FORUMS

A Word From Mike Donatelli On The State Of Healing

Posted: //
March 30, 2018, 12:46 a.m.

Idea I ran by Devouder 03/31/2017

March 30, 2018, 2:19 a.m.

I think healing should be acting like ship's health regeneration. 100% if ship isn't being taken damaged and 30% when ship being shoot at.

Where am I...?

March 30, 2018, 6:13 a.m.

I dont think heal itself is the big problem. It's how fast tacs can get energy back. Give drain and purge additional effects on adrenaline shot or simply nerf adrenaline shot. Teams with more than two tacs miss damageoutput. So when there is a way to kill those tacs without those all-in-louadouts (rams or assaultblinkwarp wich are the only modules that dont look for shields afaik) the problem will not be a problem anymore. Oh, of course you can break em via nukemissiles/salvo, but only when you have a tier-advantage or two nuke-modules come in at the same time.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

March 30, 2018, 9:42 a.m.

I believe Adrenaline Shot should be made to not work or severely mitigated when a ship (at the very least Tacticial Cruisers) are hit by a drain module (at the very least by Drain Torpedo)..

March 30, 2018, 11:17 a.m.

Updated //
March 30, 2018, 11:17 a.m.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FINALLY

Thank you for listening to your community.

I'll probably need to change my sig won't I ?

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

March 30, 2018, 11:23 a.m.

If power of healers gets decreased either by making them weaker or by making others stronger vs them I hope it's considered to give healers more points (since they don't get that many anyway on average) and that Havoc mode might get near impossible for non-hardcore players.

March 30, 2018, 12:50 p.m.

I'm sorry Illusion, your thinking is missing information.

1) The counterplay to heal ball requires team coordination, while the heal ball itself does not.

2) Purge Nuke does not stop energy gain from adrenaline shot.

3) Purge Beam gives no points, so taking it is an actual detriment to your score.

4) This leaves rams. (a) One module on one ship, using extremely risky tactics, being the only viable counter to pull off against such a pervasive and easy to execute tactic like heal ball, as a solo player is not balance. (b) Even then, literally anyone taking any stasis module will counter your ram.

March 30, 2018, 2:52 p.m.

Hm, let's see how it turns out. But I as a pessimistic person will stop playing tactical cruisers at all, once this changes are out in the wild. (I mean, all I have is a koshy and the tier 3 light tac cruiser)

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

March 30, 2018, 3:21 p.m.

Updated //
March 30, 2018, 3:34 p.m.

VERY glad to hear this. While heal blobs do have some counter tactics avaialbe, in general, a bunch of randoms vs. a bunch of randoms, healing is way too strong. Additionally, fighting against someone being healed just isn't fun. I realize you need to shoot the healer first, but when that healer is behind cover, protected by armour pulse, being healed by another healer, etc., that isn't always an option. The ways to take out these heal blobs require far more communication and coordination than it does to MAKE the heal blobs, which makes them a very dominating strategy in randoms. My boyfriend quit playing entirely because of his annoyance with healing, and I've all but followed suit. I have one of my destroyers set up to be decent at countering the heal blobs, but since heal blobs form naturally often and are absolutely DEVASTATING if not countered (far more than most tactics), I feel like I'm practically forced to play that ship more often than not.

I don't mind ships getting rapidly patched up when they're behind cover. What I do mind is ships being made practically invincible when they're actively being shot at. Hopefully the addition of heal-blocking effects (which I think would be a great thing to add to disrupted) will reduce this in-combat invincibility, without harming the out-of-combat patching up. Happy to hear this is being looked into.

Base_, Volly_, tennis ____. Is that particular B word really worth censoring? o_O

Edit: To all those folks saying, "Healing is fine. You just don't know how to counter it. L2P", consider the following: heal blobs are consistently a problem in a large number of the veteran+ games I play. There are several other people on my team besides myself, so it not being countered is not exclusivly my responsibility. When the heal blob is on my side, the entire enemy team is failing to counter it. If this is the case, then maybe, JUST MAYBE, healing needs to be looked at. The counters are clearly either too hard to pull off relativel to how easy it is to form a heal blob, too hard to unlock limiting that task to just higher-end players, insufficienctly fun, leading people to not want to do it, or simply insufficiently intutive / effective. Regardless of how things SHOULD play out in regards to healing, the way the ARE playing out is not good. It needs to be looked at.

March 30, 2018, 5:39 p.m.

I dont like these news. not a tiny bit. i play tac cruiser 80% of my time in this game, and i now have my t4 tac and the only OB i have is a passive one for increased hp that is useless for a tac really.

there are plenty of counters for a tac. corvettes and ram teams work wonders, so does a few hits from a artillry cruiser and/or nukes.

i do not like playing most of the other kinds of classes. have no skill for corvetter or "snipers" i dont like the slow movement and constant shooting as corvette or dread allthough i am now working on some of those to get these OB's that everyone is talking about.

i do understand the concept of a heal ball and ive seen it from both sides, but that is only for the few tacs that fly close to the friendly ships, often you see tacs in the back healing from afar and those(me aswell) get get quite often and fast. its my experince that they do not happen so often that starting making changes just for that is worth the time. i see a few other issures that should be more urgent to fix.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.