FORUMS

PvP and the Game

Posted: //
April 20, 2018, 11:13 a.m.

Updated //
April 20, 2018, 11:15 a.m.

First, this is not about something being OP, I do not think anything in the game right now is classicly OP.

I have been playing this game for sometime now, and while I am not the most active player I feel I do have something to contribute to basic game play. I feel the game is at a major cross roads and needs to focus on what the game PvP is about. Either this game is a game where how you play matters the most, or what you play does. That is not to say both are not important aspects of the game, they are. What it does mean is one needs to inform the game more then the other. I am a how you play type of player. That is what I find the most fun in a game, is when you face others, how you play what you have matters more then what you play. Again, I am not saying a tier 2 ship should be able to beat a tier 5, no, What I mean is how you play in a matched game when you are in parity, note I say parity, not balance with the other players should make the difference.

That said what I am seeing is a rise that what you play matters more then how you play in this game. What I mean by that is specificly with healers. Healers are always an issue in a team game and can cause power creep. What that means is when ships do not have to deal with healers they have too much power vs a ship without one. This is not OP it is enviromental and an issue with how a healer works in the game. it is easy to see how this reduces a games PvP choices and can ruin the experence. Mathmatically the ships are all balanced, but game play suffers. This is where some players set on what you play, say well get a balanced team and what not. Well that is bad game play and bad for the game in the long run especailly for players that want to play solo or just pick up games. This is where I see things headed.

The game needs to be set up so ships of the same tier of any config can win a match. When you see a tactic or ship set up ect being widely used by a player base, you have a problem. The winabitly needs to be based in both how well that team foucs fires and supports eachother, but also in how they use the map. The map needs to be a much more important part of all game play. I could go on and on, but the game needs to either be how you play, or what you play. I would much prefer a game where how you played matterd. Where what you do on the map matters more then what you did in the hanger.

Thanks for reading.

description

pegasuscommand.com

April 21, 2018, 2:52 a.m.

Healers are being addressed, How it will look we don't know, they have a few ideas, but I do not know If they have decided on what action is being taken.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 21, 2018, 10:04 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-218426) said:

Healers are being addressed, How it will look we don't know, they have a few ideas, but I do not know If they have decided on what action is being taken.

yes I saw that and one reason I wanted to post something like this now

description

pegasuscommand.com

April 28, 2018, 9:37 p.m.

I like the new conquest map and I think that is a good start in the right direction.

description

pegasuscommand.com

May 1, 2018, 4:07 a.m.

I logged back in today for the first time in a while and nothing's changed. It's still the same old constant matchmaker fails and OP scramble ram Vindictas running the show and getting first place in every match. Still not my idea of fun.

May 1, 2018, 4:34 a.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2018, 5:51 a.m.

Vindictas are easy meat, They've got low HP and sacrifice powerful ranged weaponry in order to equip a strategy-limiting ram. Their only advantage is that they're fast. There are many different and effective ways of getting them before they get you.

May 2, 2018, 6:43 p.m.

Ya. I hate to have to specialize into one certain build just to counter them, but I don't see much of a choice.

May 3, 2018, 1:56 a.m.

Power to engines and move. That's what I have to do in my Harwich.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

May 3, 2018, 3:53 a.m.

Updated //
May 3, 2018, 3:57 a.m.

Sgt_Saunders#5165 posted (#post-219609) said:

Ya. I hate to have to specialize into one certain build just to counter them, but I don't see much of a choice.

I know what you mean, but a big part of this game is strategy and counter strategy. If you're getting wrecked by rammers, change setups and wreck them instead. If they're not that bright (which they usually aren't), they'll keep trying to get you without switching it up and you'll take them for 10 kills.

Plus, it only takes one module to totally ruin a rammer's day, you don't have to totally change your playstyle or anything. I just run disruptor missiles, which covers a whole range of options, including making rammers useless.

May 3, 2018, 4:04 a.m.

^this, it's why we have 2 load outs now. So you can bring your "normal" build, and a build to counter those ships that your team has in spades.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.