FORUMS

Healers Ruined Game for me

Posted: //
April 14, 2018, 5:53 p.m.

Updated //
April 14, 2018, 5:58 p.m.

I use to play religiously every day but i play maybe once or twice a week if that since a new tactic using healers has become more prevalant.

Three healers are in the game. You communicate with your team and focus your fire on one of them. The other two healers see this and focus their healing on the targeted healer. You hit them in a cordinated attack with three nukes & you still can't kill one of them. In the meantime the two capital ships on their team pick you off one by one. If you focus on the capital ship the healers see it and repair them and/or destroy you.

The two healer tactic was hard enough but if you're aggressive and use the right weapon combination you can defeat it. BUT WITH THREE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

When I see this tactic being used I just quit the game. I know it's not fair to the other players but there is no point in playing a game that only leads to frustration and is unwinable. not fun to being used

April 15, 2018, 6:08 a.m.

Healers are being addressed. How? We do not know exactly. But changes will be coming soon.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| MSI MAG Forge 100R Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 15, 2018, 1:20 p.m.

Updated //
April 15, 2018, 1:30 p.m.

Heal ball counter 1. Rams (solo) 2. Purge nuke and primary fire in sequence (team) 3. Warp jump between healers to body block and high alpha (solo) 4. Double boosted heavy sniper (pair) 5. Goliath Bowling (solo) 6. Stribog kinetic weapon amplifier, energy to weapons, destruction cascade (solo) The list goes on and on.

Consider this, most games people argue over who "must play" a healer. They get the most exp and points in a match currently. So let's argue a reduction in EXP, add to that argument length, or let's reduce the effectiveness of healing, which will either require more healers, or more likely, people stop playing them all together. I must admit my assumption is the dev team of this game will do what dev teams of other games I have enjoyed did to their own detriment. That is to listen to the whiniest repeat posters on forums and tags regardless of the majority of the player base not discussing any concerns, making changes to the game and alienate the player base as a whole. I would recommend not changing existing healer game mechanics until the player base increases in skill or numbers.

The single greatest recommendation I would provide to the DEV team is to ask the question in a positive: What do you like about this game? What makes you come back? What makes this game unique from other games? Why do you like playing a healer? These kinds of questions are usually more revealing of the game's strengths and prevent accidentally erasing them while catering to the negative voices of a few.

-DT

"Dreadnought is an amazing game. What makes it amazing you ask? It's the creators who took the time to create modules, officer briefs, and variations in ships that allow a counter for everything, and more importantly different levels of counters. It's like an authentic wargame played in real time where a person's decisions, coordination, and communication with their teammates are an essential component to gameplay that is just as important as piloting their ship. The key to winning is getting in discord, squading up, and working together. Anyone can do it, but few choose to do so." -DeathToll007

April 15, 2018, 3:06 p.m.

OP, you must be flying against some of the most organized Tac Cruisers in the game! I've had 3 Tac teams (I was solo, not in squad) and it went like this: Oberon tac #1 wants the "assault warfare" badge and is busy hunting NPCs. Oberon tac #2 is playing follow-the-leader with and artillery cruiser out in the fringes of the map, and I'm playing Koschei in the middle with our teams two dreads trying REAL hard not to get popped.

DeathToll 007 makes almost all the points on what frags healers (hats off to you and the LYB crew, mad damage dealers and y'all have the Plasma Ram down to an art!), but also realize that you don't have to survive the encounter to have fun! I've landed on a Tac ball in an AV dread, broadside, autoguns, tank up and repeat... sometimes it even works! The neat part was that the whole time those cool blue notifications were scrolling past my HUD... "+8 damage dealer, +15 tank, +30 berzerker". Flying bold often scores higher, and anything that helps the grind, amirite?!?!

So get to the bridge, squad up with friends or randoms (you and 3 knuckleheads in coms is better than you cursing at 7 knuckleheads alone) and melt some Tac Cruiser hulls.

As an aside on flying a Tactical Cruiser: Redardless of the hull in question (I like Oberon and AV for different reasons) I actually enjoy flying a Tac as much or more as I do any of the other classes (especially the 'vette, I am TERRIBLE at those). You have to be SUPER situationally aware, targeting things you can't see (if autoguns goes green, MASH IT), shifting focus between 2-4+ targets, some of which are behind you, watching cooldowns and incoming damage... if you are doing it right (in my opinion) you are going to be BUSY the whole fight. If you can't beat em, do it better

April 15, 2018, 3:41 p.m.

[LYB-DeathToll007#8196]said:

Heal ball counter 1. Rams (solo) 2. Purge nuke and primary fire in sequence (team) 3. Warp jump between healers to body block and high alpha (solo) 4. Double boosted heavy sniper (pair) 5. Goliath Bowling (solo) 6. Stribog kinetic weapon amplifier, energy to weapons, destruction cascade (solo) The list goes on and on.

