FORUMS

The Purge Beast

Posted: //
April 15, 2018, 11:21 a.m.

The maybe simplest and best Dread build out there.

A special thanks to LYB-GrimmHammer, for giving me the inspiration and knowlege I needed for creating this build.

I am running it on the Tier 4 Lorica, a light Dreadnought of the Manufacturer Oberon. Repeater guns, Tartarus Nuke, Vultures, Heavy Autoguns, Armour Amp. OB's: Retaliator, Mod Amp, Slow and Steady, GMGS.

If there is a tac close to you, you wont be stopped. You can sit there on the open field, the side of your ship facing the enemy. Shields, Armor amp, Purge and Vultures. Thanks to GMGS, you will have a big energy supply. If you don't have any left, Armour Amp. Purge and Vultures should be triggered at the same time. Switch your weapons when the Ammo is out, then back.

Have fun.

PURGE AND PURIFY

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

April 15, 2018, 12:37 p.m.

The Tartarus Purge-Nuke is pretty much the main heal-blob meta counter at the moment, yes.

I'd suggest swapping the Vultures for Light Missiles, though; Vultures are just too slow(they're too easy to terrain-block or simply outrun). Auto-guns don't really synergize that much with their short range. You'd probably be better off stacking armorbooster pulse(to protect your healers/fire support) or, perhaps, running a tractor beam to pull priority targets away from a heal-blob(or a healer out of cover). Shields may neutralize tractor beams, but a purged ship cannot shield. You can also use the tractor beams to throw off ramming runs if they're not directed at you(if they route power to shields to compensate, it means they're not running power to engines or weapons).

The downside to this kind of setup, obviously, is that you're not personally going to get as many points because the game doesn't reward purging/CC like it rewards doing damage.

April 15, 2018, 12:43 p.m.

That build is a squad build, run that with out support and it will be essentialy useless. Because if noone targets the purged ship, the missiles will not be enough, that's if they get there and not shot out of the sky.

I'd take ABP to give the tac some support too. So a ram can isn't going to one shot it.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 15, 2018, 1:03 p.m.

The Tartarus Purge-Nuke is pretty much the main heal-blob meta counter at the moment, yes.

I'd suggest swapping the Vultures for Light Missiles, though; Vultures are just too slow(they're too easy to terrain-block or simply outrun). Auto-guns don't really synergize that much with their short range. You'd probably be better off stacking armorbooster pulse(to protect your healers/fire support) or, perhaps, running a tractor beam to pull priority targets away from a heal-blob(or a healer out of cover). Shields may neutralize tractor beams, but a purged ship cannot shield. You can also use the tractor beams to throw off ramming runs if they're not directed at you(if they route power to shields to compensate, it means they're not running power to engines or weapons).

The downside to this kind of setup, obviously, is that you're not personally going to get as many points because the game doesn't reward purging/CC like it rewards doing damage.

Thank you for all this enhancement options. My build is for medium Range ~4k, the vultures are actually pretty effective there. It is a tryhard build, the enemy should not have cover, the autoguns are for 1v1 close combat situations. Tractor beams were my favourite on the Gravis during closed beta, but it feels wierd now. Armorboost is a good idea, but mostly I am too mobile or in a position that is too dangerous for a tac. I will put your suggestions into consideration, thanks

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.