T3 & T4, mostly due to officer briefings and better module choice at T4. Where as, there is not a big of a gap between T4 & T5 as both tiers have access to the same OBs and (mostly) the same choice of modules.

There's actually still a pretty big power gap between a fresh T4 and a maxed T5, just like with any two tiers; there is a substantial increase in module power for T5s. There is a reason that few people take a fully T4 fleet into Legendary. Best-case scenario, I think, would be to have 4 brackets (1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5) and offer incentive to play at a disadvantage (increased rewards for playing a ship in the lower end of the bracket). The problem with limiting T4s to only playing legendary is that the T4 grind will become even more ridiculous because the only way to grind them will be against maxed T5s in legendary, and there will just be the same problem that T3s face now (only the stepped up module costs and tech for next ship will be even more painful to grind out).

March 11, 2018, 6:43 p.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-213843) said:

VirtualRiot#3785 posted (#post-213840) said:

There's actually still a pretty big power gap between a fresh T4 and a maxed T5, just like with any two tiers; there is a substantial increase in module power for T5s. There is a reason that few people take a fully T4 fleet into Legendary. Best-case scenario, I think, would be to have 4 brackets (1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5) and offer incentive to play at a disadvantage (increased rewards for playing a ship in the lower end of the bracket). The problem with limiting T4s to only playing legendary is that the T4 grind will become even more ridiculous because the only way to grind them will be against maxed T5s in legendary, and there will just be the same problem that T3s face now (only the stepped up module costs and tech for next ship will be even more painful to grind out).

I think they should just bring them even more in line with each other as far as damage and health goes and just increase loadout slots for higher tiers so that the farther you go up in tiers the more slots you have available to use in battle.

March 11, 2018, 8:11 p.m.

new player here.. thread makes me think ill just be staying at t2 for a while, lol. Hope another balance change happens so i can keep enjoying this fun game.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.