FORUMS

You guys sure that Vindicta is not OP?

Posted: //
April 7, 2018, 12:47 a.m.

So legit question

How do you counter a speedy Scrambler pulse > Nuke > uses Thrust amp or Warp to run away scrub Vindicta?

I'm running Vigo and Voroznezh and I can usually handle 1 Vindicta if it's not using Scrub Scrambler Pulse

The match that I just came from was x2 Vindicta, 1 Jutland, 1 Blud ( my only kill ), and 1 Voroznezh

It was a complete one sided rolf stomp. I'm thinking I should just quit the match and play something else.

Whenever I got close to killing an attacker I'd watch the guy just Thrust off like a little B_itch and then I'd get killed while he zoomed back around or the other Vindicta would finish me off.

My last match was completly different team but oh wait another top level player ( xxVxx rank? ) using a Scramble Pulse hit and run scrub. Hmmm I wonder if Scramble pulse comes unlocked with the Vindicta....seriously what a joke of a playstyle. It really is the kind of thing that is going to make me delete this game. ( And I am really F_ucking close )

That has been my experience this week. I get pretty balanced matches and then when my team gets stomped the recipe usually includes 1 or 2 ( good ) Vindicta users. ( yes there's usually a Valcour in the mix too but I already qq'd enough on that subject )

Are the typical suggestions like Stasis pulse and drain actually going to work?

And can we be honest here?

Can you tell me why Scrambler Pulse is in this game?

Does it need to go?

Lets just all be honest, Scrambler Pulse is for scrubs and it needs to go.

April 7, 2018, 2:57 a.m.

Stasis pulse and broadside guns is the reason why Vindicta takes a risk whenever it gets close to a dread. Try them out.

April 7, 2018, 3:55 p.m.

You have an issue with people not sitting around to die? It sure seems so. Anyways, I'm not sure how you're having a problem. You say nuke, that's not really helpful. Does that mean sparklies? Or the ball of doom? Either way, that build shouldn't really kill anything. Nukes without drain pulse do very little, especially versus the ships you play. How do you counter it? Shields. If in the voro, stasis pulse works too if they get close enough (which you have to for sparklies). if in the star destroyer, disrupt them optimally before, but after they attack works too. Drain pulse works too, so they can't escape as quickly, or scrambler so it's harder for them to navigate to safety. Alternatively, call them out to your team and have a vette kill/disrupt them, or an arty stasis/kill them, or a tac purge/kill them.

Also not sure why you have such an issue with scrambler. Imo it's the least dangerous pulse, drain and weapon pulse both get you killed much faster. Scramble just makes it harder to see, whoop dey doo. Lets all just be honest, you spend more time complaining about corvettes and destroyers than trying to figure out how to counter them.

April 7, 2018, 4:41 p.m.

Anti-Vindicta Tactics for the Vigo include sitting behind your team (up high is a plus if you're not getting shot at) and countering any approaching Vindicta's with Stasis Ammo - watch enemy Vindictas fume as they sit Stasis'd.

April 7, 2018, 4:46 p.m.

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-216997) said:

Anti-Vindicta Tactics for the Vigo include sitting behind your team (up high is a plus if you're not getting shot at) and countering any approaching Vindicta's with Stasis Ammo - watch enemy Vindictas fume as they sit Stasis'd.

Yes, you like doing that don't you Lando -.-

April 10, 2018, 3:02 p.m.

As a Vindicta Captain, the name of the game is burst damage. If one is charging, STASIS, or get something between you and the Vindicta. If you have friends nearby, get near them and let the sheer presence force them to back off (bonus if there's an Arty that decides shooting it is fun)

April 26, 2018, 10:23 a.m.

LYB-FooJub#4039 posted (#post-216998) said:

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-216997) said:

Yes, you like doing that don't you Lando -.-

Thank you for indirectly choosing my Vigo's next module.

Come join me @ Twitch

April 29, 2018, 3:53 p.m.

I usually jump in my Stribog with assault warp and nail those vindictas, but I also like my purge mode on the snipers and disruptor missile on my Vigo. Dreadnought with Module Amp + Plasma broadside + Light missiles + Energy to weapons... I strongly recommend you use the repeater guns with energy to weapons when a vindicta nearby... just to dish all the punishment at it in due time. Energy to shield is reserved for dreadnoughts equipped with a retaliator. Oh, Voronezh with Desperate measures, Module Amp, Engine Rigger and Get my good side is my personal preset... and one last time energy to weapons when hostiles nearby. You'll then make them think twice before coming next time. Tartarous nuke is lovely either, it tracks moving targets. It usually detonates at the right time, but just in case hit the button second time when the warhead's near the targeted enemy. You can also use it against healers, targeting the adjacent dreadnought so the healer doesn't get warned it's coming for it either. I'm surprised so many people have these troubles with the vindictas. I would use my vinddicta/brutus to one shot an annoying enemy healer and die shortly after that, but the people I'm used to play are pretty aware and prepared for fast ships.

Vae Victis

Closed