FORUMS

A Word From Mike Donatelli On The State Of Healing

Posted: //
April 3, 2018, 4:27 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-216656) said:

LYB-FooJub#4039 posted (#post-216562) said:

One ship can definitely take out a heal ball on it's own. I've seen it done, I've done it. Of course the difficulty of doing so will vary depending on the team you face, but it is most definitely possible. Anti-nuke lasers also have a considerable cooldown. Disrupting, purging, or just waiting all result in the ability to nuke. And yeah, people in squads are more likely to say healballs aren't a problem because they're also more likely to be experienced, and/or older players.

I've done it too. But as you said. It is dependant on the team you face. Nukes also have a long cool down. So Nukes vs ANL is mute really. I do think OB's are the real problem over healing it's self.

Nukes vs ANL is not moot. Ships with nukes are destroyers and dreads. Destroyers are capable of launching up to 4 nukes on their own within a short period of time, and they aren't affected by ANL. Dreads, if frontlining efficiently in tandem with retaliator can be launching nuke(s) every 10-15 seconds. The ships with ANL are corvettes, artillery and destroyers. Ill be damned the day I see a corvette with ANL, so it comes down to med-heavy dessies and artillery. So again, no. Not moot.

April 3, 2018, 6:02 p.m.

Interesting to once again see the same people over and over telling us that heal B A L L S are SO easy to break and are NOT a problem. But when you find them in game what are they doing? That's right folks, heal ball. sigh Sorry to say that easy button is finally getting the fix it needs. The gameplay has been devolving from anything resembling dynamic to what looks more like a wack o mole branded turret defense game. IE: static and boring. Hopefully what ever changes the devs have in mind fix the issue while getting the game back to being a fun dynamic title.

April 3, 2018, 8:12 p.m.

change the heal is change dreadnought

April 3, 2018, 9:58 p.m.

It isn't really interesting. That's kinda how that works ya know. We know what we're doing, and so heal b.alls aren't a problem. I'm not sure why you're displaying people who know how to beat healballs using them as some kind of big secret. It's effective, it's meta. Of course it'll be used. Gameplay has been devolving from anything resembling dynamic? That's a choice made by you. Healballs are effective, they are easy. But they're also dangerous to use, because against even just one person, or especially a team of people that know what they're doing? It lacks damage. 2-3, sometimes even 4 tacs, when 1 tac with a coordinated team can achieve better results. That lack of damage output can be taken advantage of pretty easily.

April 4, 2018, 5:23 a.m.

Updated //
April 4, 2018, 5:26 a.m.

Now I want to say a few words.

I have encountered heal bałłs a few times so far, sometimes it was tough, but this is really nothing to rant about. With a good build you can crack down those potatos easily, if you're playing with a smart team, this shouldn't be an issue. If a player would be properly rewarded for using purge modules or energy things like the energy missile, those would be encouraged to use more supportive loadouts. I cannot believe that a disrupted and drained koshei would survive a storm strike, even when being in a heal bałł. Also, nerf Adrenaline shot only for tacs. Decrease the amount of gained energy a bit, make the shields consume a bit more energy. Please no salvo fire. That looks awful.

And how about some more proper long range artillery mods? There are the bomb catapult and artillery pod, but is there more? Some deadly long range missiles, stasis ammunition and a thermonuclear, target tracking power shot maybe?

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

April 4, 2018, 10:25 a.m.

[LYB-FooJub#4039]said:

[Brother Belial#4215] said:

[LYB-FooJub#4039] said:

One ship can definitely take out a heal ball on it's own. I've seen it done, I've done it. Of course the difficulty of doing so will vary depending on the team you face, but it is most definitely possible. Anti-nuke lasers also have a considerable cooldown. Disrupting, purging, or just waiting all result in the ability to nuke. And yeah, people in squads are more likely to say healballs aren't a problem because they're also more likely to be experienced, and/or older players.

I've done it too. But as you said. It is dependant on the team you face. Nukes also have a long cool down. So Nukes vs ANL is mute really. I do think OB's are the real problem over healing it's self.

Nukes vs ANL is not moot. Ships with nukes are destroyers and dreads. Destroyers are capable of launching up to 4 nukes on their own within a short period of time, and they aren't affected by ANL. Dreads, if frontlining efficiently in tandem with retaliator can be launching nuke(s) every 10-15 seconds. The ships with ANL are corvettes, artillery and destroyers. Ill be damned the day I see a corvette with ANL, so it comes down to med-heavy dessies and artillery. So again, no. Not moot.

I'm sure dreads have ANL too. so yeah If i was running a dead with them, I could be stoping them as fast as they are getting launched, also the destroyers have to get close, lets not predend thats an option when facing a compitant team.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 4, 2018, 11:48 a.m.

Dreads have no Anti-Nuke-Lasers, only class without them.

Recruit Engineer

April 4, 2018, 1:21 p.m.

I dont think any changes should be made because they were nerfed enough as it is. Its fun to go for tacs and kill them. Just because there are a good few that are hard to kill doesnt mean they are too strong it just means one team isnt playing their teamwork right and is a issue with teamplay. so the more you nerf any healing the less fun the game is at true teamwork and it will be more of a TDM then a work togeather game.

April 4, 2018, 2:27 p.m.

Updated //
April 4, 2018, 2:28 p.m.

I'll chime in just to say that I'm glad that this issue is being addressed. Heal ball play is generally too rewarding (both in terms of points and effectiveness), and it is boring. Hopefully this change will encourage the use of cover, of tank swapping, and other strategies to make the game more interesting.

April 4, 2018, 2:38 p.m.

Updated //
April 4, 2018, 2:39 p.m.

Heal ball play is generally too rewarding

You WHAT?!

TOO REWARDING? Would you tell your boss that you are earning too much money? I don't think so. Do you want a hardcore grind, that desires 5 hours of non stop gameplay, resulting in your death at the end because of overexertion?

Dreadnought simply cannot be too rewarding!

Could someone hand me a whip over?

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.