FORUMS

Ps4 Corvette counter-play vs PC?

Posted: //
April 20, 2018, 7:34 p.m.

Do you PC people hate the Corvette counter play as much as I do?

I have really noticed one constant while playing matches here in Ps4 land and that is that good/decent Corvette players absolutley wreck face over here.

It's not that I don't think people should not be rewarded for skilled play, I just don't think getting kills in a Corvette takes any skill. Especially if your team is running 2 or 3 tier IV vettes. And yes I am playing the Corvettes as well ( I strangly really like the Stribog a lot)

I've rage posted in the Ps4 Forum section and the push back I get is "git good", uses drain/stasis, and learn how to aim.

The problem is that I am good, I can aim, and I use some of these pretty good tricks to win some of these 1 on 1 battles.

( I think these suggestions are actually quite funny because when I play Covette I rarely get killed by drain/stasis and the other players can't hit me whe they shoot at me

I think there is a real problem here.

I can't help but feel that all engagements heavily favor the Corvette. - My bullets do not track well - they actually appear to be attracted to the Corvette ship and miss it as a result ( this is not bad aim and I have seen other posts about this problem )

Corvette players also know where the dead zones on your ship are. ( Below or very close and below) and generally have a very punishing counter for many situations. - just a few days ago I was playing my Stribog and watched another player on my team finish almost every attack with the assault blink move, killing them of course - it was crazy to watch

Yes there is a lot more casual gamers and such and we have 5 vs 5 matches instead of 7 vs 7 so this is probably a factor

It's just that, matches like the one I just left where my entire team got trashed by 3 tier IV corvette users ( other 2 were in a Aion and Vigo ) will cause people like me to walk from this game. It is complete nonsense and not worth the aggravation.

I like the Corvette role I just think they do way too much dps and have way too many perks.

My suggestion to fix what I think is a major problem would be to either slightly increase the hitbox of the ship or probably the best thing to do would be to prevent 100% shield absorbtion - bring this down to 85%

I don't know about the PC but the player-base is a problem over here and by problem I mean very very small. I'm not sure if the - very small ship dominates the very large ship - gameplay is going to help grow said player-base.

This game is very good and hopefully gets even better. I just think making the Corvette a little less dominant will help do that.

April 20, 2018, 10:39 p.m.

Well, I imagine PS4 is at a slight disadvantage due to the slower camera/target panning limitation of the analog control sticks.

Most of the complaints regarding corvettes on PC typically boil down to either negligence(not actively watching/preparing/countering them) or people expecting to single-handedly counter multiple players working together as a team(which tends to apply to a lot of complaints, including heal-blobs). That said, there are some ships/setups that can absolutely shut down multi-corvette offensives if they are in capable hands on PC.

(As a side tangent, I do personally think that corvettes are very poorly handled on a design level. Such tiny ships somehow having incredible powerplants that can feed both the engines, primary weapon system, and perfect shielding system aboard corvettes is completely silly. Conceptually, I think it would have made a lot more sense to design them as weapon delivery systems akin to modern aircraft or patrol/torpedo boats - their main guns would be relatively weak and more of a deterrent than deadly, but their modules would be extremely potent with long-ish cooldowns.)

April 21, 2018, 12:14 a.m.

There are some stronger counters than just stasis or drain. Statis and drain are for people who otherwise want to play their ship normally but just want something against a corvette diving at them.

Drain / scrambler pulse + storm missile + flak on a vindicta should work pretty well. There's also purge beam. Both of these shouldn't have blind spots.

April 21, 2018, 12:22 a.m.

I'm looking forward to PC controller support. Then we will see the rise of corvettes, I'm certain.

Come join me @ Twitch

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.