FORUMS

Module upgrades that aren't

Posted: //
March 18, 2018, 10:02 a.m.

So, lets talk about modules.

Dreadnought "Armor Amplifier IV" vs "Armor Amplifier V": AA-IV is a good solid ability. 10 seconds of 90% damage reduction. Commonly coupled with "Slow and Steady" briefing for 100%. AA-V, on the other hand, is 99% for 5 seconds. Anyone blindly upgrading their T5 Dread modules might overlook this, and be sorely disappointed at the discovery. The situation only gets worse when they realize that they can't use AA-IV anymore since they've got AA-V. I'd like to see AA-V get re-evaluated. In it's present state, it will likely never be purchased with informed intent.

Artillery "Rapid Fire III" vs "Rapid Fire IV, V": Similar situation. RF-III is gud. RF>III is not gud in comparison. 60% rate of fire increase for 6 seconds VS 75% increase for 4 seconds, PLUS stops movement and drains energy. Again, no one will purchase this if they realize what they are getting into, and anyone who does will be disappointed they can't use RF-III anymore.

I'm sure there are more modules like this, but these are the two I know of.

March 18, 2018, 2:28 p.m.

Yeah I agree. Most of the higher modules are not as good as the lower ones.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 18, 2018, 3:32 p.m.

I fully agree. Players should be encouraged to upgrade their ships; not be penalized for it.

March 18, 2018, 4:49 p.m.

I agree, now I regret buying armor amp IV. Tbh I shoud've kept armor amp II, it lasts way longer and the damage reduction is still very useful.

I don't think there are other modules that get worse at higher tiers, maybe heavy cloak V: damage resistance decrease: 100% at tier IV > 80% but its cooldown increases by 10s. -20% damage taken is nice but +10s cooldown is huge and I don't think the upgrade is really worth it.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

March 19, 2018, 2:13 a.m.

Most upgrades are worthwhile, there's only a handful of "iffy" ones. I can understand the concept of many of them, but the execution is suboptimal in some cases. For a lot of the "worse" modules, though, there can be some use gained from them in the right hands. Rapid Fire Mode, for example, isn't quite as bad as you might think looking at the numbers: T3's 60% ROF+ means reload time of 40%, T4's 75% ROF+ means reload time of 25%, which means the T4 offers nearly half the reload time that T3 gives; i.e. you fire nearly twice as fast in comparison to T3, so the reduction in duration is justified. After that, the only concern is the energy drain and movement lock, which can be worked around. I will conceed, though, it can be a bit of a nasty shock for anyone who's not paying close attention to what they're getting.

As for dreadnought armour amp, that one is pretty meh. The highest tier that can really be justified is the T4 one; any reduction greater than 90% is usually surplus to demand (with Slow and Steady stacking to make it 100%), and 10s is about as short as you'd want. A 5s duration is far too short, especially given the cooldown on it; it could work if the cooldown was significantly reduced (making it similar in nature to the artillery cruiser's amp, which is effectively a reactive "parry"), but as it currently stands, the T5 dradnought amp is pretty much worthless.

March 19, 2018, 3:15 a.m.

You might be able to fire faster with the T4. But you lose PtW. Snapping off 2 more shots will not beat 4 with PtW.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 19, 2018, 6:02 p.m.

They should let people use lower tier modules. At the very least, that way players aren't penalized for being completionists.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.