FORUMS

Phoenix Review

Posted: //
March 31, 2018, 11:15 p.m.

The art 10/10

The art is so good. I didn't realize that you could take the face off before I bought it. The art below the face might be even better than the bird look. It's like soundwave from transformers had a baby with the B-2 Bomber. Everything about the art is great.

The ship's modules 7/10

The hero ship is fine. It's playable. Gives a taste of assault blink warp.

Having the hero ship attached to the cosmetics 0/10

Please de-couple the ship and the art. I have so many hero ships and use none of them. Even if they were 100% free xp, I still might not value them enough for a fleet spot. I prefer to play my ships that have been customized. If you want $10, just let me put a xp/cr boost on my normal ship.

Value 6/10

It's too much money if you only want the cosmetics. With the month of elite, it's marginally okay. But I don't think I can justify it on a monthly basis, even though I love the cosmetics and would pay every month. Last month's bundle was much easier to justify and an easy purchase decision: 2900 gp for the ship and the pilot cosmetics. That I can see doing every month.

Going forward, many of us already have far more hero ships than we need, want, or can fit in a fleet. Paying a premium for a useless ship is getting difficult to justify. The conversion on free xp doesn't feel good either. It's not about paying money, (I'm a couple hundred dollars in here) it's about being forced to pay for stuff I don't like. Bundling a rock with my lamborghini and telling me the rock increased the price by 100%.

If the ship cosmetics sold for 2000 gp 10/10

If you'd sell a permanent, generous xp/cr bonus on standard ships for 2000 gp 10/10

April 1, 2018, 5:22 a.m.

CtrlAltWheee#2640 posted (#post-216445) said:

Please de-couple the ship and the art. I have so many hero ships and use none of them. Even if they were 100% free xp, I still might not value them enough for a fleet spot. I prefer to play my ships that have been customized. If you want $10, just let me put a xp/cr boost on my normal ship.

I agree, it would be cool to be able to buy forecastles/bridges/hulls/sterns for our ships in addition to coatings/decals/etc... Sinley bay is supposed to be a mercenary den, so it makes sense to be able to buy bits and pieces from other ships.

TL;DR: delete tac cruisers.

April 1, 2018, 3:05 p.m.

Vasiliy#2624 posted (#post-216447) said:

CtrlAltWheee#2640 posted (#post-216445) said:

I agree, it would be cool to be able to buy forecastles/bridges/hulls/sterns for our ships in addition to coatings/decals/etc... Sinley bay is supposed to be a mercenary den, so it makes sense to be able to buy bits and pieces from other ships.

That's an idea I could get behind, buying parts. The only thing I use my hero ships for is their parts on regular ships. The cost to convert to FreeXP is somewhere just short of highway robbery.

One of the things I like about Fractured Space is the relatively reasonable cost of things, and I've spent far more money over there, than here, in far less invested time.

Over there I'm sitting on over two years of their equivalent of Elite status and enough credits to buy every ship left and every crew mwmber left and level them out. I have more fun there too.

April 1, 2018, 7:50 p.m.

Updated //
April 1, 2018, 7:51 p.m.

A question to those who have both ships- How does the Pheonix compare to the Outis?

I only have the Outis and I have to say that on paper, I see no reason why someone would want to buy the Pheonix. I confess, it looks badass! A gorgeous ship indeed. But the Outis looks just as good, it could even be argued as to which looks better depending on your taste.

But modules, gameplay, functionality? On paper, it looks to me like the Outis trumps the Pheonix in all areas... By the time you pay the price asked of the Pheonix, you might as well shell out for the Outis and get a whole bunch of extras including 6 additional hero ships in the Mercenary pack instead.

April 1, 2018, 9:08 p.m.

Updated //
April 1, 2018, 9:09 p.m.

Will never buy a premium ship again until 2 things happen. 1) At least double the current XP as well as a big credit boost - right now the rewards dont even make them worth flying since they are so gimped, and 2) They behave like the preorder ships, where I can freely use their cosmetics, paints, patterns, etc however I want.

April 1, 2018, 9:14 p.m.

Valkin#7165 posted (#post-216487) said:

Will never buy a premium ship again until 2 things happen. 1) At least double the current XP as well as a big credit boost - right now the rewards dont even make them worth flying since they are so gimped, and 2) They behave like the preorder ships, where I can freely use their cosmetics, paints, patterns, etc however I want.

Number 2 already HAShappened. I haven't played since well before Xmas, and even I know that

The only things that are restricted now are the parts (Ie hull, stern etc

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.