FORUMS

Something is off when playing squads

Posted: //
March 17, 2018, 4:51 a.m.

Something is off when playing squads. I personaly hate it, you get nullified with games like 100 to 10... 100 to 50 on a good day.

Now Ive been paying attention and it does not look like it's related to better communitcation... they really seem to be invulnerable. I'm hitting people with full art and I do 0 damage... I see art shots missing me by a mile yet I explode instantly, like with full helth down to a pile of dust...

There is something off network wise because dying when an art misses you by a mile is weird... Also modules on my end that are active but not firering... Like they disrupted my modules but it did not show on my end... Is it possible, when you are squaded, the network is a little biased (you network game programmers know what I'm implying)

But also I'm starting to wonder if a combination of loadouts allows hyperboosting weapons or armor... The fact that it's mostly comming from squads, perhaps they found out, while investigating the game with better communication, they can say coordinate setting up a bunch of modules and pods in such a way that they basically nerf the game to their advantage...

Better coordination give an advantage, yes, but it does seem that even coordinated, they should suffer a lot more dammage. Games where they consistently win at 100 to 10 is making me wonder... Something is way off here. It's like someone figured out a way to nerf the rest of us to the point we are fish in a barrel, just easy targets. for instance, last game all of us were firering everything on one single ship, he was getting healed by one healer... I dont care how amped up. but you dont get to stay at 100% health the entire game when 4 arts and 3 destroyers are unloading everything they got on you.

Personally, I just leave games with squads now. it simply not fun to be target practice. I got enough exp on my ships to not give a darn.

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

March 17, 2018, 5:15 a.m.

A Potato can easily out heal dmg if he plays smart and has beam amp4 also nobody distracting him, thats when poatatos are dangerous. Not hitting could be connection and ping issues ex. lockons on missiles escpecialy debuffs are affected by it You can double boost anything with WeabonBooster Missile and Pulse Communication breaks games, its like i know a enemy tac behind the wall just used all his energy and im psychic

March 17, 2018, 7:15 a.m.

Updated //
March 17, 2018, 7:16 a.m.

Not hitting could be connection and ping issues ex

Yes, but the issue seems worst against squad is my observation. if I concentrate on a player that is not part of that squad I get a better chance of hitting him or avoiding his (art) shots, that is if the squadded members dont single shot me out of the sky first. I play destroyer mainly fyi

As for the rest, the amping, I get the feeling there is no cap on the damage boosting possibly, and where there is no cap, there is the possibility of invulnerability if the squads play their cards right and undouptedly they do. I mean it's hard to distinguish between skill, luck, effects of lag/ping and hyperbosted weapons.

March 17, 2018, 9:40 a.m.

I can't say I've noticed any form of "bias" towards squads, at least in the context of "convenient lag".

A lot of what you're talking about seems to mostly be a combination of mechanics and skill. Not being able to hit an enemy can often be because they are moving just enough to throw off your aim, and hitting a target that's taking no damage can be due to stacking armour effects to get a (temporary) damage resistance of 100%. Shots at the extreme edge of your range can also be considered out of range in some cases, and those give you a hit marker but no actual hit. As for dying very quickly, there are several artillery modules that can apply an extreme amount of alpha damage (in particular, bomb/mine catapult). Siege Mode gives the arty's primary gun a large AoE, and this can kill ships a modest distance away from the target.

last game all of us were firering everything on one single ship, he was getting healed by one healer... I dont care how amped up. but you dont get to stay at 100% health the entire game when 4 arts and 3 destroyers are unloading everything they got on you.

It depends. If a ship that is built to be a pure tank is taking all the hits and getting repaired by a ship that is built as a pure healer, most of the time you will not be taking it down until the healer is gone, no matter how much ammo you pump into it. In situations like that, you should more-or-less ignore the tank and go after the healer, or some other target that's not the tank.

March 17, 2018, 9:41 a.m.

Updated //
March 17, 2018, 9:44 a.m.

Thats some tin foil hat stuff. What you are talking about is lag.

