FORUMS

Lore discussion

Posted: //
April 8, 2018, 12:29 p.m.

[Gamatech#6679] posted (#post-217083) said:

Snib#1627 posted (#post-217081) said:

Gamatech#6679 posted (#post-217070) said:

But Fractured Space DOES have explanation XD There were different factions throughout the galaxy. The Alliance of Independent Worlds, The Foundation, Talon Cluster Accord, The Purist Cooperative, and the CPPAL (I can't even begin to remember what that stands for).

Eh, come on Mr. faction leader, even I remember that (because it was funny) : The Collective for Protection and Promotion of Artificial Lifeforms.

Don't need a datamine for that I suppose haha XD

They started the faction stuff right around the time that I called it quits so it's one of my most recent memories of the game I suppose.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 9, 2018, 3:54 p.m.

But that is exactly the point I just made. Of course, there is lore, you have to get the different manufacturers from somewhere after all. (Wargaming doesnt need that, because it takes historical vehicles.) The difference is that the Fractured Space lore is irrelevant to what the player does. The only impact it has is in the way premium ships and such look. There is no moron talking to me in my shipyard like I'm a 12-year-old going out to play when I take my million-ton-warship and my 1000 crewmembers out to kill stuff. My Captain doesn't do retarded poses at the end of the battle because he apparently fancies himself a joker. There are no tutorial missions or some such talking about Shitley Bay. And have you seen Fractured Space marketing? It's only ever about the gameplay. Whereas I just completed a survey trying to push the Sinley-Bay-Mercenary stuff as the major factor in Dreadnought advertisement.

The difference, you could say, is: Fractured Space has lore (interesting, well done lore) for those who go looking, without pushing it into your gameplay experience (Visuals disregarded), whereas Dreadnought pushes the worst part of it's lore aggressively (in a way that I can't get around). That's all there is to my beef.

April 9, 2018, 4:23 p.m.

Updated //
April 9, 2018, 4:29 p.m.

DarkDodger#5260 posted (#post-217166) said:

But that is exactly the point I just made. Of course, there is lore, you have to get the different manufacturers from somewhere after all. (Wargaming doesnt need that, because it takes historical vehicles.) The difference is that the Fractured Space lore is irrelevant to what the player does. The only impact it has is in the way premium ships and such look. There is no moron talking to me in my shipyard like I'm a 12-year-old going out to play when I take my million-ton-warship and my 1000 crewmembers out to kill stuff. My Captain doesn't do retarded poses at the end of the battle because he apparently fancies himself a joker. There are no tutorial missions or some such talking about Shitley Bay. And have you seen Fractured Space marketing? It's only ever about the gameplay. Whereas I just completed a survey trying to push the Sinley-Bay-Mercenary stuff as the major factor in Dreadnought advertisement.

The difference, you could say, is: Fractured Space has lore (interesting, well done lore) for those who go looking, without pushing it into your gameplay experience (Visuals disregarded), whereas Dreadnought pushes the worst part of it's lore aggressively (in a way that I can't get around). That's all there is to my beef.

A fair point, and one I can understand.

On another note, there's another mention of this mysterious "survey". What is it, and where can I find it? I'd love to take part.

April 9, 2018, 7:50 p.m.

[Gamatech#6679] said:

[DarkDodger#5260] said:

A fair point, and one I can understand.

On another note, there's another mention of this mysterious "survey". What is it, and where can I find it? I'd love to take part.

You can't, players where selected at randome (as far as i can tell.) and E-mailed a link to take part.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.