FORUMS

Reward experiment

Posted: //
March 17, 2018, 7:59 p.m.

Hello captains.

I do always complain about grind, ribbons, scoring and rewards, and mostly nobody get's why, because they always have elite, squad up or use voicechat. So how about an experiment lasting ~2 weeks. 1 week of grind without anything. No elite, no squadding up, no pubstomping, no coordination via voicechat, team speak, discord or anything. Only you and one ship you want to grind (T4 recommended), playing with and against randoms. If you encounter a friend in a match, that is ok. Write down every single reward after every match, total xp, xp for your grind ship, credits, free xp. Put it all together after the week, so that you can say: "I received x total xp and x total credits during this week" The second week you can do what you want, stick with the ship or repeat the process with a new one. Be aware that you would have to buy elite on your own risk, you won't get a single buck from me. Grind with elite, refreshing BB, squadding up etc. Write every reward down again and put it all together like before. At the end, you should have to big numbers for xp, credits and free xp to compare.

Reply if you tried it, share the numbers of the "bare grind" and the "team grind". Maybe everyone can understand my concerns then.

Because there are new players, or simply people who do not care for team play, either you or a team mate, and those people will be turned away from dreadnought because of the rewards. Some people sit down, queue for a match and play. And the most of these people would leave again.

Would be nice if some people would do this experiment and share their results here.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

March 17, 2018, 8:17 p.m.

I don't play with elite anyway, and I'm too lazy to keep a count. But as a ball park guess, I on avrage probabaly get between 80-100K XP a week. thats if we are counting free XP and not the XP i get on my T2 hero ships.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 17, 2018, 10:22 p.m.

Updated //
March 17, 2018, 10:28 p.m.

the whole count your reward expieriment-part is unneccessary. Straight to the topic:

Rewards for Recruit and Vet Battles are fine. Only Legendary could use adjustment to the credit multiplier ( T5 modules cost more Credits then XP so that would be fair i think).

I see the issue in the combination of long queue times and short battles, 1 hour of ingame time takes 1 and a half to 2 hours in real time because you spent a lot of time idle at the hangar in a queue. Even more punishing is the battle bonus cooldown, which actually keeps you from playing taking into consideration that you don't get your free BBs as soon as you start buying battle bonus.

My suggestion to shorten the idle times in the hangar would be to just remove the battle bonus cooldown at all [just to clarify i mean the battle bonus multipliers basically count every battle], whoever thought of cooldowns between matches : it is a terrible idea .

If on top of that the credit reward for legendary gets increased that might be a motivation for more players to queue for legendary resulting in shorter queue times.

At the end its all down to the devs and their economical plans, but i'd rather have players who enjoy the game and thats why they buy stuff than players who buy stuff to be able to enjoy the game.

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

March 18, 2018, 4:46 a.m.

No, the Rewards are not fine! Take a guy like me. No squadding up (because not allowed participating with the rest of the players through discord), no elite, no refreshing of BB. I am already struggling to achieve scores of 1k, 1k-2k of xp is all xp I get. Don't come with git gud.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

March 18, 2018, 5:30 a.m.

Updated //
March 18, 2018, 5:30 a.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-214745) said:

No, the Rewards are not fine! Take a guy like me. No squadding up (because not allowed participating with the rest of the players through discord), no elite, no refreshing of BB. I am already struggling to achieve scores of 1k, 1k-2k of xp is all xp I get. Don't come with git gud.

If you are getting 1-2K xp per match, then you are doing very little in the match. Queue onslaught and kill the AI ships, if your not getting a score of 1000+ in onslaught you've had a bad game.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 18, 2018, 5:47 a.m.

If you are getting 1-2K xp per match, then you are doing very little in the match. 

No I am not. I am shooting the enemies, I am killing them, I am healing others like hełł. Seems like ribbons are reserved for those who squad up, what I cannot do anymore.

^I want to believe^

March 18, 2018, 8:04 a.m.

Well then your rewards are this little because you don't do what you are supposed to do. I have started squadding with others at rank 50, never before and most times without voicechat. Neither i have elite nor am i buying battle bonuses (because you loose your "free BB").

Ribbons aren't reserved for squad players, thats one of the most stupid things i have ever heard.

Most of the time a am a solo player just like you, but i have a average score of 1.164 and get about 5-7k XP in Vet battles and 10-12k XP in Leg battles. That looks fine to me.

If you would have spend the same time you used to create absolutely useless forum posts and instead played the game and understood the tactics and roles you are supposed to play, then you propably wouldn't be this bad at this game.

"I am shooting the enemies, I am killing them, I am healing others like hełł. " Well this game is a little more then just shooting at enemies ... you need proper positioning and energy management aswell. Picking the right ship for the right situation. Awareness of your environment ... just to mention some points.

I have seen you in battles, you weren't doing well. Thats definetly not the games fault. Stop blaming the game for your issues. Sure the game has its issues, but you don't need elite, squads or always healers to cover your back. All it takes is time, situational awareness and a little bit of skill.

You can record one of your rounds, i will tell you what you did wrong and why.

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

March 18, 2018, 3:54 p.m.

Sorry. I get the gist of it, but I don't agree with your opinion on this one, Ent.

I think probably the bigger issue here with the playstyle you're suggesting an inspection upon is how solo play breeds a.. 'reward-over-gameplay psychology'. It's not exclusive to solo play, mind you, but without other players to readily bounce around social interaction and create an experience that's more about playing the game for fun and/or interesting tactics.. player motivation tends to default to a grind-mentality centered around acquisition(I need to farm X zoopydo points for the next Y thingamajigg).

Would you feel less bothered by the current rate of progression if there were more ingame incentives/side-opportunities to keep things interesting?

(As a side note, I would LOVE an 'auto-buy battle bonus' checkbox.)

March 19, 2018, 1:54 a.m.

Updated //
March 19, 2018, 1:57 a.m.

Would you feel less bothered by the current rate of progression if there were more ingame incentives/side-opportunities to keep things interesting? (As a side note, I would LOVE an 'auto-buy battle bonus' checkbox.)

Probably, but I don't have an idea how those incentives and side opportunities could look like. If they add a new gamemode, it would be familiar after some time, when you know the goals and tactics. The same goes for new classes. You are probably not talking about such, but at the end, it all becomes familiar and normal. Btw, nice that you are sharing the same opinion on the "auto-buy battle bonus", it would make things a bit easier from my opinion.

^I want to believe^

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.