FORUMS

Nerf Armor amplifier (?)

Posted: //
March 30, 2018, 11:44 a.m.

Updated //
March 30, 2018, 11:44 a.m.

I don't have access to the game's statistics but I think it's safe to assume that 90%+ of all dreadnoughts loadouts (Jutlands excluded for obvious reasons) have Armor Amplifier as their 4th module.

While I don't think this module is overpowered, it's still without doubt the best option for a dreadnought and all other internal modules are pretty weak in comparison. That's why I think a nerf would encourage players to try differents modules (and playstyles).

It would also be a good occasion to make it better at higher tiers than at lower ones, as mentionned in this thread.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

March 30, 2018, 12:17 p.m.

Vasiliy#2624 posted (#post-215980) said:

I don't have access to the game's statistics but I think it's safe to assume that 90%+ of all dreadnoughts loadouts (Jutlands excluded for obvious reasons) have Armor Amplifier as their 4th module.

While I don't think this module is overpowered, it's still without doubt the best option for a dreadnought and all other internal modules are pretty weak in comparison. That's why I think a nerf would encourage players to try differents modules (and playstyles).

It would also be a good occasion to make it better at higher tiers than at lower ones, as mentionned in this thread.

Do you mind if I ask you what ship do you main? How long have you been playing Dreadnought?

March 30, 2018, 12:25 p.m.

No. You do know that a disruption module will stop it right?

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

March 30, 2018, 12:42 p.m.

Updated //
March 30, 2018, 12:44 p.m.

Well how about buffing the other modules instead?

I think a nerf would rather encourage players to quit, because this + the upcoming healer nerf would make a dreadnought very challenging to play

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

March 30, 2018, 12:45 p.m.

I'll reformulate because apparently I haven't made myself clear enough:

ARMOR AMP IS OK BUT THE OTHER INTERNAL MODULES ARE TOO WEAK IN COMPARISON.

That's also why there is a question mark in the title. Read the post before assuming I have 0 knowledge of the game.

March 30, 2018, 12:50 p.m.

Updated //
March 30, 2018, 12:51 p.m.

W4R-DN#4622 posted (#post-215984) said:

I think a nerf would rather encourage players to quit, because this + the upcoming healer nerf would make a dreadnought very challenging to play

Yes why not but the other modules would have to receive a huge buff, because armor amp is part of what makes dreads hard to kill. So that's why a (slight) nerf could make it less mandatory on dreadnoughts.

March 30, 2018, 10:41 p.m.

I don't know if the dominance of Armor Amp and Armorbooster will change that much unless something is done to natively harden dreadnoughts(like an armor rating/type system). Percentage based damage reduction is effectively a survival multiplier. Modules like Endurance Mode simply do not compare to something that straight up muliplies your capacity to soak damage in a game with such a relatively short time to kill.

Heavily neutering these modules to the point of other options being considerable might very well cripple the class to the role of being a glorified purge nuke platform in the current meta - especially with the healing changes on the horizon.

March 31, 2018, 9:57 a.m.

I use the Armor Breaker Ammo as my 4th module on my debuff-based loadout on my Voronezh. It works very well when paired with a Tartarus strike.

April 1, 2018, 8:43 a.m.

Dreadnoughts are just about the only thing that can survive corvette squadrons. Last night veteran was lousy with a trio of level IVs that were just blasting through pub teams. Only reason I got any kind of kills was due to using my dola and cherno to soak. Making dreads weaker is not what's needed. Their ability to recover maybe, but they need to be tough to bring down, as their defining feature.

April 1, 2018, 7:39 p.m.

Updated //
April 2, 2018, 12:03 p.m.

Vasiliy#2624 posted (#post-215987) said:

W4R-DN#4622 posted (#post-215984) said:

Yes why not but the other modules would have to receive a huge buff, because armor amp is part of what makes dreads hard to kill. So that's why a (slight) nerf could make it less mandatory on dreadnoughts.

You still haven't answered my questions. Anyhow, if you've mained a Dreadnought as long as I have, you'll cone to realise that nerfing armor amp will just cater to allowing ships such as corvettes and destroyers to be able to solo a Dreadnought. Which I must say, you'd make a lot of corvette and destroyer captains very very happy.

Anyone who's played Dreadnought long enough should know that there's a certain rule of engagement and I've seen way too many captains make the simplest mistakes. You never 1 vs 1 a full health Dreadnought unless you're a sniper who's got range advantage, or you're also a full health dreadnought attacking. Any other ship should not survive against a Dreadnought regardless of what setup you have. If any other ship manages to actually defeat a Dreadnought single handedly, that means that the target Dreadnought wasn't at full health, or the captain of the Dreadnought was completely inexperienced.

Using armor amp means you lack any maneuverability speed and you're stuck having to move through space like a turtle.

This is a team based game and each ship has a role to perform. The problem I see from a lot of new players is that they come into a match with a ship like a corvette or destroyer and then expect to rack up kills on everything in front of them. Again, they're clueless as to what their ships are supposed to do.

What you're asking for will require some serious rebalancing of many ships. You can't just nerf/ buff a singke ship without seeing how it affects the entire balance of all the other ships.

The amount of ships on the battlefield also affects balance. On pc there are double the amount of ships as there are on PS4. I play on PS4 and I can tell you that corvettes are far more effective on PS4 then they are on pc for the simple fact there are less guns on the battlefield for them to worry about.

They're already nerfing tactical cruisers. This is already a huge change to gameplay and we need to see how this all plays out.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.