FORUMS

Ark of war: republic

Posted: //
March 24, 2018, 3:50 p.m.

I keep getting advertisements for this mobile game "Ark of War: Republic" which shows game play from dreadnought. Is that a mobile version of this game, or are they using dreadnought IP without permission?

March 24, 2018, 4:06 p.m.

or are they using dreadnought IP without permission?

Exactly this. They are stealing dreadnought marketing material without permission. There is also a Ripoff of dreadnought, browse steam, it is called "Fringe wars".

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

March 25, 2018, 3:45 a.m.

They have been doing it for awhile now.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 25, 2018, 9:25 p.m.

Dreadnought borrowed a lot of material from EVE Online, ship designs, module functions, game mechanics, etc. So I imagine greybox doesn't want to get into an Intellectual Property Rights battle with CCP over their theft of EVE Online material, so they don't go after others, or those people are really stealing content from EVE Online also.

Either way, the idea of a massive player space game is becoming pretty generic, meaning the terms used, the ships, the mods, will at some time become more universal in name and function than not. We might already be at that point and just don't acknowledge it.

But Dreadnought is certainly not a victim in this regard, they are more the very people taking content from others. As a matter of fact, I suspect some of the people who are working on this game have, or still do play EVE Online, they must.

March 25, 2018, 10:09 p.m.

There's a difference between taking inspiration and outright using assets/media from another game and claiming it as your own.

The topic of discussion is guilty of the latter.

March 26, 2018, 4:17 a.m.

[Nexeroff#4718] said:

Dreadnought borrowed a lot of material from EVE Online, ship designs, module functions, game mechanics, etc. So I imagine greybox doesn't want to get into an Intellectual Property Rights battle with CCP over their theft of EVE Online material, so they don't go after others, or those people are really stealing content from EVE Online also.

Either way, the idea of a massive player space game is becoming pretty generic, meaning the terms used, the ships, the mods, will at some time become more universal in name and function than not. We might already be at that point and just don't acknowledge it.

But Dreadnought is certainly not a victim in this regard, they are more the very people taking content from others. As a matter of fact, I suspect some of the people who are working on this game have, or still do play EVE Online, they must.

Please show me where they have taken assests from EVE, where they are using images or footage of EVE and passing it off as Dreadnought. Please show me. If you can't please learn what insteration is, and what IP theft is.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

March 26, 2018, 5:12 a.m.

@Nexeroff

Someone on this site posted Chinese Dreadnought clone here before, so while Dreadnought might have been inspired by other games that were probably inspired by previous games as well, it is getting copied (the game I mentioned has very similar looking ships and menus) and assets from the game are getting used for other games (no-go and not exactly legal from what I know unlike the other thing)

March 26, 2018, 7:23 a.m.

Please show me where they have taken assests from EVE, where they are using images or footage of EVE and passing it off as Dreadnought. Please show me. If you can't please learn what insteration is, and what IP theft is.

So now you are going to assume that I do not understand insteration and IP theft? I was a WAN Admin for over 10 years. You think they took inspiration from pictures that the devs saw of EVE Online and didn't steal actual content. That might very well be true, but even still the ideas were not their own, they belong to whoever originally created the work. If they are not paying CCP for their EVE Online inspiration, that is intellectual property theft, it's honestly very easy and simple to understand. Not sure why you seem to have a problem understanding this.

If you have played EVE Online for any length of time, you know a few things. Such as the fact they were the very first space MMORPG to use ships that can be modified. Concepts that have never been used or created before, original intellectual content, not borrowed, not stolen, not inspired by. The content was created and is owned by CCP. Not the case at all with Dreadnought. As a matter of fact, I have noticed stock game graphics throughout, which can legally be sold to anyone else interested and which I suspect is most likely the case for the simularities between media. Literally, all the advertising media are of things I have seen before somewhere else, down to the expressions used.

I don't need to show you anything, I am not trying to convince anyone of anything, only expressing my own experience and knowledge, and what I have personally seen with my own eyes. You can choose to either research these things on your own, or not but I am not going to spoon feed you information, specially while you are only looking to discredit what I have said so off handed.

March 26, 2018, 8:12 a.m.

Ships that can be modifide is not a new thing, and was done way before EVE, load outs are as old as the Amstrad, by your logic, EVE took insperation from Wing Commander. Wing Commander took insperation from something else, probably star wars, or even Battle Star galactica.

The truth is, there is no original thought these days, everything is inspired by something else.

Insperation is not IP theft.

What is the definition of intellectual property theft?

Intellectual property (IP) theft is defined as theft of material that is copyrighted, the theft of trade secrets, and trademark violations. A copyright is the legal right of an author, publisher, composer, or other person who creates a work to exclusively print, publish, distribute, or perform the work in public.

Please tell me again how Dreadnought has committed IP theft.

March 26, 2018, 9:48 p.m.

Quick Nitpick regarding EVE as the first space MMO:

Earth and Beyond (Westwood Studios) came out in September of 2002. EVE Online came out in May 2003(EVE actually did a care package of sorts for refugee players of EnB when Electronic Arts went out of its way to terminate the game - that's the playerbase that formed the Corp ASCN back in the day).

Also, while the technicality of it might be up to debate, I recall playing a BBS/DOORS/MUD(Multi-User Domain; the precursor to the modern MMO genre) game back in the 90's called "Planets: The Exploration of Space" which allowed you to customize/upgrade your starships in various ways.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.