FORUMS

How to become a better Oberon Artillery pilot?

Posted: //
April 22, 2018, 9:49 p.m.

Title. I'm looking for some advice, being as theyre my favorite ships to play.

April 23, 2018, 1:43 a.m.

Fly it like a corvette. It has good speed, use it to be hard to shoot, stick with the main bulk of your team. It is great at harassing the enemy.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 23, 2018, 9 a.m.

You can also play it like a Destroyer, stick to the fleet, the back of it to avoid Nukes, and finish off targets.

They have very good dps, and with power to weapons the best Arty dps, your energy won't last long though.

My personal loadout is:

Machine Guns, Rapid Fire Mode, Stasis/Drain Missile, Anti-Missile-Lasers, Armour Amp, Feedback Loop, Glass Cannon, Nerves of Steel, Engineering 101.

Armour Amp + Eng 101 adds up to 100% damage reduction, although just for two seconds, which is perfect to "parry" nukes, Goliath Torps, Rams, ABW or the occassional Drain + Storm Combo.

Playstyle would be to follow the fleet, fire at flankers or weakened targets, help the team take out a Tac, and maybe even scare away enemy Arties, however that fight is tough, so only engage them when you got some cover you can dive into, also train to react fast enough with Armour Amp to block a Salvo of a Jupiter Arms Arty. Only use power to weapons when the enemy is out of energy so he cannot shield, then try to burst him down, once your energy is empty you can then use Rapid Fire Mode (T4+ drains you, T3 RFM you can combine with ptw for mean burst).

Alternatively long range harasser, but then you need a loadout to solo-handle a Corvette/Rammer. So most likely mines and maybe even Disrupt Pulse.

Suicidal playstyle would be Bomb Catapult + minespam up close, best used with mobile cloak to sneak up and then bomb them from below, you need to get a feeling for the right distance though, as Bomb Catapult has a small arming time.

Recruit Engineer

April 23, 2018, 12:29 p.m.

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/6213/

There's a pretty detailed post by Mantissa in that thread that's helpful. Goes over modules/OBs and their effectiveness on the light artillery cruiser. Covers some tips on how to adapt your playstyle, too.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.