FORUMS

Tech Tree/Ship Unlock Changes for PS4?

Posted: //
March 16, 2018, 10:37 a.m.

I saw that the tech tree/ship unlock changes were pushed to PC in the Sinley Bay tuneup - anyone know if these are also slated for PS4 anytime soon? If there's already a thread regarding this feel free to point me in the right direction!

Really hoping we can get these same updates, the grind is so daunting right now in the current format. I already have friends who've quit - this change could bring them back and likely prevent more people from quitting, which may also improve matchmaking (anyone else only able to reliably play onslaiught?!)

March 16, 2018, 10:48 a.m.

Hey there,

In the last Community Update we mentioned that the next PS4 update will be the sum up of 3 PC patches. So it's going to be huge, tech tree changes should definitely be part of it. (No information as to when it'll be released for now)

But yes, for a short answer, what you see on PC will come to PS4 eventually.

French Community Manager

"Do or do not, there is no try."

March 16, 2018, 11:10 a.m.

Oh I see that now, sounds great! Thanks for the quick reply, very much appreciated!!

March 17, 2018, 3:21 p.m.

So instead of bringing parity to the two platforms, you burned cycles in creating these custom matches instead? And you have NO idea when you'll release this patch?

Fire your PM.

March 19, 2018, 10:02 a.m.

As it has been said in the last multiple Community Update, parity is coming as that's what we're aiming for and are close to it. I also like to always remind people that the team working on the parity "aspect" of the game for both platform is completely different than the one creating new features or game mode such as the Custom Matches.

Finally, I said that we have no information about the release date as "No information to communicate". Off course we have a rough schedule, but nothing certain enough that we'd feel comfortable announcing. Once we are, I can assure you, you'll see it posted in numerous places.

French Community Manager

"Do or do not, there is no try."

April 5, 2018, 4:31 a.m.

adding another game mode in a game where wait times are already awful was the worst decision.

I love this game, but it's getting hard to want to keep playing when the wait times are so bad and I've unlocked a few ships and it will be months before I can unlock anymore, especially when finding a game takes so long.

Dead wipe dirt across your skin. Don't hex me with that scare.

April 9, 2018, 9:45 a.m.

I agree.

adding custom matches was a bad choice for a game that cant keep up the number of players, so whenever someone wants to jump into dreadnought he will end up in dead lobbys.

all the casual gamers that just want to jump in a game are having a bad time trying to find a game mode that is populated at a given time, so obviously that doesnt help the player base to grow.

regarding the update end of april is the eta according to the last stream.

you might see a slightly higher population once that patch hits, the ps4 version is sadly very neglected when it comes to patches and content.

since pc version is still in beta, ps4 has to wait for the changes that the devs are making.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.