FORUMS

Scoring Changes Reverted and Undocumented Changes in 1.12

Posted: //
April 26, 2018, 8:04 p.m.

Game Update 1.12 released on Tuesday to much excitement internally among the team as it marked the release of a new game mode, Conquest, and a ton of back-end server updates that allow us to improve Dreadnought tenfold in the future. What we did not catch went live was a number of smaller config changes that resulted in a decrease in Event and Ribbon XP rewards and changes to how assists are rewarded.

As fate would have it, we were required to take the game servers offline this Thursday to address outages with our third-party partners that were affecting player currencies. During this time, we were able to revert these errant scoring decreases to PC 1.11.1b values. We will be keeping the change to Assists, detailed below. We have also restored the Ship Veterancy bonus and Berserker event that were inappropriately removed. We apologize for any frustration this has caused. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Wait, so how do assists work now? 1.12 introduced into the scoring system a new type of assist called a “Critical Assist.” Critical Assists are triggered when you have done more than 50% of the damage to an enemy but didn’t secure the kill. These assists grant more Event XP and Event Credits than a standard kill because you did more of the work and should be rewarded for it! Our goal with this improvement is to more appropriately award players for their effort while not punishing their teammates for getting the “last hit” and taking all the glory.

We’re very interested in your feedback on this change and with the scoring values returned to normal, would love to hear how you feel this improves Dreadnought.

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

April 26, 2018, 9:12 p.m.

You might want to implement a system whereby you pre-test your patches in a closed environment with qualified QA testers as opposed to the current system you have now.

I worked for Blizzard and...while I did sign a NDA and am limited as to what I can tell you....I can say that developing a QA team from the current community would not be too difficult and would aid greatly in quality control of these patches.

..just a thought.

description "The Tiger and the Lion May be Stronger, but The Wolf doesn't perform in The Circus."

April 26, 2018, 10:35 p.m.

DN_EmptyTuxedo#3505 posted (#post-219127) said:

We’re very interested in your feedback on this change and with the scoring values returned to normal, would love to hear how you feel this improves Dreadnought.

This doesn't improve Dreadnought, it just doesn't make it worse (critical assists are not new). You didn't need to roll back the increased credit payouts from 1.12 btw, that part of the changes had been very welcome.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 27, 2018, 12:36 a.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-219129) said:

DN_EmptyTuxedo#3505 posted (#post-219127) said:

This doesn't improve Dreadnought, it just doesn't make it worse (critical assists are not new). You didn't need to roll back the increased credit payouts from 1.12 btw, that part of the changes had been very welcome.

I have to agree with him here ^

April 27, 2018, 1:40 a.m.

I'm glad the XP rewards have gone back to what they where. It was very dishartning to be playing your best and getting a very small amount of XP, where as before you would have been getting a lot more.

I have to agree with snib. The credit boost was welcomed by those who needed it.

https://static.greybox.com/static/media/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.png i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 27, 2018, 1:50 a.m.

Updated //
April 27, 2018, 7:14 a.m.

Thank you for returning the EXP to the way it was. That error in awards was very disenchanting, the performance award was often less than the participation award. I thought to myself, i was top top 3, and i scored alomost double eveyone but my performance score was low. I should just log in and drive around and participate instead of perform to the best of my ability.

thanks again for being attentive and encouraging performance over participation.

Dreadnought : Great Game just growing pains

April 27, 2018, 8:30 a.m.

I like the addition of the critical assist; I don't know how many times I've played as an artillery ship, done a bunch of damage and get a mere assist.

It sounds like the XP and currency changes were just a quick fix and I won't be surprised if there is more adjustmnets in the near future.

May 25, 2018, 6:46 a.m.

Thank you a lot for 1.12.1. With instant action is much more fun to play!

June 24, 2018, 10:34 p.m.

I love it. After this update I had a freeze issue but nothing that I can handle. Next update, the Corvettes could be roll maneuvers, I'm not corvette pilot entusiast but this could be the game more competitive cause this ships it's so weak and another manuevers to escape would be welcome ;-)

CAPT - RAFAEL

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.