FORUMS

Problem with connect to game servers from Russia

Posted: //
April 21, 2018, 10:56 a.m.

Updated //
April 21, 2018, 10:57 a.m.

Hello! Now we have global problem with connecto to game server from Russia. Launcher show "error connecting to greybox" As we think, it is not fault of DN team, it is fault of Roskomnadzor - (Russian Federal Service for Supervision of Communications) They block many IP subnetworks, when they trying to block one messenger... We have one way to solve this problem - write requests to our providers, ask them to solve problem an to deblock DN subnetworks. Now we need just to know subnetworks of DN game servers (I think it is not confidential info).

p.s thank for good game)

April 21, 2018, 12:15 p.m.

Updated //
April 21, 2018, 12:55 p.m.

It is most likely Amazon AWS or Cloudflare which provide some hosting/regional services, I heard they got blocked because of Telegram which used them too, so could create problems. Open a support ticket and make custommer support aware of it, I will try to relay it to them too.

Recruit Engineer

April 21, 2018, 2:04 p.m.

innightwolfsleep#3166 posted (#post-218522) said:

Hello! Now we have global problem with connecto to game server from Russia. Launcher show "error connecting to greybox" As we think, it is not fault of DN team, it is fault of Roskomnadzor - (Russian Federal Service for Supervision of Communications) They block many IP subnetworks, when they trying to block one messenger... We have one way to solve this problem - write requests to our providers, ask them to solve problem an to deblock DN subnetworks. Now we need just to know subnetworks of DN game servers (I think it is not confidential info).

p.s thank for good game)

Hello! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that the game is currently inaccessible through normal means. Our team has been notified and we will do our best to find a solution for you. Till then I ask that you update us is soemthing changes again.

April 21, 2018, 2:58 p.m.

If you are referring to the login screen bug that is very present for Europe as

April 23, 2018, 6:52 p.m.

+1. Same problem. What those RKN guys are doing? They created a lot of problems not just for russian DN players, but also for other people (not only russians by the way) and organistions, like banks, supermarkets, Viber, taxi, even some goverment structers. Can't belive they did it! Oh, yes, almost forgot - that massenger still working =)

April 24, 2018, 8:24 p.m.

As a matter if fact it's not the game, but only the launcher, that is blocked.

The GB services and the dreadnought game servers themselves are accessible just fine, but the launcher connects to several addresses on the start, including 6ft.com which is the only one that's blocked, so the launcher cannot start. If you can circumvent it and get into the game, it will work as usual.

You can even download an update by initiating it via VPN - start downloading, pause, turn VPN off and keep downloading normally. The only thing that cannot be downloaded directly is "dreadnought metafile" whatever that is.

April 25, 2018, 5:04 a.m.

Greetings. Dear developers, make it possible to configure the WEB proxy directly in the launcher. I think this will quickly and easily get around real problems with illegal blocking of hosting by the regulator.

April 25, 2018, 6:03 a.m.

Ska-boo#2971 posted (#post-218916) said:

As a matter if fact it's not the game, but only the launcher, that is blocked.

The GB services and the dreadnought game servers themselves are accessible just fine, but the launcher connects to several addresses on the start, including 6ft.com which is the only one that's blocked, so the launcher cannot start. If you can circumvent it and get into the game, it will work as usual.

You can even download an update by initiating it via VPN - start downloading, pause, turn VPN off and keep downloading normally. The only thing that cannot be downloaded directly is "dreadnought metafile" whatever that is.

The metafile is what tells the launcher whether it needs to download anything and what that is. As long as you've managed to update your game feel free to use my Steam launcher (see sig, doesn't actually need Steam) to get around the official one. It will still throw a notification when it cannot reach the update server but allows you to launch the game regardless.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 25, 2018, 7:02 a.m.

Updated //
May 14, 2018, 3:52 a.m.

Provider MTS (Russia), no blocking of the game server. Connections when launching launcher and client games DreadnoughtLauncher.exe (Run): - 89.13.7a9f.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - vip154.ssl.hwcdn.net - 54.209.124.100 - 104.20.28.40 - 104.20.29.40 - 206.80.46.186 - 34.196.82.6 - 34.195.37.166 DreadnoughtLauncher.exe (Update): - 205.185.208.154 - 206.80.46.186

DreadGame-Win64-Shipping.exe (GameClient): - a104-109-71-246.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com - 172.86.100.9 - 34.199.138.226 (ec2-34-199-138-226.compute-1.amazonaws.com) - 52.5.197.236 (ec2-52.5.197.236.compute-1.amazonaws.com)

April 25, 2018, 9:19 p.m.

My provider (Redcom) confirmed that all restrictions on resources on hosting, addresses previously published by Leolick, are caused by the actions of Roskomnadzor. At present they can not change anything and advise to address these issues directly to Roskomnadzor.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.