FORUMS

Forum Bug: System Error 404 Page not found

Posted: //
April 2, 2018, 10:37 a.m.

There is a very annoying bug in the forum, if you want to submit a post to a topic it says

Page Not Found

System error 404

Adjust boosters and

reroute to previous course.

FLY HOME

I am not entirely sure what causes this, but i just encountered this while creating a post and when i removed the number 0 and replaced it with k to show i mean thousands, it submitted without issues.

Anyone else had that? Is this a known bug? Any plans on fixing this?

"Wenn ich nicht weiß, was ich mache, dann weiß es der Gegner auch nicht!"

PC | German

April 2, 2018, 11:05 a.m.

Yes, also happens when trying to quote certain user names.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 2, 2018, 12:22 p.m.

We are aware that quoting users will 404 and are working on a fix. We recommend removing the link to the quoted person the Quote button generates in the meantime so it doesn't error out.

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

April 2, 2018, 12:58 p.m.

I wasn't quoting anything, check yourself its the suggestion to rework credit gain in the forum concepts >> changes in earnings

Just tried it again this 404 was caused by the number 0, or to be more precise multiple 0s (just checked it out, 6 is maximum, at 7 zeroes it gives me a 404)

Also editing a post and changing it to more than 7 zeroes results in the post not getting displayed anymore, while the counter of my total post still counts them.

PC | German

April 2, 2018, 1:55 p.m.

Updated //
April 2, 2018, 1:56 p.m.

W4R-DN#4622 posted (#post-216555) said:

Also editing a post and changing it to more than 7 zeroes results in the post not getting displayed anymore, while the counter of my total post still counts them.

That bug is years old. Editing any post right after posting it usually hides it.

edit: Also confirming that 7 zeroes cannot be posted.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 2, 2018, 2:26 p.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-216557) said:

W4R-DN#4622 posted (#post-216555) said:

That bug is years old. Editing any post right after posting it usually hides it.

Thats not bug, thats the spam protection.

Recruit Engineer

April 2, 2018, 2:38 p.m.

if it is spam protection it needs a rework. because if i write a text with 10.000 characters and have 7 zeroes in it it still gets me a 404

also shouldn't it say something else than the current error message? whats the point of a spam protection that is only triggered by such basic events?

PC | German

April 2, 2018, 3:06 p.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-216559) said:

"It's not a bug, it's a feature" -- every lazy dev ever.

Obviously it's a bug. None of the spammers edit their threads. If there even was any spam protection you couldn't flood the forums with threads -- every half decent forum software out there gives you a timeout if you try that.

April 2, 2018, 3:16 p.m.

Updated //
April 2, 2018, 3:30 p.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-216561) said:

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-216559) said:

"It's not a bug, it's a feature" -- every lazy dev ever.

Obviously it's a bug. None of the spammers edit their threads. If there even was any spam protection you couldn't flood the forums with threads -- every half decent forum software out there gives you a timeout if you try that.

It is a feature. It is there to prevent the spammers from creating threads by hand, what they do, and then letting a bot edit it.

The timer is by the way 30s. If you wait those between edits they wont vanish. No clue if the old bug of too many edits still exists.

Recruit Engineer

April 2, 2018, 3:41 p.m.

Updated //
April 2, 2018, 3:43 p.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-216563) said:

It is a feature. It is there to prevent the spammers from creating threads by hand, what they do, and then letting a bot edit it.

The timer is by the way 30s. If you wait those between edits they wont vanish. No clue if the old bug of too many edits still exists.

That would be one dumb spammer. But even if they proceeded that way, nothing would prevent them from having their bot wait 30 seconds, too. Exhibit A, the regular spam waves.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.