FORUMS

Corvette-nought

Posted: //
April 5, 2018, 8:12 a.m.

How to kill a corvette in a dread? stasis pulse. I love it when a corvette thinks it can kill my dread only to get stasised and eaten like it was free food.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 5, 2018, 8:35 a.m.

Yeah you could use a that, but have you tryed just shooting it? Once you know were to shot for depending on your dread its easy enough with your normal weapons....But that also depends ok the corvettes pilot skills

April 6, 2018, 11:52 p.m.

LYB-FooJub#4039 posted (#post-216790) said:

tl;dr yall can't aim, and want vettes nerfed cuz you don't wanna improve your aim. Seems legit

Nobody wants Vettes nerfed you scrub

I just want the guns to actually connect when we shoot at them.

Actually the most common complaint I see around here is that some modules and/or counter play doesn't work quite right.

Since writing this awful awful "rant" I have played quite a few matches and I am sorry but on PS4 at least, the majority of top tier players ( xxVxx or whatever the decal rank is ) are highly proficient Vette ( Machias/Valcour and Vindictas ) and I mean shred the entire team rofl stomp.

I actually know all their names at this point because I have to prep for each one.

April 7, 2018, 12:18 a.m.

In your words, "Not calling for any major nerf". Implying a call for a minor nerf, nonetheless a nerf.

April 7, 2018, 9:50 p.m.

LYB-FooJub#4039 posted (#post-216908) said:

In your words, "Not calling for any major nerf". Implying a call for a minor nerf, nonetheless a nerf.

The conversation didn't end there... if you keep reading you might comprehend whats being said (sorry I'm assuming you're older than a 12yo, I apologize if that's not the case).

It would be nice to effectively counter vettes while still having a role to play in the overall game.

Yesterday I had 5 matches in a row where all real players on the other team were playing vettes, each time was a total slaughter, I think they need their own game mode haha. The least they could do is limit how many of each class is in a match (disregarding the bots).

I too now have the player names written down (not that I need to, there isn't that many players currently) that only use vettes and now I don't even bother with the games they join I just leave the match and look for a new one. I've noticed other players doing this too, so it is impacting on the game, at least on PS4.

Ultimately I guess, chronic vette players will just end up playing with themselves (we know they already do anyway).

April 8, 2018, 1:09 a.m.

There's nothing wrong with my comprehension, and I did read the whole post. I was showing a contrast between what the OP is saying. Initially it seems they wanted a "non-major" nerf on corvettes. Now it seems they want better tracking. The OP seems conflicted as to what they want.

You can effectively counter corvettes and maintain a role. Literally every single class in the game can do that already. If ALL real players on the enemy team were corvettes and you lost, you're doing something wrong. That should be laughably easy to counter, no heals, no tanks, no long range damage. Free win.

Perhaps instead of just leaving games with corvettes seeking easy wins you should try to actially learn from when you die to them. You don't get better at something by avoiding it. Not to mention you're ścrewing over the rest of your team.

April 9, 2018, 12:08 p.m.

Guys, we're playing legendary matches these days, show me your best in your corvettes. Weeks ago, the dreadnoughts were OP with their armorboost and multi nukes. After being nerfed, things changed and the dreadnought are now challenged to show a little more to take care of corvettes. Eventually your build will feel susceptible for attacks by a certain class. If you have loaded up modules to take snipers and healers out, it is normal to be vulnerable against corvettes. Good players will read your ways, modules and plans and will counter you. The real tactical ship in this game is the corvette. I use it to distract, disrupt and break the enemy line, so the others in my team will have a better chance to disable the enemy ships. It is good to have 1 corvette pilot in each team to harass the enemy team and cause diversion. In the early stages everyone experience troubles locating corvettes, but even though you say corvettes are OP, I claim the opposite. T5 corvettes are tardy and less maneuverable, they need 2 or 3 clips to solo a dreadnought or the Gora destroyer, which is... really underpowered. If you walk a T2/T3 dreadnought against a T4 corvette, of course you don't stand a chance...

Vae Victis

Closed