Consider this, most games people argue over who "must play" a healer. They get the most exp and points in a match currently. So let's argue a reduction in EXP, add to that argument length, or let's reduce the effectiveness of healing, which will either require more healers, or more likely, people stop playing them all together. I must admit my assumption is the dev team of this game will do what dev teams of other games I have enjoyed did to their own detriment. That is to listen to the whiniest repeat posters on forums and tags regardless of the majority of the player base not discussing any concerns, making changes to the game and alienate the player base as a whole. I would recommend not changing existing healer game mechanics until the player base increases in skill or numbers.

The single greatest recommendation I would provide to the DEV team is to ask the question in a positive: What do you like about this game? What makes you come back? What makes this game unique from other games? Why do you like playing a healer? These kinds of questions are usually more revealing of the game's strengths and prevent accidentally erasing them while catering to the negative voices of a few.

-DT

To be fair. All the counters to healing require a lot of XP, and some skill. Healing requires very little by comparison, then the more you invest into healing the harder it gets. A squad healing is harder to take out than randoms.

The problems with healing are just exaggerated by OB's and zero hard counters. If a team plays like a team you will not get close enough to a heal ball solo. It takes far more quardenation to brake a heal ball than it dose to play a heal ball. We know it's true, and we need to stop pretending anyone can brake a heal ball on there own and admit that those who can have the gear and exsperiance to do the job.

The sooner we start looking at things from the perspective of the "new guy" the better.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| MSI MAG Forge 100R Case|

April 15, 2018, 9:33 p.m.

Gentlemen,

There's one counter that does not require a lot of exp. That's getting into the Dreadnought beta tester discord and squading up for a coordinated offensive.

-DT

"Dreadnought is an amazing game. What makes it amazing you ask? It's the creators who took the time to create modules, officer briefs, and variations in ships that allow a counter for everything, and more importantly different levels of counters. It's like an authentic wargame played in real time where a person's decisions, coordination, and communication with their teammates are an essential component to gameplay that is just as important as piloting their ship. The key to winning is getting in discord, squading up, and working together. Anyone can do it, but few choose to do so." -DeathToll007

April 16, 2018, 2:44 a.m.

LYB-DeathToll007#8196 posted (#post-217956) said:

Gentlemen,

There's one counter that does not require a lot of exp. That's getting into the Dreadnought beta tester discord and squading up for a coordinated offensive.

-DT

Not all squads are created equal.

April 16, 2018, 3:03 a.m.

LYB-DeathToll007#8196 posted (#post-217945) said:

blah blah blah

-DT

This game is not "amazing". It is the only multiplayer game you get to play with large spaceships. In terms of graphics, the user interface, controls, tech tree, skills, progress quests, this game is absoultely not amazing by any means. It uses the same system like world of warships and starconflict but with poorer quality.

It is incredibly easy to see how healers are completely overpowered, imbalanced and completely wreck the game. It is not a whiner talk, its plain to see. I would much rather see it completely removed from the game. The fact that healers in this state is even in the game tells much about the developer's design skills. How many years has this game been in development and its still in beta? you kidding me? I like spaceship battles games, I dont mind people advocating it but I dont like to see people making complete bs.

Perhaps the real whiner here is you.

April 16, 2018, 4:13 p.m.

zaftgun#7743 posted (#post-217960) said:

LYB-DeathToll007#8196 posted (#post-217945) said:

blah blah blah

-DT

This game is not "amazing". It is the only multiplayer game you get to play with large spaceships. In terms of graphics, the user interface, controls, tech tree, skills, progress quests, this game is absoultely not amazing by any means. It uses the same system like world of warships and starconflict but with poorer quality.

It is incredibly easy to see how healers are completely overpowered, imbalanced and completely wreck the game. It is not a whiner talk, its plain to see. I would much rather see it completely removed from the game. The fact that healers in this state is even in the game tells much about the developer's design skills. How many years has this game been in development and its still in beta? you kidding me? I like spaceship battles games, I dont mind people advocating it but I dont like to see people making complete bs.

Perhaps the real whiner here is you.

There is no need to make a personal attack here. Constructive criticism should always be welcome. Also be patient with the developers as there is much involved with the creation and maintenance of a video game.

Come join me @ Twitch

April 19, 2018, 9:42 a.m.

While I don't think healers ruin the game by any means, when you do come across 2 tac cruisers following a destroyer/dreadnaught, there is pretty much no point in engaging. In that formation I've hit a T1 tac with my T2 Trafagar's (upgraded) torpedoes, autoguns and poured power into my main weapons, and it still didn't kill the most lightly armored ship in the game. To me that's a major issue. I either hide and trail waiting for one to break off, but more likely just go off and find other ships to engage.

I think to solve it simply, a healer can either only heal one ship at a time, or if healing two ships the healing amount is cut in half. As it currently stands, it's way too powerful of a defensive measure.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.