FORUMS

The grind, gating the full experience, and humane/sensible player retention

Posted: //
July 27, 2018, 9:12 a.m.

The other thing I think has to be mentioned though is that grind is almost directly related to content- yes, there is a balance to be had, but if you can unlock everything in the game within a week- then what is there to be proud of? It is not any sort of accomplishment to be had. As it is now, it takes about a month to unlock a T5 ship (depending on how much you play of course) if you stick to playing the same ship line.

If people play the game to unlock things rather than just sitting back and having fun- then the grind is the game. Rewarding a new module every game is way too much and doesn't encourage players to que the harder teirs and would actually make legendary ques worse. Again, as it is now, a module is rewarded about every three games (T4s can unlock a module a game in legendary depending kn skill level and battle bonus) which I personally think is just about perfect. Thats just my opinion, but there it is. Unlocking things is not gameplay- that is just a bonus (might I add that some extremely popular games such as Fortnite and DOTA literally have no unlocks whatsoever?)- in my eyes, just have fun with what you have- the harder things are to unlock, the more rewarding it is to unlock them

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

July 27, 2018, 9:56 a.m.

Updated //
July 27, 2018, 9:57 a.m.

Hypervolt#4192 posted (#post-224068) said:

The other thing I think has to be mentioned though is that grind is almost directly related to content- yes, there is a balance to be had, but if you can unlock everything in the game within a week- then what is there to be proud of? It is not any sort of accomplishment to be had. As it is now, it takes about a month to unlock a T5 ship (depending on how much you play of course) if you stick to playing the same ship line.

If people play the game to unlock things rather than just sitting back and having fun- then the grind is the game. Rewarding a new module every game is way too much and doesn't encourage players to que the harder teirs and would actually make legendary ques worse. Again, as it is now, a module is rewarded about every three games (T4s can unlock a module a game in legendary depending kn skill level and battle bonus) which I personally think is just about perfect. Thats just my opinion, but there it is. Unlocking things is not gameplay- that is just a bonus (might I add that some extremely popular games such as Fortnite and DOTA literally have no unlocks whatsoever?)- in my eyes, just have fun with what you have- the harder things are to unlock, the more rewarding it is to unlock them

No one is saying make it so easy it doesn't matter; they're saying don't make it so tedious I leave.

July 27, 2018, 10:02 a.m.

Hypervolt#4192 posted (#post-224068) said:

How the hel do you get enough xp/credits in a single match to unlock a T4 module?

July 27, 2018, 10:32 a.m.

Something I'd like to know. Most I've ever managed in a single match was 8K and change. I played out of my skin and had first win of the day to help boost to that score. Normally I'm about 5-7K a match.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 27, 2018, 9:32 p.m.

Updated //
July 27, 2018, 9:33 p.m.

maybe its just me- I get upwards 40k per match under perfect conditions, 20-30k for good conditions average about 25k

And that is without elite

July 28, 2018, 4:35 a.m.

Screenshot or it didn't happen.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 28, 2018, 9:25 a.m.

Hypervolt#4192 posted (#post-224087) said:

maybe its just me- I get upwards 40k per match under perfect conditions, 20-30k for good conditions average about 25k

And that is without elite

If your serious, pleaae share how with the rsst of us. Hel, share with rookies so they wont leave because of the grind.

July 28, 2018, 9:41 a.m.

Im on vacation and dont have my computer but- I used the onager with my best setup and typically got between 8-14 kills and 0-2 deaths (im by far the best with that ship)- but now that I unlocked the grenada Im grinding other ships that Im not as good at so I do get less. Maybe Ill try and see if I can get that much again. The game I got 40k on, I got battle bonus as well as 17 kills and 0 deaths, saddly I didnt record games back then

July 28, 2018, 9:59 a.m.

Updated //
July 28, 2018, 11:21 a.m.

Hypervolt#4192 posted (#post-224099) said:

Im on vacation and dont have my computer but- I used the onager with my best setup and typically got between 8-14 kills and 0-2 deaths (im by far the best with that ship)- but now that I unlocked the grenada Im grinding other ships that Im not as good at so I do get less. Maybe Ill try and see if I can get that much again. The game I got 40k on, I got battle bonus as well as 17 kills and 0 deaths, saddly I didnt record games back then

Nice playing Hypervolt! No proof needed here, as if not true it won't affect me in anyway whatsoever anyhow!

If it is true, then it will all depend on whose side you're on! lol Hopefully mine, but either way if you play like that, congrats are in order (whatever side you're on!). O7

July 28, 2018, 11:17 a.m.

Hypervolt#4192 posted (#post-224099) said:

So that total was more.of an outlier than the norm then?

And on vacation? Feh, no excuse. Priorities man....

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.