FORUMS

Murometz PtW - Am I missing something?

Posted: //
April 12, 2018, 6:07 a.m.

Murometz Power to Weapon only increases the damage of primary weapon by 20% (5500 to 6600) compared to other arty ships (Even Vucari) which enjoy about 40% or 50% damage increase during PtW. Is this intentional? Why is this one's PtW the only one underwhelming? Does it have something I'm not aware of yet?

On a side note, I always hesitate abbreviating Power to Weapon because whenever I see "PtW" I reflexively think "Pay to Win"

April 12, 2018, 8:23 a.m.

Ships got balanced inside a tier, so this leads to T3 ships having additional firepower when using Power to Weapons. Each ship has its own ptw value, so yes this is intentional. Overall the T4 can sustain more ptw shots, because it has more energy and also regenrates faster. The 20 more energy should give you an overall damage, not dps, advantage. I suspect they balanced around time to kill, so dps is just a secondary stat, as it gets derived from it, which then leads to seemingly strange values.

At some point they will most likely revise all stats and this might change.

Recruit Engineer

April 12, 2018, 8:33 a.m.

Updated //
April 12, 2018, 11:47 a.m.

BladeGrip#2964 posted (#post-217537) said:

Murometz Power to Weapon only increases the damage of primary weapon by 20% (5500 to 6600) compared to other arty ships (Even Vucari) which enjoy about 40% or 50% damage increase during PtW. Is this intentional? Why is this one's PtW the only one underwhelming?

It's hardly the only one, T2 and T3 medium arties with the highest PtW shot damage of all ships in game are just the most easily noticeable. T5 medium arty has lower PtW shot damage than the T1 version even, btw. But there are plenty weapons with dubious scaling across all tiers and ship classes.

It took quite some effort to get the responsible dev to even acknowledge that fact a year ago or so but other than "I'll have to look into that" nothing has happened since.

I cannot at this point say whether it's still a bug or has been declared a feature. Note however that bigger energy pools at higher tiers generally allow you to get off more powered shots, so even if your powered per-shot damaged is lower, you can overall put out more (theoretical) damage. I do hope that's not the reasoning though, because it's not a good one, since opponents scale as well and arties are not about sustained damage. Also it is not consistent - JA arties have the highest powered per-shot damage in T5, as you would expect.

edit: sniped by Jawayne.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 12, 2018, 10:22 a.m.

Yup, just going to echo that it seems to (currently) be a quirk of the ship.

It's not really unique; Oberon Tactical Cruisers, for example, are typically highly dependent on good energy management due to their large boosts when routing to power to weapons or engines. Conversely, the Akula Tactical Cruisers recieve 'relatively' little benefit from power to weapons, but they have a very high base healing at close range(meaning they're usually better off conserving power for shields). This translates into Oberon Tacticals being more of a mid-range 'spot'/burst healer while the Akula Tacs are the reliable and consistent close-range powerhouses.

Akula Artillery Cruisers typically have the most armor, highest damage per individual shot, and recieve a huge boost to movement with power to engines like Oberon Artillery. (This is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, but everyone calling Artillery Cruisers "snipers" is a disservice to the potential of the class. Akula Artillery, especially, really shine when you play them more like a 'hunter/trapper' just behind the first and secondary lines. Hiding way out in the 'bushes' of nowhere and 'sniping' with them only makes you an isolated target that's ripe for the picking.)

April 12, 2018, 1:19 p.m.

It's kinda funny that Akula arties have the highest hp pool despite being "A huge cannon with a bridge strapped on the side" while JA arties have small hp pool despite looking properly armored. XD

One thing I notice is that Rapid Fire Mode 3 buffs the damage per shot of Akula arties but slightly nerfs the damage of JA arties. Dunno about Oberon arties since I didn't buy RFM3 thanks to their unique firing method.

Is RFM 4 really as bad as people seem to be talking about? I mean, I saw someone changed their username to "dontbuyrapidfire4"

April 12, 2018, 2:57 p.m.

RFM T4 locks you in place and drains all your energy. So RFM 3 + ptw allows you to deal more damage.

Recruit Engineer

April 12, 2018, 3:20 p.m.

BladeGrip#2964 posted (#post-217554) said:

Is RFM 4 really as bad as people seem to be talking about? I mean, I saw someone changed their username to "dontbuyrapidfire4"

Stay as far away from that thing as you can. A hangar lag spike made me buy it by mistake when I just wanted to research it. I nearly cried... Had to slot something else, RFM 4 isn't useable.

Also don't upgrade your armor amps on dreads.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.