FORUMS

Veteran only for T3?

Posted: //
April 21, 2018, 9:53 a.m.

Updated //
April 21, 2018, 9:55 a.m.

New players are always pretty angry because they don't accept it to fight versus T4. I don't like the solutions, but here are some.

• Recruit: T1-T2
  • Veteran: T2-T3
  • Legendary: T4-T5
  • Ultima: T5-T6

Or:

• Recruit: T1-T2
  • Veteran: T3
  • Legendary: T4-T5

New players are leaving because they are feeling cheated on, having to play with their T3 fleet vs Lvl 50 T4 players. Change that, and hope for the best.

Also, regarding the Tac nerf: Normally the medic class is not very popular in games. But here in DN, there is no high skill needed, you are being properly rewarded for your heals. Why do Oberon and Akula Tacs have the same Armor rate? Increase koshy armor to 30k, as well as increase the energy consumption by a bit.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

April 21, 2018, 10:30 a.m.

The solution would be to remove tiers. We don't have the player base to support them, anyway.

But devs want players to suffer in hopes of getting those that don't leave in disgust to pay.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 21, 2018, 10:37 a.m.

Updated //
April 21, 2018, 10:37 a.m.

This just moves the problem, this is not fixing it. The real problem is match balance over tiers.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 21, 2018, 11:04 a.m.

I like tiers. Is there a less radical solution, instead of crushing the Tech tree and sčrewing up all balance and math?

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

April 21, 2018, 11:26 a.m.

Updated //
April 21, 2018, 11:31 a.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-218523) said:

I like tiers. Is there a less radical solution, instead of crushing the Tech tree and sčrewing up all balance and math?

Allow all tiers in higher fleet matches, give more points to make up for having lower tier ships, give bots a ship tier that balances out differences of tiers used between teams (if there are bots in the match, and very good experienced players that play lower tier ships probably should be considered as well).

There should be a minimum amount of matches played before a player gets to play Veteran or Legendary so rookies who still can learn a lot don't ruin it for team members, like e.g. 25 for Veteran and 50 for Legendary.

April 21, 2018, 12:30 p.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-218523) said:

If you like the tiers then I fail to see what's there to fix. The tiers are the only problem.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 21, 2018, 12:37 p.m.

[Snib#1627]said:

[Enterprise_NC1701#2026] said:

If you like the tiers then I fail to see what's there to fix. The tiers are the only problem.

I'd say match making is a bigger problem than tiers. We need a skill based MMR.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

April 21, 2018, 1:07 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-218527) said:

Based on what? There's always the same players in the matches, anyway.

Instead, some sort of balancer would be nice - constantly matching low rank t3 teams vs maxed out rank 50 t4 teams is getting old and could be so easily avoided with a team balancer.

April 21, 2018, 1:26 p.m.

[Snib#1627] said:

[Brother Belial#4215] said:

Based on what? There's always the same players in the matches, anyway.

Instead, some sort of balancer would be nice - constantly matching low rank t3 teams vs maxed out rank 50 t4 teams is getting old and could be so easily avoided with a team balancer.

Based on just playing the game. While I was coming up with my T3's I was able to beat T4's and that was with out OB's. I would not class my self as a good player, I'm avrage at best. Also you don't always see the same people in matches. The only times you see the same people all the time are when you end up facing squads every match. That is the problem.

The MM wants quick matches over balanced ones. We can stop pretending thats not how it works, because playing the game will prove it is that way.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of the progression system, but I don't find it offencive, probably because it is the system I've always played the game with.

April 21, 2018, 7:55 p.m.

Well.. the only way a global MMR pool would work is if it had brackets/grades that would prevent 'platinum' players from getting matched against 'bronze' players.

At that point we'd just run back into the situation of Legendary Queues where the wait between matches would be painful.

Conversely, if there was no bracket system, we'd end up with 10% of the playerbase who winds up playing 90% of the games, constantly stomping people who are fresh out of sheltered matchmaking because they're the only competition available. This is exactly the kind of environment we had before the introduction of the tier system.

The other point of consideration is how do bots figure into a tier-less system? Wouldn't they skew matches, and thus your rating? If they're removed, matchmaking times would skyrocket. If there's a bracket system, should there be bots to help populate lower matches to keep the queue-times moving and bolster the confidence new/less skilled players?

I'm just repeating myself at this point, but I think the most efficient solution to the current situation(new players getting completely turned away from the game upon leaving Recruit, enmass) is to restrict veteran queue exclusively to T3 ships. I imagine the most resource-intensive part of this would be figuring out how to handle officer briefings, but compared to the various other solutions I've seen proposed, this seems like it would require the least work/be the fastest fix.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.