FORUMS

Healing destroys game for me

Posted: //
April 10, 2018, 9:44 a.m.

For me, healing in a game like dreadnought kills the fun. It moves the game far away from anything called a simulation to a very arcade style. Damage and hits feel meaningless when they can get repaired in seconds. The big ships feel meaningless and unrealistic. Just my 2 cents.

April 10, 2018, 9:49 a.m.

Updated //
April 10, 2018, 9:50 a.m.

Do not worry! The game director currently stated that the developer/publisher team is currently looking into fixing this by creating counters against healing and/or nerfing healing a bit.

HOLD FAST!

April 13, 2018, 5:08 p.m.

Gentlemen,

This is an interesting topic. I think developing a counter for healing would be beneficial for the game. Perhaps a destroyer pulse module called sabotage pulse that changes effects of all heal effects to damage causing effects? That would be quite interesting.

Nerfing is rarely the best alternative as nerfing results in watered down gameplay, decreased variety of tactics, and boils the game down to everything being the same except the skin of the ship. It's like making your favorite flavorful spicy garlic pasta dich when relatives are coming over, but knowing someone does not like salt, another does not like spicy, and the last does not like garlic, and what you are left with are buttery noodles.

-DT

"Dreadnought is an amazing game. What makes it amazing you ask? It's the creators who took the time to create modules, officer briefs, and variations in ships that allow a counter for everything, and more importantly different levels of counters. It's like an authentic wargame played in real time where a person's decisions, coordination, and communication with their teammates are an essential component to gameplay that is just as important as piloting their ship. The key to winning is getting in discord, squading up, and working together. Anyone can do it, but few choose to do so." -DeathToll007

April 14, 2018, 2:15 p.m.

Agree with DT, nerfing is an eye for an eye. In possibly fixing one thing, something else becomes broken or obsolete. That being said, power creep also exists. It comes down to this - The damage capabilities of all ships in the game make it so that healers aren't optional. Without heals, dreads, heavy destroyers would become obsolete for the most part. Changing the game at this point to accomodate for no heals simply isn't a realistic option. You say damage and hits feel meaningless when they're repaired instantly? Would you rather dread fights last 20-30 seconds, after which you have to slog back from respawn just to die again?

April 16, 2018, 3:35 a.m.

basically the game needs to be rebalanced as a whole...healing included...

nerfing and buff are the two sides to rebalance, if you dont know what you are doing, you can break other things. rebalancing a game is very normal. saying nerfing is bad is just bs.

you should stop whining because the devs are going to nerf heals. you are just afraid you will not be able to play as well. I just cannot believe you can stand here and argue against action taken against healing.

April 16, 2018, 5:44 a.m.

Ununoctium#9853 posted (#post-217267) said:

For me, healing in a game like dreadnought kills the fun. It moves the game far away from anything called a simulation to a very arcade style. Damage and hits feel meaningless when they can get repaired in seconds. The big ships feel meaningless and unrealistic. Just my 2 cents.

For me it's the contrary, without healing it would become arcady, it's things like healing (and other teamwork-centric abilities) that give the game its tactical edge.

But players have hated on basically every ship class in the game since the start. Healer hate is just the current FotM. It will be corvettes again next month and arties after that, and once the healer nerf hits you'll probably all hate destroyers.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 16, 2018, 3:48 p.m.

Updated //
April 16, 2018, 3:49 p.m.

Tacs did not deserve this. Do you guys know how hard and desperate gameplay this is? Always being afraid of nukes, praying that you'll survive this broadside... Tac gameplay is stressful and requieres a lot of concentration. After the Tac nerf I will be too scared of being a Tac Captain!

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.