FORUMS

Daily Contract Reward Is Too Underwhelming

Posted: //
March 19, 2018, 1:33 a.m.

In my opinion, the reward of 1200 cred each is not worth the effort because even without Elite that amount can be earned in one decent match, and you likely need to do more than 3 matches to complete all 3 (4 if Elite), especially if one contract is tied to playing a certain class while another is tied to playing a different class.

I would say to raise the cred reward to about 4-5k, but that's a short term solution since eventually someone will have too much cred on their name and just stop caring about this.

Therefore, I suggest to make a 'reward pool' where a daily contract reward is randomly picked whenever one is completed. The contents of the pool can be something like:

1. Random amount of cred (3k - 15k for example)

2. Random amount of Free exp (500 - 5000)

3. A pittance of GP (say 15-30)

4. Refresh Battle Bonus of all fleet (Better if this is a consumable so you can pick the right time to use it)

5. Elite for X amount of matches or X amount of time

6. Ultra rare chance to receive a cosmetic

7. Nearly nonexistent chance to receive a Hero Ship

I believe we all know that this is human nature to be drawn into variable rewards, and many games adopt this kind of behavior reward system to maintain player sustenance. The thing is, with the recent lootbox fiasco, I'm not sure how this should be done to avoid trouble. Opinions appreciated.

TL;DR Variable Daily Contract reward to make completing them worth it

March 19, 2018, 1:41 a.m.

Updated //
March 19, 2018, 1:42 a.m.

Daily contracts need some love ! Like the ideas for the loot pool

Depending on the worth of the reward missions should have different difficulties - for example if you get the Ultra Rare Chance for Cosmetic or Hero Ship the mission is way harder than a mission where you would get XP/ Credits

and deactivate Team Elimination Contracts !

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

March 19, 2018, 7:14 a.m.

Do TE contracts still exist in the pool? I've played for quite a while since the interface update and I have never seen TE contract even once since then.

March 19, 2018, 7:54 a.m.

[BladeGrip#2964] said:

Do TE contracts still exist in the pool? I've played for quite a while since the interface update and I have never seen TE contract even once since then.

Yeah, I've not seen one in a log time.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 19, 2018, 10:15 a.m.

BladeGrip#2964 posted (#post-214820) said:

They still exist on PS4, along with T2's in Vet matchups -_-

I've always looked at the amount being paid for the contracts as a supplementary amount, not a primary source of income but that said there is a definate disparity in difficulty/frustration in achieving them for "identical" rewards.

A few frustrations I notice:

1) Any of the "Kill ships with modules" contracts. Getting the killing blow with a module explicitly can be quite difficult naturally, so I find myself trying to time things or play sub-optimally (or sniping kills) to try and achieve these. This contract is particularly frustrating on a Tac Cruiser.

2) (PS4 only I presume) TE Contracts. Just useless, they can't be completed so they must be re-rolled.

3) I suspect this may be more of an issue on PS4 then PC, but the "Kill 12 Tac Cruisers" contract is difficult to complete just due to the fact of no real players running tacticals at all. The AI will, but those kills don't count. And stemming from that:

4) AI Kills in Onslaught/TDM don't count towards contracts. I understand why they don't count in Practice matches, but they really need to count towards contracts in "normal" PvP modes where bots get auto-included.

March 19, 2018, 2:09 p.m.

Updated //
March 19, 2018, 2:10 p.m.

BladeGrip#2964 posted (#post-214820) said:

They do and very recently I started a round of playing seeing I have three Team Elimination contracts to complete. I already posted the idea of removing TE contracts from regular ones while giving TE an extra contract section to please players annoyed at TE contracts and make the mode played more at the same time.

March 19, 2018, 4:39 p.m.

I'd like more diverse rewards too, scaling with level, as the current leveling system is pointless.

They could also add some sort of daily mission chains that would allow us to get additional bonuses for completing missions on a regular basis, say for 7 days in a row. It would create "customer loyalty".

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

March 21, 2018, 3 a.m.

Vasiliy#2624 posted (#post-214858) said:

I'd like more diverse rewards too, scaling with level, as the current leveling system is pointless.

They could also add some sort of daily mission chains that would allow us to get additional bonuses for completing missions on a regular basis, say for 7 days in a row. It would create "customer loyalty".

That's actually a pretty solid idea too.

March 21, 2018, 5:27 a.m.

Great idea. I'd prefer it if the contracts were harder and gave more interesting/random rewards. 1200 credits is nothing.

While we're at it, the progression rewards are pretty meek too, considering the effort you have to put into getting them. I think you get something like 5000 free xp for researching 5 T5 ships. Generous!

March 21, 2018, 5:17 p.m.

1200 credits is really useful for beginners gearing up their first T2s, but almost negligible when grinding T4s-T5s, hence the idea to make rewards scale based on level.

I agree about progression rewards, aside from the 500 GP reward for winning battles, they're negligible as well at higher ranks.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.