FORUMS

If the other team is using the TAC ship exploit that has yet to be fixed.

Posted: //
March 29, 2018, 5:34 p.m.

Hey Nexeroff and crew, Mike D addresses this topic in his announcement here: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/135533/! Our team is working on multiple solutions to resolve this. Thanks for your passion and feedback!

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

March 29, 2018, 6:13 p.m.

How do you log out of a match after it starts?

March 29, 2018, 6:19 p.m.

Press escape then click return to hanger.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 2, 2018, 10:25 p.m.

I just played a couple games with Nexeroff, all he does is rush into a group of enemies focusing the healer. To no one's surprise, he gets wiped. If you take time to think for even a second, maybe use a Tartarus missile wink wink, you'd do much better. It's not hard to break up a heal ball, you just have to think. Which seems like not a lot of people like to do, and then when they rush in and die they complain. I run healer most of the time and whenever I die its because of someone who took the time to think or use Tartarus missiles which breaks everything up. So speaking from experience, its not hard to break up a "heal ball" you just have to use the thing between your ears.

April 2, 2018, 10:27 p.m.

But then I'm not sure why I'm replying to a pointless post.

You either abuse this tactic and is the reason why you defend it, or you really, honestly have absolutely no clue what you are talking about when attacking a grouping like I described in my posts.

The Devs realize and understand this is a problem, and will address it according to a reply to my question about it. I cannot in my wildest imagination understand how you can defend something that everyone who has played for any length of time understands is taking place. That is unless you are always with a team that uses this tactic and have never tried to break this type of tactic.

When a game is broken due to being unbalanaced, people leave, they stop playing, and of all the complaints about this particular game I have read, this is the number one complaint.

It would be far more constructive, specially for the DEVs, if you were honest about what is going on instead of pretending like you can actually break the grouping I described. I have no idea why you wish to defend it, I can only guess. Perhaps much of your success is actually because of this particular exploit. And yet, I call it an exploit because it was never intended to be op, and teams are taking advantage of being able to abuse a unbalanced system.

Literally, when I see people post like you have in defense of an exploit, a tactic that is far too OP, I shake my head.

You only seem to think that people play in teams as well. That's not the case, specially just starting out. And how can you gain any xp if you don't kill any ships? The winning team in this example sometimes totally closes out the other random team.

Organized teams should not be fighting random teams. That's just setting up random and new players to be xp fodder for those whom already have well trained ships. It does absolutely nothing for the person who is on the random team. This exploit is not fair, not balanced, it's broken. And what do you do when you have a broken system, you fix it.

Take EVE Online for example, the devs are pretty savvy to ships that are not balanced. They tend to fix these issues with regular updates so that they do not loose their player base. Certain ships used to be totally OP. As the game has evolved, these ships were nerfed and others boosted. I would like to see the DEVs pay more attention to balancing the ships rather than producing all the pretty flashy graphics, just to get people to spend more money. How are you going to be a success if you produce an inferior, broken product and continually ask people to shell out cash to play?

You're not.

April 2, 2018, 10:32 p.m.

Updated //
April 2, 2018, 10:38 p.m.

Or it is because you don't take time to look at a situation, think, or are too lazy. Heal ball are SO easy to counter if you use Nukes, Tartarus Missiles, or your brain.

April 3, 2018, 10:12 a.m.

Updated //
April 3, 2018, 10:14 a.m.

[Nexeroff#4718]said:

But then I'm not sure why I'm replying to a pointless post.

You either abuse this tactic and is the reason why you defend it, or you really, honestly have absolutely no clue what you are talking about when attacking a grouping like I described in my posts.

I don't use this tac, I'm not deffendning, I do have an idea, I've been playing for almost a year now.

The Devs realize and understand this is a problem, and will address it according to a reply to my question about it. I cannot in my wildest imagination understand how you can defend something that everyone who has played for any length of time understands is taking place. That is unless you are always with a team that uses this tactic and have never tried to break this type of tactic.

It can be broke, thats the point, the problem is there are no strong counters to it.

When a game is broken due to being unbalanaced, people leave, they stop playing, and of all the complaints about this particular game I have read, this is the number one complaint.

It's not a balance Issue, it's a match making issue really.

It would be far more constructive, specially for the DEVs, if you were honest about what is going on instead of pretending like you can actually break the grouping I described. I have no idea why you wish to defend it, I can only guess. Perhaps much of your success is actually because of this particular exploit. And yet, I call it an exploit because it was never intended to be op, and teams are taking advantage of being able to abuse a unbalanced system.

No my success has jack to do with this, I've been in a few games with you, and I can say, you are not the most skilled I've ever seen but by far not the worst. I'm not defending it, i'm pointing out how it can be broken, But then you can't really do it in a Heavy destroyer can you.

Literally, when I see people post like you have in defense of an exploit, a tactic that is far too OP, I shake my head.

The tactic is not OP, it's the officer brefings that make it to strong for unquordenated random players to brake.

You only seem to think that people play in teams as well. That's not the case, specially just starting out. And how can you gain any xp if you don't kill any ships? The winning team in this example sometimes totally closes out the other random team.

No I don't I didn't say that. stop making things up.

Organized teams should not be fighting random teams. That's just setting up random and new players to be xp fodder for those whom already have well trained ships. It does absolutely nothing for the person who is on the random team. This exploit is not fair, not balanced, it's broken. And what do you do when you have a broken system, you fix it.

I agree the MM needs a rework, but the game dose not have a big enough player base to have a team vs team Q. people plying in squads outside of peak times might never get a game.

Take EVE Online for example, the devs are pretty savvy to ships that are not balanced. They tend to fix these issues with regular updates so that they do not loose their player base. Certain ships used to be totally OP. As the game has evolved, these ships were nerfed and others boosted. I would like to see the DEVs pay more attention to balancing the ships rather than producing all the pretty flashy graphics, just to get people to spend more money. How are you going to be a success if you produce an inferior, broken product and continually ask people to shell out cash to play?

Please learn how games are made before posing something like this. games are made by teams, the "flashy stuff2 will be made by a team that has nothing to do with level design, balance, or anything else.

You're not.

What?

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 6, 2018, 8:57 p.m.

So I've been playing a good amount of games. With Nex. Lets just say he likes to go Tac Cruiser and then try to throw the game. I watched this guy sit in the middle of a formation and just pop shields. Literally did nothing.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.