There are many buff modules, not to mentions PtW and OB's like glass cannon that can really boost weapon damage. The only time I've ever one shoted someone is with a T4 art shooting a T3 are with PtW. I'm sure i could do the same to a T3 destroyer etc if I get a buff like WBP as well as my PtW. With that said, I'd still put money on you haviong a connection issue.

Ninjaed by Lymceh lol

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 17, 2018, 7:35 p.m.

Updated //
March 17, 2018, 7:43 p.m.

Please spare your foil hatter platitudes... given your signature, I'm very suprised by this attitude of yours and your foil hatter comment is way over the top.

It MAY be that the consensus is favouring squadded members if they all have a better ping rate and so can reach the wrong conclusion on your position, if you dont know what I'm talking about, it would shock me given your signature, again, read up on multiplayer synchronisation.

Yes, lag is an issue, I'm not disputing that fact. My ping to the server is around 30-40ms. it's not 10. so for example if all the squadded member have a 10 ping rate and there are 3 members in the squad. they each supply 3-4 times the amount of data for consensus... times 3 members... 9 to 12 times the amount of data... so my reality may be overuled by 12 to 1, much like you just dismmissed my enquiry calling me a foil hatter Hmm!... It all depends on the method the dev used for consensus. all I'm saying is things are strange when playing squads.

I have a 1.2 million credits accumulated on my t4 rig. I am usually on the top 3 ranking. I been playing this for a year now.

I am a also a game developer, this is not a newb rant. it's a genuine observation from a person with experience and enough knowledge in the methods to speculate and notice things most would ignore and dismiss without thougth. like you just did.

March 17, 2018, 8:10 p.m.

Well I've been playing the game for a year too, and I'm quite far away from the servers, so my ping is around the 150+ mark, and I have never had this happen to me.

Now if you are right, then you would surly come across this when playing against other people too with pings on the same level. It would not just be squads.

What I'm surprised at is as a game developer you'd think that the game can favor squads over solo players, and some how give them powers. Ships at max range have always had buggy hit detection, I've seen arts fiering at me and the ships fall a few feet short of me and the player the other end complaiing that they hit me and did nothing. There have been posts about this. There is also a bug where at some angles and ranges you can't see incomcing fire. This might add to your thinking of someone taking you out with one shot. when you've had a few peple shooting at you. I've been at half health before now where I couldn't figuer out where i was getting shot from because of no hull impacts and invisable shots.

Yes, you can multi box an art to do a lot more damage than it should, if you set it up right, and have other people Boost you. If you had the OB Glass cannon, PtW, WBP and WBM all on an art that drained your shields or an unsheild ship, add in rapid fire and you are going down quick. PtW and rapid fire on an art is generally enough to melt most ships that are not dreadnoughts. Add in a damage buff and it's goingt o happen quicker, with all ships that are not dreadnoughts.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

March 17, 2018, 11:15 p.m.

then you would surly come across this when playing against other people too with pings on the same level. It would not just be squads.

It does. you should try playing from Canada ( where I am ) when Germany comes online, it's a slaughter of the same magnitute...

In the same thinking, it is likely some of them squads are local friends living close to one another and therefore having the same or similar ping. and it is very likely they have a better ping than me because it's also very likely they ain't from canada ( our internet sucks )

It's all congecture and speculation, I'm not denying the level of unknown for me is high, and so I do not speak with certitude but with an inclanation that something is off and with my knowlege of networked system, it is possible the system is not balanced in its consensus... I can also speculate as most would that what is happening is legit from the ingame possibilities and yes there are many reson I could be dying right off one of which is very possible that I basically suck.

On the other hand there is also a possibily that I may be right on some level. Be it the problem is damage consensus or hyped up damage beyond reasonabilty. It's not somthing simple to determine especially with all the in game possibilities.

You've been playing for a year yet I dont recal seeing you at all, is your ingame handle the same?

March 17, 2018, 11:30 p.m.

Updated //
March 17, 2018, 11:32 p.m.

I will add, this was not as much an issue in the last patch. It seems like something happened in the last patch or server upgrade.

March 18, 2018, 3:09 a.m.

Updated //
March 18, 2018, 3:11 a.m.

My in game name is the same. I live in the UK. I mostly play during the day my time. So I mostly end up playing with/against people from New Zealand to the EU.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.