FORUMS

Am I Going Crazy??

Posted: //
April 9, 2018, 1:23 p.m.

Or does the Outis body kit look EXACTLY THE SAME as the Mithras???

The Outis is a PREMIUM ship, and a founder one at that. Why does it look identical to the Mithras??

Is this a glitch, or is it really truly like-for-like? It's a total joke of a hero ship if that's the case...

These images show my Medusa with a full Outis body kit alongside the Mithras. I have reset the game and switched the ship being viewed multiple times.

Outis Body Kit (Front)

description

Mithras (Front)

description

Outis Body Kit (Back)

description

Mithras (Back)

description

Am I seeing things? Is the wrong model loading in? Or did I really spend cash-money on something that I could have got for free (assuming I put in the monumental grind)?

Why do all of the other available hero ships look so distinctive and unique, while the Outis is more or less a recol... You know what, it IS identical, since the textures are from the coating and not the body kit!! It's even LESS than a recolour! D:

I understand that hero ships also allow you to try out late-game modules, but even with that taken into account the Outis falls entirely short of every other hero ship in the game. It's only half the value! What's going on????

EDIT- I have afterburner equipped on my Medusa, hence why there's an extra thruster.

April 9, 2018, 2:02 p.m.

The founder ships are from when there were no tiers. When they decided to kill the game that we had supported at the time by introducing the tiers they also had no qualms about using all the existing founder parts for the T5 versions, minus the figureheads. They later also introduced renamed copies of the founder color schemes to the market.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 9, 2018, 2:30 p.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-217152) said:

The founder ships are from when there were no tiers. When they decided to kill the game that we had supported at the time by introducing the tiers they also had no qualms about using all the existing founder parts for the T5 versions, minus the figureheads. They later also introduced renamed copies of the founder color schemes to the market.

A really good (albiet frustrating) thing to know, thanks for the insight.

That still begs the question though, why aren't the other t5 ships the same? The Silesia hero ship looks nothing like the Stabia, nor does the Morningstar look like the Zmey. Maybe they're going through all the t5s and remodelling them one by one? I SINCERELY hope this is the case, the fact that the Mithras is a cosmetic twin to the Outis angers me to say the least...

April 9, 2018, 2:58 p.m.

Compare the t4 morningstar hero ship with the t5 zmey. It's the same there.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

April 9, 2018, 3:05 p.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-217157) said:

Compare the t4 morningstar hero ship with the t5 zmey. It's the same there.

Really?... What a cheap copout... Setting aside that hero ships are notoriously expensive in the first place, is this how founders are treated? This is disappointing...

April 9, 2018, 3:06 p.m.

Updated //
April 9, 2018, 3:07 p.m.

On a side note, I finally figured out what I'm looking at in your signature image Enterprise. Would be a brilliant concept indeed.

April 9, 2018, 4:03 p.m.

On a side note, I finally figured out what I'm looking at in your signature image Enterprise. Would be a brilliant concept indeed.

Haha, thanks

I keep on hoping.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

April 12, 2018, 1:11 p.m.

Hey, Gamatech! I appreciate you taking your time to gather screenshots and reporting this. I will be forwarding this information to the right department so that they can take a look and take further action of this concern. Thank you very much for bringing this up!

VAQSeeN - Customer/Technical Support on Player Relations

Having game/tech issues? Submit a support ticket here!

April 12, 2018, 3:07 p.m.

DN_VAQSeeN#4882 posted (#post-217553) said:

Hey, Gamatech! I appreciate you taking your time to gather screenshots and reporting this. I will be forwarding this information to the right department so that they can take a look and take further action of this concern. Thank you very much for bringing this up!

Thanks! It's great to know it's been taken note of ^^

April 12, 2018, 3:32 p.m.

And now the tier V ships will look ugly. I like the current hero ship design. But thanks to you Gamatech, they will remove this design for sure

^I want to believe^

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.