FORUMS

How to prevent bad team setup / bad MM?

Posted: //
March 25, 2018, 11:41 a.m.

Solokonto#4004 posted (#post-215540) said:

Jawayne

and how does that translate into a "majour" redesign if the only change is an added string of code with parameters to the MM algoritm adding preferences and a cap to number of ship classes?

Loadouts and ship parameters remain the same.

what changes is a string of code added ontop of whats already there.

theres nothing majour about it.

Possible lack of revenue as people can play what they want and do not need to convert XP/do not need elite for longer times, possible issues with matchmaking, increasing wait times, possible issues with balancing as both of your loadouts are not suitable for the situation (running dreads without tank mods, non-heal JA tacticals).

Recruit Engineer

March 25, 2018, 11:53 a.m.

Solokonto#4004 posted (#post-215540) said:

Jawayne

and how does that translate into a "majour" redesign if the only change is an added string of code with parameters to the MM algoritm adding preferences and a cap to number of ship classes?

Loadouts and ship parameters remain the same.

what changes is a string of code added ontop of whats already there.

theres nothing majour about it.

This game runs on builds. That any ship with the right build can beat any other ship. Locking classes will lead to people not being able to play the ships they want. This will increase waiting for a match. Locking classes could end up with a full balance pass of every ship, as teams would have set compositions. If this is not a major change I don't know what you would class as one.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 25, 2018, 12:03 p.m.

I really can't see limitations/caps to ship classes as a useful option as it kills a lot of diversity.

I think it would be rather important to put some love into the tutorial and first battles explaining the different roles of ships and game dynamics. Right now you get some basic controls and thats about it. Players should learn how the different ships work and their strengths and weaknesses, for example what their primary weapons are good at (for example vindicta is great for hitting moving targets) and what their heals pool and energy usage & modifiers make them suitable for. Would be nice to see ingame that power to weapons with an Aion amplifies your weapons by 100 % and with a Koschei only by 55% [not sure if these are the correct values] and same for power to shields and power to engines.

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

March 25, 2018, 2:26 p.m.

I do agree an optimal tutorial for each class could be helpful. Or maybe add some progression targets for playing proving grounds with X class.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

March 25, 2018, 3:46 p.m.

How would that help the original issue? Team balance starts getting a big deal in Veteran, and people playing in Vet already know how classes work...

Who really cares about balance in Recruit matches when it takes only a couple of days to get into veteran? I mean, sure we need some kind of balance there, to not scare away newbies too soon, but I think it isn't Recruit where most people give up. Sealclubbing and OP builds and regular squad play starts with Veteran, and that's where MM fails big time.

I think the issues with balance in Recruit have very different roots... I'm looking at you, Olga E. Custodio.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

March 25, 2018, 4:04 p.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-215549) said:

How would that help the original issue? Team balance starts getting a big deal in Veteran, and people playing in Vet already know how classes work...

Who really cares about balance in Recruit matches when it takes only a couple of days to get into veteran? I mean, sure we need some kind of balance there, to not scare away newbies too soon, but I think it isn't Recruit where most people give up. Sealclubbing and OP builds and regular squad play starts with Veteran, and that's where MM fails big time.

I think the issues with balance in Recruit have very different roots... I'm looking at you, Olga E. Custodio.

You need balance across the board. The MM used is the one used through out the game.

March 25, 2018, 9:20 p.m.

It's simple really. You choose which random team to be on. So instead of queing like we currently do, you have a screen where you choose the team you are on, and get to see the people on that team.

When people are making the choice to perhaps wait, they don't mind waiting in a que. So you choose the people you want to random team up with, and play. You get to meet the people you want to meet, play on a team you want to play on and your choices determine how long you will wait.

People who join a team would have to play the match with that team, they could not determine who joins the team after. Ship choosing would stay the same but before joining a team you could see what the other teamates chose for their ships.

The AI would then choose another team that has the same amount of accumulated EXP, meaning the total amount of EXP of all players would be matched against another team with the same amount of EXP.

The ability to choose your own fate would be put back into your own hands, your decisions would determine how fast you advance, how well you play in any given match.

You could even make the AI matching dynamic, where you get to see the team you would play against before you choose to play on a team, but your added exp might also change the team the AI chooses for you so once you join a team, the team you play against might change as well.

Point is, your fate would be one made up of your own choices, no bad choices made by a broken team creation system and unbalanced ship combinations. I think the most frustrating thing about this game is how hard you work, grinding away playing ships you don't want to play to gain access to ship tiers and officer breafings you need or want, and to repeatedly loose every time you are teamed up against a organized team that has 2-3 healears. Tired of the unbeatable OP organized teams of people. I am probably going to quit, at least for awhile or until the devs get their act together and balance things correctly. Not enjoying my free time nearly as much as I would like.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.