A Word From Mike Donatelli On The State Of Healing

Posted: //
April 4, 2018, 4:38 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 16, 2018, 2:24 a.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-216764) said:

Heal ball play is generally too rewarding

You WHAT?!

TOO REWARDING? Would you tell your boss that you are earning too much money? I don't think so. Do you want a hardcore grind, that desires 5 hours of non stop gameplay, resulting in your death at the end because of overexertion?

Dreadnought simply cannot be too rewarding!

Could someone hand me a whip over?

The healb@ll is too rewarding considering how easy it is to do it well.

April 4, 2018, 6:55 p.m.

and you want to hurt me

Nah, I only tried to express myself properly. I am playing dreadnought only because of the grind. But it feels like that more and more captains are playing only for the grinds sake. Or is it something else? Because nowadays there are at least two bots in both teams, I cannot remember this from closed beta days. Why so many bots?

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

April 4, 2018, 7:02 p.m.

He is right. Heal ball generates a crazy amount of points, that in turn means a lot of XP for the healers nd tank.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 4, 2018, 7:53 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-216776) said:

He is right. Heal ball generates a crazy amount of points, that in turn means a lot of XP for the healers nd tank.

And what is so wrong about this? I thought scoring big is good. I do understand that there are some huge balancing problems. My suggestion is to increase the energy consumption for shields, and decreasing thebenergy gain for tacs from adrenaline shot. Not sure if this is going to work.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

April 4, 2018, 8:16 p.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-216781) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-216776) said:

And what is so wrong about this? I thought scoring big is good. I do understand that there are some huge balancing problems. My suggestion is to increase the energy consumption for shields, and decreasing thebenergy gain for tacs from adrenaline shot. Not sure if this is going to work.

I would agree with a solution along these lines. I'm not one of those people who thinks healers should be removed from the game.

April 5, 2018, 3:11 a.m.

[Enterprise_NC1701#2026] said:

[Brother Belial#4215] said:

Scoring big is good, but there needs to be risk vs reward. A heal ball is not risky at all, and the rewards are too good.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 6, 2018, 2:57 p.m.

I don't know if this has been suggested yet. But I wanna put my two cents in.

I started out as a TC captain earning my way up to unlock my first Oberon dread. Some of the more exciting battles I've had was when I was a lone TC captain and I ended up helping the team turn a match around because I was able to heal the team at its most dire situations. But in turn, my team also came to my rescue. A lot of TC players know that feeling of desperately turning a match around. It's what makes Dreadnought so fantastic.

We can keep that feeling still, and yet satisfy the need of making the current healing strategy not the norm. If we eliminated stacked healing from multiple TC's onto a single ship, it would allow TC captains to still run teams of TC's if they choose to do so. But only a single healing weapon or module will affect the healed ship. And in this case, only the higher healing output from whatever TC has it, would affect the healed ship.

For example the heavy repair beam vs a medium repair beam. If two TC's are repairing the same ship, only the heavy repair beam would take effect since it is the dominant of the two repair beams.

Doing this doesn't nerf the TC as a single repair ship, but it removes the stacked heal strategy. We can still run multiple TC's on the same team, but it would be more beneficial now to run them separately so they're healing other ships.

April 6, 2018, 3:46 p.m.

Updated //
April 6, 2018, 3:47 p.m.

If nerfing TC creates lot of troubles among players, Devs should buff all other class ==> every non TC players will be satisfied and bad feelings about the Heal b@ll will disappears

Chaîne Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/krustylow

April 10, 2018, 12:20 p.m.

Earlier I posted a screenshot from a discord conversation between Devouder and myself: Blam

To clarify, I will use some subjective numbers: 1 Friendly needs healing, referred to as ZETA Tactical Cruiser A, "Alpha" Tacitcal Cruiser B, "Beta" Tactical Cruiser C, "Gamma" Tactical Cruiser D, "Delta"

-ALPHA initiates healing on ZETA: Debuff applied to ZETA; Decreases Healing Received from ALL HEALING SOURCES by 0% Total Healing Sources = 1 Total Healing Potency ALPHA = 100pts/sec

-BETA initiates healing on ZETA, aiding ALPHA: Applies Defuff Stack x 2 to ZETA; Decreases Healing Received from ALL HEALING SOURCES by 12.5% Total Healing Sources = 2 Total Healing Potecy ALPHA + BETA = 175pts/sec (instead of 200pts)

-GAMMA initiates healing on ZETA, aiding ALPHA and BETA: Applies Debuff Stack x 3 to ZETA; Decreases Healing Received from ALL HEALING SOURCES by 25% Total Healing Sources = 3 Total Healing Potency ALPHA + BETA + GAMMA = 225pts/sec (instead of 300pts)

-DELTA knows the drill: Applies Debuff Stack x 4 to ZETA; Decreases Healing Received from EACH HEALING SOURCE by 37.5% Total Healing Sources = 4 Total Healing Potency ALPHA + BETA + GAMMA + DELTA = 250pts/sec (instead of 400pts)

If you wanted to be a stinker, have individual sources of healing changed being players to being each module/beam. So a single Tactical Cruiser w/ Beam Weapon, Repair Pod & Repair Autobeams hitting a single target would give the target a 3x stack debuff, reducing healing received by 25% from all sources. It would help incentivize other modules on the TC than healing modules.

Not necessarily something that I think would be best, but I felt like clarification paints the proper picture.

April 10, 2018, 1:18 p.m.

Updated //
April 10, 2018, 1:19 p.m.

gif

One of the many ways currently available to oppose Triple Heal-Ball

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.