FORUMS

Some feedback about Conquest

Posted: //
April 30, 2018, 10:49 a.m.

I have notice that MOST players ignore the influence factor and try to hit the control points exclusively. DreadNoughts and Artillery can gain HUGE point and KDA ratios by controllingthe middle of the map and letting the destroyers and vettes worry about control points. PLEASE don't expect or PUSH to play your Dreadnought like a vette. The developers have done a good job thinking about the ship classes and how they can influence the map best.

If played right, the bigger slower ships will be exerting control in the middle, duking it out and taking shot as the fast ships try to by pass them toward the control points with arty, nukes, long rang missles etc.

I have been creating new build outs on my ships, using modules I never thought I would to play CONQUEST mode. If your favorite build out doesn't work, try changing it before you start complaining about the game mode.

This game mode is Great!. There are some improvements needed. The payout is laughable, it makes players want to avoid the mode.

In this game too often I am on a team of people that just go everywhere with no coordination. And then on CONQUEST where that is almost encouraged, everyone runs to the control points.

April 30, 2018, 10:55 a.m.

Updated //
April 30, 2018, 10:58 a.m.

Some ideas for improvement.

There should be a stationary module that sits in the base of each team that is responsible for tracking enemy ships. If the enemy destroys said base module (lets call it a radar). Then the ship positions of the opposing team are hidden (not the influence though). There should be a couple of missle turretts in the bases to prevent the enemy from parking too long and taking out the radar over and over again.

The radar module should be targetable, but strong enough to withstand a single nuke strike, but not 2 in succession.

Now as I think about it, kind of like a stationary command ship that tracks the enemy ships. Between the command ship guns and the players warping in constantly it should make a tough but attractive target to take out.

April 30, 2018, 11:24 a.m.

This central control ship could be a carrier. This class would perfectly work in this mode. Ai Carriers (1 per Controlpoint) for protecting and defending the points. You can destroy them, or dodge them. When you have secured the point, it turns into an Allied support Carrier. And a Carrier class itself would work great in this mode too. You send your Interceptors to the Enemy CP, while conquering Point B with fighter jets as defense, then you can provide support.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

April 30, 2018, 11:41 a.m.

In general, I don't want to have to manually shoot down fighters all game just so that I don't die - that's NO fun; that's why carriers are a sucky idea unless each ship gets automated anti-aircraft fire.

April 30, 2018, 12:05 p.m.

Fighters are only small corvettes. Use your secondaries, and deal with it. Also, you have shields, and fighters limited attack runs and cooldowns.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

April 30, 2018, 2:52 p.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-219421) said:

This central control ship could be a carrier. This class would perfectly work in this mode. Ai Carriers (1 per Controlpoint) for protecting and defending the points. You can destroy them, or dodge them. When you have secured the point, it turns into an Allied support Carrier. And a Carrier class itself would work great in this mode too. You send your Interceptors to the Enemy CP, while conquering Point B with fighter jets as defense, then you can provide support.

Not sure if I am sold on the Carrier Class. Probably not for this scenario. If DreadNought had a Team fortress game type I could see that being an interesting addition where instead of capturing a flag, you have to take out a carrier located in apposing fortified cities (fortress) that indeed had a great deal more fighters than what you normally see and a couple of respawning anti arcraft turrets. But this game type should be in a new thread.... will create.

April 30, 2018, 5:19 p.m.

Conquest is so fun, but with this fewards it will end up like TE.

^I want to believe^

May 3, 2018, 10:24 p.m.

I'm not liking this new mode. Why? People are all over the place and don't support each other any more.

May 3, 2018, 11:11 p.m.

As an older player returning after a hiatus, my first match was Conquest. It was highly confusing, there seemed to be no tactics being used by my side, I got horrible score, felt worthless, and generally did not enjoy it. I can only imagine how much worse that experience would be for an actual brand new player. I'm just rusty, but they'd have absolutely no idea what was going on or what they should be flying/doing, especially if they don't spend any time on forums.

Just my take.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

May 4, 2018, 9:06 a.m.

@Sardekar: Hi, this is an interesting feeling you're sharing ; when we announced Conquest we hoped this would be a pretty good Game Mode for both rookies and veterans. This by the fact that, if you're lost in the strategy to adopt you can still do things to help your team: Avoid the conflict and go expand your team influence, get sneaky to try to capture a control point if it seems abandoned by the ennemy team, play defensive and defend the one your team conquered.

There is no shame in avoiding the battle in this game mode, packing your team to fight is fun, and you will get some points by destoying ships, but it's nothing compared to spreading to cover more territories.

@all As we mentioned when we released Conquest, the mode isn't final yet, we liked it enough to release this version and are grateful for all your feedbacks. Thanks to all of you for sharing goods and bads, keep them coming!

French Community Manager

"Do or do not, there is no try."

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.