FORUMS

Legendary dead

Posted: //
April 2, 2018, 4:42 a.m.

LYB-FooJub#4039 posted (#post-216478) said:

D I S C O R D

It is not a fix for everyone or the game really. As I said the pool of people with legendary ships is small, and the people who do have them play only at set times, you you don't play then you miss out. I've seen people trying to get leg games running off peak times, they never happen because there are not enough people willing/wanting to play leg off peak.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 2, 2018, 4:43 a.m.

LYB-FooJub#4039 posted (#post-216478) said:

D I S C O R D

Some people are not allowed there.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

April 2, 2018, 6:20 a.m.

Updated //
April 2, 2018, 6:21 a.m.

Roughly 5% of all Dreadnought players on PS4 have played over 100 games, and around 1% have a Tier V ship, which indicates that around a fifth of the regular players on the PS4 have a Tier V ship.

April 2, 2018, 8:07 a.m.

There's a subset of the community that is unfortunately making legendary more difficult to happen.

A few days ago, veteran was being trolled by a trio of tier IV corvettes....I think it was 2 stribogs and a medusa.

This group together was making it impossible to play anything other than a dreadnought or a destroyer, because none of the other classes could survive the combined assault of burst damage, module diruption, drain torpedos , scrambling, etc. It was mostly pub teams with the exception of these 3, so not enough organization to focus fire, communicate where they were, etc. All three games had an end score of something like 20/100

After the third time of seeing them taunt the end of game chat (They were one of those groups that said the exact same thing after each match), I asked them to knock it off, if they want anyone in legendary they have to stop seal clubbing.

Their response was that they only wanted good players in legendary.

It's this kind of experience that make people give up before they hit tier IV. If you keep getting wrecked at tier III, you either are slow to get to tier IV, or just don't at all. No tier IV's or V's? Then no legendary matches.

April 2, 2018, 8:50 a.m.

Adder007USA#5569 posted (#post-216518) said:

There's a subset of the community that is unfortunately making legendary more difficult to happen.

A few days ago, veteran was being trolled by a trio of tier IV corvettes....I think it was 2 stribogs and a medusa.

This group together was making it impossible to play anything other than a dreadnought or a destroyer, because none of the other classes could survive the combined assault of burst damage, module diruption, drain torpedos , scrambling, etc. It was mostly pub teams with the exception of these 3, so not enough organization to focus fire, communicate where they were, etc. All three games had an end score of something like 20/100

After the third time of seeing them taunt the end of game chat (They were one of those groups that said the exact same thing after each match), I asked them to knock it off, if they want anyone in legendary they have to stop seal clubbing.

Their response was that they only wanted good players in legendary.

It's this kind of experience that make people give up before they hit tier IV. If you keep getting wrecked at tier III, you either are slow to get to tier IV, or just don't at all. No tier IV's or V's? Then no legendary matches.

Sadly this is the mentality of the self imposed "elite" players. They seem to think rolling with friends in geared T4's on coms makes them good players. Ive seen some fo there "elite" players playing on there own, and well, they are not as good as when they fly with friends.

Also the power difference and access to OB's squif the balance some wheat. You will not be able to acheve balance as long as the divisons are mixed. I get why they are mixed, it's to encourage people to conver XP, but the truth is many peoples will not do that, and as the game is free to play, if the only thing you invest is time, it's easy to walk away.

I've seen attitueds like this in every game. The only thing we can hope is the dev's take steaps to balance the game more, and create a better match experioance for everyone.

A good way wold be to have the game run on a skill based MMR, and fix the MM bugs that squads seem to make happen.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

April 2, 2018, 8:59 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-216520) said:

I've seen attitueds like this in every game. The only thing we can hope is the dev's take steaps to balance the game more, and create a better match experioance for everyone.

Weren't you around before the shipyard update? The tiers were introduced specifically to unbalance the game and bully players into paying to progress. Never lose hope I suppose but given the history what you're hoping for is quite unlikely.

A good way wold be to have the game run on a skill based MMR, and fix the MM bugs that squads seem to make happen.

The game has barely enough players to fill matches as it stands, skill based MMR is a fantasy.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 2, 2018, 10:10 a.m.

Patrazor

I'm pretty sure thats not how percentages work.

Example: 5% of all people buy coffee every morning. 1% of people who buy coffee get a latte. That doesn't mean 1/5 of all people who buy coffee get a latte, it just means 1%.

April 2, 2018, 10:17 a.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-216526) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-216520) said:

Weren't you around before the shipyard update? The tiers were introduced specifically to unbalance the game and bully players into paying to progress. Never lose hope I suppose but given the history what you're hoping for is quite unlikely.

The game has barely enough players to fill matches as it stands, skill based MMR is a fantasy.

No I started playing last May.So I've only known Tiers.

April 2, 2018, 11:30 a.m.

VirtualRiot#3785 posted (#post-216531) said:

Patrazor

I'm pretty sure thats not how percentages work.

Example: 5% of all people buy coffee every morning. 1% of people who buy coffee get a latte. That doesn't mean 1/5 of all people who buy coffee get a latte, it just means 1%.

So you are telling me that there is a noteworthy amount of players that have a T5 ship but haven't played 100 or more matches?

April 2, 2018, 12:54 p.m.

no way you can have a tier 5 ship with less than 100 matches. Even if you just focused one hull type, I'm not seeing the exp or money required to buy a tier 5, never mind actually being able to kit it out with decent modules.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.