FORUMS

Some feedback about Conquest

Posted: //
May 4, 2018, 1:28 p.m.

Updated //
May 4, 2018, 3:51 p.m.

Tytyes, I think the bulk of my issue was in both matches I droped into a match without getting the starting screen, so I couldn't choose my ship. I ended up in my TAC, and I think the team figured I could solo heal, so no one else had theirs. We proceeded to get forced into one corner and basically spawn-camped.

My issues may have been mostly due to having a particularly poor team and me not being up to healing a whole team with a T3 TAC after months off, I'll admit that. I will give it more time before I really make a decision on the mode, those were just my initial thoughts from two Conquest matches that both started that way.

EDIT: Ok, had two more matches of exactly the same. Spawned without ship choice, then once I died, chose my TAC, but I was the only one, again in a T3, with the team spread everywhere. There was no possible way for me to have any appreciable impact. Scored well both times, just from being a TAC, but the team lost horribly in both cases, it was stressful, awkward, and not fun. I have to reiterate my earlier impression that this mode would be a nightmare for an inexperienced player. By the time your team starts to get the hang of it and work together even a tiny bit, the game is over. We need in-game VOIP in order for this to be a better mode I feel, and to be able to actually choose our ships at the start. I was so excited to start playing again, but seeing as the only game mode which seems to have relatively faster queue times is in fact Conquest, this has really left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not encouraged by the fact that I can still get within top 3 on my team if I'm always losing and getting low rewards for the effort, on top of just not enjoying the game mode I'm forced to play due to high queue times for any other mode.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

May 6, 2018, 10:55 a.m.

Rewards are too low for this mode Inability to choose onslaught and TDM without choosing to fight in conquest Mode favors fast ships capable of 1v1 fighting anything Did i mention very low rewards? After decent game in t3 medium dread i got ~1100 xp with the bonus and no elite , after decent game in Onslaught i got 3300 in same ship with bonus and no elite

May 9, 2018, 1:50 p.m.

I love conquest mode. It forces people to change their playstyle and gives a greater purpose to the secondary loadout. I"m scoring 2-3 times the rewards compared to what I would in Team Deathmatch or Onslaught. While there was a learning curve on how to be successful I am really glad this game mode is here.

PS: Can't find a match for it in veteran lately... is it out of the "any" queue?

Come join me @ Twitch

May 9, 2018, 3:10 p.m.

Thanks for all the feedback on Conquest mode. Our developers are always listening and improving the game based on your feedback!

slab_of_bacon#9340 posted (#post-220063) said:

Can't find a match for it in veteran lately... is it out of the "any" queue?

We are working on a fix right now and will have it up after maintenance today. More information on exact times will be posted on our CS Twitter page here: https://twitter.com/GreyBoxCS

VAQSeeN - Customer/Technical Support on Player Relations

Having game/tech issues? Submit a support ticket here!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.