FORUMS

A Word From Mike Donatelli On The State Of Healing

Posted: //
March 30, 2018, 9:11 p.m.

Is an in game voice chat anywhere in the plan for DN development? If it's pretty widely accepted that teamwork can break heal b@lls, maybe giving players more options to communicate and coordinate would work instead of changing the game balance. This would also give a squad of randoms more of a chance against a high ranking and coordinated premade squad.

March 30, 2018, 9:31 p.m.

WyvernsArentDragons#5219 posted (#post-216006) said:

Is an in game voice chat anywhere in the plan for DN development? If it's pretty widely accepted that teamwork can break heal b@lls, maybe giving players more options to communicate and coordinate would work instead of changing the game balance. This would also give a squad of randoms more of a chance against a high ranking and coordinated premade squad.

Highly agree on this one.

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

March 31, 2018, 7:18 a.m.

afaik voip will come sooner or later. My personal experience with that is, to say it nice, not that good. New or very young players will scream into their mic when people do not do what they tell them, even though they have no clue about the game. So there will be plenty players deactivate it as soon as it hits in any patch. Imo a better minimap and "pings/markings" (default is F or Q I think) might help out much better. But thats offtopic.

Nerf AS instead of healings, or make drain/purge have an effect on every source of energy but energy generator. Problem fixed.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

March 31, 2018, 7:33 a.m.

Updated //
March 31, 2018, 7:36 a.m.

Vasiliy#2624 posted (#post-215978) said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FINALLY

Thank you for listening to your community.

If they did, they wouldn't nerf healing, but apparently they only listen to whiners and newbies...

There's nothing wrong with healling itself, the issue is with certain effects stacking without limit, and with MM. Both have been discussed about quite a lot in the recent weeks. But apparently fixing the illness instead of its symptoms isn't something you can expect from these devs...

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

March 31, 2018, 7:51 a.m.

Updated //
March 31, 2018, 7:52 a.m.

@Kurt_Hustle ... thought about that too ... it got to have a very intuitive and fast way to mute a certain player otherwise you are right and most players will turn it off.

@Tyrel YUP ... i can't wait to see those players cry afterwards because they just get shreddered by squads because there is noone willing to heal them.

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

March 31, 2018, 2:04 p.m.

Updated //
March 31, 2018, 2:10 p.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-216415) said:

If they did, they wouldn't nerf healing, but apparently they only listen to whiners and newbies...

There's nothing wrong with healling itself, the issue is with certain effects stacking without limit, and with MM. Both have been discussed about quite a lot in the recent weeks. But apparently fixing the illness instead of its symptoms isn't something you can expect from these devs...

Even if you were right, the fact that many people complain about healers is still a good reason to nerf them.

I remember that CCP heavily nerfed logistic ships (=tac cruisers) in Eve because they were unfun to play against (source). Changing something unfun is the same as nerfing something overpowered, it's required to prevent the playerbase from leaving.

Adrenaline shot gives too much energy only because healing is a problem in itself. If the healing output was reasonable or had direct counters, adrenaline shot wouldn't give so much energy. It's also blindingly obvious when considering the absurdly high scores a tac cruiser (and no other class) can get at: I saw one of them reach 6000 points.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

March 31, 2018, 5:12 p.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-216415) said:

Vasiliy#2624 posted (#post-215978) said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FINALLY

Thank you for listening to your community.

It's not just the community. Read the blog post. They said feed back and there own experience says healing is not fitting in with there idea of how the game should be played.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 1, 2018, 9:55 a.m.

People were saying since early days, healign, as it is designed right now, is making Dreadnought very uninteresting game in many cases and it is leading - and will lead into many issues.

Of course, there were some people, always saying "healing is fine, healing has counters" and some other "things", but finally devs realize, something has to be done. (so I guess we were right all along).

I just hope they understand healing issue is design problem, not number fiddling problem. Healing should not be removed from the game, not at all, but devs have to rethink, how Drednought is supposed to be played and design healing accordingly.

April 1, 2018, 12:36 p.m.

Updated //
April 1, 2018, 12:50 p.m.

Kinda sad to see that DN listens to players who probably spend more time on forums than in the actual game. Don't think I've seen a single person who complains about healing being broken more than once, if at all in the actual game consistently. and considering the size of the game currently, that says a lot. Of course, that excludes the ps4 community, but still. From where I'm standing, time and again perfectly balanced stuff is being broken one way or the other in the name of making the game better.

April 1, 2018, 4:13 p.m.

LYB-FooJub#4039 posted (#post-216458) said:

Kinda sad to see that DN listens to players who probably spend more time on forums than in the actual game. Don't think I've seen a single person who complains about healing being broken more than once, if at all in the actual game consistently. and considering the size of the game currently, that says a lot. Of course, that excludes the ps4 community, but still.

People rarely communicate in battle, and global chat hasn't been around for very long, so that's not surprising. Forums are made to express opinions, unlike battle chat.

LYB-FooJub#4039 posted (#post-216458) said:

From where I'm standing, time and again perfectly balanced stuff is being broken one way or the other in the name of making the game better.

For players like you who seem to play in squad most of the time, enemy healers may indeed not be that much of a problem, thanks to coordination, vocal communication...

But I bet you and your squad rely most of the time on healers as well. Have you ever thought about how hard it is for 8 random players to kill your healers, shielding 24/7 and protected by armorbooster pulses ? Surely yes, and that's why you don't want healers to be nerfed, because you won't be able to win thanks to this dumb strategy anymore...

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.