FORUMS

Light Destroyers

Posted: //
April 7, 2018, 4:06 p.m.

Hi all o7

From the moment I started playing in Veteran a few weeks ago, one thing has been a thron in my neck above all others- light Destroyers. No matter what I do, no matter what ship I use, they always waltz in and tear me a new one.

Today, I picked one up for the first time. And my god, now I realise why they're such a pain in the a** to fight!! The main guns are phenominal. High range, high damage, high rate winds of dragonfire. I can chew up even Dreadnoughts in a matter of seconds if the enemy isn't completely aware of their surroundings. The ship itself is expectedly very quick and nimble too, given it's a light ship.

I get that it has a low health pool comparitively, but is that the only downside to this thing? Is it just me, or is it insanely op? I fall if one so much as sneezes in my general direction, but I can absolutely dominate anything thrown at me when I use one myself...

April 7, 2018, 4:22 p.m.

Pretty much any ship can chew up dreads if they're not aware of their surroundings. It's the assault class of it's line. The athos has 2k more range versus the vindi, and is basically a sniper. A weapon boosted and amp'd athos can do even more damage than the vindi without the need to get close and personal. Meanwhile the dola is the frontliner, there to take hits and give consistent dps.

I thought it was a bit op when I first started playing it too, and then I started playing against people who knew what they were doing. Yeahhhhhh. The vette and des take advantage of people who don't know what they're doing, but when you come against people who do know what they're doing, they become much riskier to play, and hard to play well. I frequently see vindis only getting an eye for an eye, or worse. While the other two classes are more teamplayers, and long range ones at that, the vindi is more of a solo brawler.

tl;dr no, not op

April 7, 2018, 5:05 p.m.

^this. If you see a Vindicator coming, much like a Corvette it's normally dead before it gets to you. In the hands of a skilled player they can seem OP, same goes for people who have never come up against one before. Once you get use to them, it all boils down to who's the better pilot of the ships involved in the fight.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 7, 2018, 5:59 p.m.

Updated //
April 7, 2018, 6:05 p.m.

Mostly what the guys above said. Destroyers are built to tear up dreadnoughts. But not to forget that the balancing and progression of this game are a bit random, as with everything things only get half done when the responsible intern leaves the company for a real job in a real studio.

From my datamine:

description

For example, at tier 4 the medium destroyer line has the lowest theoretical dps, at tier 5 it has the highest. As I said, random.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 10, 2018, 7:52 a.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-217005) said:

Mostly what the guys above said. Destroyers are built to tear up dreadnoughts. But not to forget that the balancing and progression of this game are a bit random, as with everything things only get half done when the responsible intern leaves the company for a real job in a real studio.

From my datamine:

description

For example, at tier 4 the medium destroyer line has the lowest theoretical dps, at tier 5 it has the highest. As I said, random.

To make it even funnier, look at the ptw values.

Recruit Engineer

April 10, 2018, 7:59 a.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-217261) said:

To make it even funnier, look at the ptw values.

Don't get me started on that. At least I got them to (mostly) fix the arties last year in that respect.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.