FORUMS

Painted Dropfleet Model, Mecetra pattern+Stellar beekeepers coating

Posted: //
April 16, 2018, 5:17 p.m.

Updated //
April 16, 2018, 5:21 p.m.

So I persoanly love the look of macetra pattern with Stellar beekeeprs coating, so much so I decided to try my hand at painting it on one of my dropfleet models.

Im not a profesional paintier, so dnt expect the world from me, given how small it is its rather hard to perfectly replicate the look on a models, but im pleased enough with how it turend out to show it to you.

So heres my space hot rod, aka the vindicta with relevant colors/pattern that i used as a refrence .

And heres what I ended up with, barring in mind I only have my phones camera to take pictures with.

The model itself is a converted Centurion if you were wondering. I do think there is alot of room for a cleaner paintjob and in how i painted the yellow detailing, espeicaly knowing how im going to paint each panel that needs detail before i actulay start painting, ya know haveing a plan insted of just going with it whould make it look a lot better. Still really pleased how it turned out, enough that i want to paint more ships like this. But I dont actauly play UCM, but im considering getting a UCM starter fleet and painting it like this, if nothing else it makes for good eye candy in a dispaly case. the picture dosent quite do it justice, you realy gota hold it in your hand to apreciate it the most.

Imagur link

well i hope you guys liked it.

June 1, 2018, 6:18 p.m.

Awesome!

Sadly I couldn't get into Dropfleet/Dropzone games due to huge costs of the models and game rules...

“I’m a long-flight pilot. Pushing a little bubble of air-filled metal across an ocean of nothing is what I was born to do.” ― James S.A. Corey, Cibola Burn

June 3, 2018, 10:51 a.m.

Updated //
June 3, 2018, 10:53 a.m.

Wow, I'm surprised that this thread doesn't have more views and that I didn't see this before.

THIS. IS. AWESOME!!! Great work Sanguinius113! I love the beekeeper coating and I think you did an outstanding job replicating the color to a model. I will be sharing this with my teams!

VAQSeeN - Customer/Technical Support on Player Relations

Having game/tech issues? Submit a support ticket here!

June 3, 2018, 1:11 p.m.

yeah, thats pretty cool. Of course, Im always for a black and yellow/gold color scheme.

June 3, 2018, 2:08 p.m.

That is Epic!

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.