FORUMS

Effective artillery range

Posted: //
April 21, 2018, 3:07 a.m.

So I was recently asked why i was always close to the front. I play Oberon ships mainly and tgeir range for artillery isn't what I'd call spectacular. So I told the person who asked that ny effective range was only 6k, to which they replied that I should still be farther away.

What gives? Am I just missing something?

P.S. I'm in the Virtus atm.

April 21, 2018, 3:17 a.m.

Oberon arty weapons become best at 5km. They deal less dmg on greater range. Also, the oberon arty line is more like an ambush-ship. It has a very big power to weapon bonus. If you want to snipe, better play the akula vector or jupiter arms artillery cruisers, they dont lose damage on their 7km range.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

April 21, 2018, 3:36 a.m.

So basically I have been playing wrong with my arts. I guess I can always go back to ambushing other arts.

April 21, 2018, 3:44 a.m.

Drayelya#4029said:

So basically I have been playing wrong with my arts. I guess I can always go back to ambushing other arts.

Not really. Each type of ship is good at different ranges. You can use them what ever way you like, some will just perform better than others outside of there "intended" ranges.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 22, 2018, 12:05 a.m.

I think the range depends on what you are fighting against. For example if you are trying to trade shots against another non-oberon arty then you want to stay in 5k range. But if you are fighting a vindicta which only has 5k range I would stay at 7k range. (Although I never flied oberon arty in veteran)

April 22, 2018, 11:52 a.m.

Updated //
April 22, 2018, 11:53 a.m.

The Oberon artillary ships definitely dont have the same sniper feel as the AV and JA ships. I get that theyre maneuvering profile sets them apart, but the few times I've played them it feels like you have to close way too much to be effective and their lighter armor just cant stand up to destroyers or dreadnaughts.

Speaking of the Furia, does anyone else have issues when firing the main gun? For me it sometimes fires three rapid shots, or a single shot with a long pause. It didnt seem to matter what I did, it was inconsistent.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.