FORUMS

In game camera field of view support needed

Posted: //
April 5, 2018, 3:12 p.m.

I just built a new pc with a triple monitor setup with three 27 inch panles ( 2560x1440 each ) with a final resolution of 7680x1440. The whole time building the pc I only had this game in mind and couldn't wait to get it done and spin up the nav beacon !! Well come to find out no matter what setting i attemted to change I could not get the viewing perspective that we are all used to. My viewing sight line is from allmost the nose of the ship and not the familuar cockpit angle. It's like being zoomed in and no way to zoom back out. I also know other games DO support F.O.V. adjustment ( first person shooters and car racing /sim games )

If you are following the trends of today then you know that there is a big push from monitor and gpu manufacturers for bigger and bigger as well as ulta-wide monitors and the newer gpu's that are needed to drive them at 2-4k or higher.so having a way to adjust the point/field of view ( camera zoom in or out / camera angle or however you want to word it ) to compensate for video upscaling is absolutly critical.

I don't know if the devs. have this in mind for a future update or not but they really should consider and look into it.

April 5, 2018, 6:31 p.m.

I don't know of future plans, but I will say this. This is a free to play game. So they will not want it to be to power hungry as I would suspect they want the game to run on as many rigs as possible, while trying to keep a standard of controls and fov, as they are planning to push this game in to E-sports as they have an E-sports partner.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 5, 2018, 6:34 p.m.

I have to agree with OP. Ever after as long as the game has been available, I still feel extremely claustrophobic. I desperately want to zoom out.

April 6, 2018, 9:21 a.m.

Perhaps they have the same FOV on all systems and resolutions to not grant people with ultra wide monitors an advantage? FOV is part of the balancing of DN.

Recruit Engineer

April 6, 2018, 1:45 p.m.

i do not want an advantage period. i just want the same picture on my screen that everyone else has . so in that respect it is not balanced for me or other people that are able to have a simular setup. as an example : when you go see a movie at the theatre and then watch it on your tv at home it is formated to fit every tv on the planet. And not only being able to see just the middle two thirds. To that note as well 10 years ago everybody had 20 inch crt tv's and look today we all have 50-65 inch lcd/qled flat panles and don't tell me you don't. So that is the exact reason that the gpu and monitor manufactures are pushing to catch up to the tv proven technology.

April 14, 2018, 1:38 p.m.

ok...I figured out a solution to my problem . Under the graphics setting the resolution that I need it is listed 7680x1440 witch is the overall screen size. That part of it is fine but the problem is the that aspect ratio is not correct for that screen size. Instead of just upscaling the default 16:9 it needs to be adjusted or change to 48:19 to fit the screen's original intended viewing content across the three monitors as one ultra-wide display. I found this out while setting up a third party media player to play dvd's on windows 10 and that aspect ratio works. So in the interest of fairness and balancing if you are not going to make the feild of view adjustable then you need to change the aspect ratio to a fixed number for that i understand that number to be 48:19 for 7680x1440 resolution. That would solve the issue but it has to be done from the point of origin, server, dev.

May 12, 2018, 10:47 p.m.

With the upcoming full release on steam i wanted to mention this topic again not just for myself but also for the current and the new potential players. This topic has been brought up in the past almost from the very begining so I know that I am not the only one with this issiue. https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/4098/?page=1#25219

As mentioned in that forum thread could you please change the code : MaintainXFOV by default to AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV ( from x axis to y axis ) or somehow only make it avalible for larger screen sizes to be adjustable by end user via a slider bar or a number scale with the max allowed to equal the same fov on smaller screens. As it stands right now if i fly a tac ship or corvette it's like flying in first person as you can't even see the ship itself. Or at the end of match screen the captian avatars are visable from the neck to the waist only. I can send screenshots if needed or put 3 (2560x1440) monitors together and check it out. Using nvida card with PhysX and I am forced to use only one monitor to get the viewing perspective that is normal.

May 13, 2018, 12:54 a.m.

Personally, Id just wish that when you fire below the ship would turn transparent. As is, you have to aim and pray and have no ability to lead a target.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.