FORUMS

Wow...just wow.

Posted: //
March 24, 2018, 7:52 p.m.

Updated //
March 24, 2018, 7:54 p.m.

I had one of my greatest Dreadnought experiences, just before I created this thread.

I decided to invest my 126k of vindicta xp into storm missiles, and went straight into battle with 'em. Please do not do anything to storms, they are just right devs. However, one match later I were in a nice LYB squad, farming ribbons (atleast my last match), and scoring big, 1.9k and second of the leaderboard, finished the match with man of the day ribbon and 9 kills. Storms are awesome, please devs, don't give my gal some beatings. I am not sure, but owning storms is just like having sex for the first time I guess. Jesus, it was awesome, and so much fun with my LYB buddys.

Thank you guys and gals for this awesome night! It was truly one of my greatest dreadnought experiences so far.

I will go to bed now, my endorphines have to cool down.

Love ya, see ya

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

March 24, 2018, 9:05 p.m.

Storm Missiles are complete s[hit now compared to how they were before.

March 24, 2018, 10:27 p.m.

That 1k less range did hurt alot

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

March 24, 2018, 10:28 p.m.

They are still an incredibly lethal weapon in their current state; easily on par/interchangeable with rams for securing kills. (They may not be as visceral, but they do put in the work.)

March 25, 2018, 4:08 a.m.

Updated //
March 25, 2018, 4:10 a.m.

I think they're only useful on the Vindicta line now, 1.2km range is just too low for any other Destroyer, they're not fast enough to use it effectively.

...which brings me to a suggestion of mine that I was thinking about writing a topic about, where every ship sub-class (like heavy DN, medium DN, etc.) would have a bonus attribute, to put an emphasis on their differences. So it wasn't just HP / Manueverability / Cosmetics difference in sub-classes anymore, but an extra attribute affecting ship behavior.

For example (totally random stuff, just to show what I'm thinking about):

• Light dreadnoughts would have a 20% shorter cooldown on broadsides
  • Heavy destroyers would have a 20% longer range on torpedo weapons
  • etc.

Just some little extra, that would make you positively reconsider the viability of certain builds on certain sub-classes. Could even come in the form of unlockabe passives on ships, maybe we could call it "Specializations", have 3 unlockable on every sub-class, and should be restricted to one of them being active?...

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

March 25, 2018, 5:55 a.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-215525) said:

I think they're only useful on the Vindicta line now, 1.2km range is just too low for any other Destroyer, they're not fast enough to use it effectively.

...which brings me to a suggestion of mine that I was thinking about writing a topic about, where every ship sub-class (like heavy DN, medium DN, etc.) would have a bonus attribute, to put an emphasis on their differences. So it wasn't just HP / Manueverability / Cosmetics difference in sub-classes anymore, but an extra attribute affecting ship behavior.

• etc.

Just some little extra, that would make you positively reconsider the viability of certain builds on certain sub-classes. Could even come in the form of unlockabe passives on ships, maybe we could call it "Specializations", have 3 unlockable on every sub-class, and should be restricted to one of them being active?...

This sounds pretty interesting dude. This would be way better then my idea, which was simply about increasing storm range on medium and heavy destroyers, leaving storms on light destroyers untouched.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

March 26, 2018, 3:54 p.m.

Updated //
March 26, 2018, 3:58 p.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-215525) said:

• etc.

I like your idea, but I think these bonuses should be more general than what you listed, or else it would confine certain ships to certain playstyles and reduce diversity.

So maybe bonuses like +10% armor, +20% damage at optimal range, -10% module cooldown...could work.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

March 26, 2018, 4:17 p.m.

@Tyrel.

Nope. My JA destroyer uses them just fine. In fact, I do better with them in Vigo than a Vindicator.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 27, 2018, 8:31 a.m.

The class/line bonus is exactly what's done in Eve. Makes a helluva lotta sense to me.

March 27, 2018, 8:49 a.m.

Aw, seriously? Storms still have a range of 3km on PS4. Guess my favourite module's heading for a nerf...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.